Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Blu-ray Writing Error - internal error (0x94320003)

Last post 2 hours, 37 minutes ago by GRF. 13 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-25-2023, 6:43 826578

Blu-ray Writing Error - internal error (0x94320003)

I have just completed editing and authoring a project. I then moved onto writing the project to a Blu-ray disc (BD-R DL), which had enough capacity to accept the film.

I have now tried four times to burn a disc without success. It gets as far as completing “Creating Asset Exporting Frame”, when a small window comes up “The disc export has experienced an internal error (0x94320003)”. The Status line says “Creating Asset Total: 16% complete”. The total number of frames are 345,294 which it finishes.

The film total length is under 2 hours has 16 linked chapters to two sub menus and about 6 unlinked chapters.  I have looked on ther forum and one suggestion was that there could be a problem with a chapter link but when I checked the film with the Disc Simulator and all the links worked.

Please can anyone advise me what is the problem.

•  01-25-2023, 8:52 826580 in reply to 826578

Re: Blu-ray Writing Error - internal error (0x94320003)

Are your "about 6 unlinked chapters" really chapters with markers? If they are, those are called orphan chapters. Blu-ray rules require there's a way to link to them.

Joe

•  01-25-2023, 9:28 826582 in reply to 826580

Thank you for your reply.

I put these 6 orphan chapters as the project was long.  I thought that the these could be used to  'move the film on' .

Does this mean that the rules of Blu-ray will not accept orphans.  I don't wish to have anymore linked chapters as there are already too many menus.

Stephen

•  01-25-2023, 11:35 826587 in reply to 826582

My curiosity was aroused - and I tried a small test project:

Adding unlinked chapters did not cause the error 0x94320003 here - and using "Create Image" with the preset "Fit to disc" the Blu-ray disc image (folder structure) was exported successfully

But I hit another snag (probably related just to my project); the created Blu-ray image did not play correctly in either VLC Player or MPC-HC - the menus did not work or did not appear at all (this happened whether or not there were unlinked chapters). Yet I can export a DVD image from the same project that plays perfectly...

So the presence of the unlinked chapters may not be the cause of that error 0x94320003 (although it may result in a disc that doesn't play properly on some players...)

An idea - do you actually need to use a double-layer disc? 2 hours of full-HD video (1920x1080) ought to fit on a single layer 25GB disc with reasonable picture quality. Perhaps that error 0x94320003 is related to double-layer discs; (a wild guess) maybe Studio can't work out where to put the layer break? (Easy (although time-consuming) test; set Studio to create a Blu-ray image that fits on a 25GB disc and attempt to create the disc image (if it completes successfully and works in VLC Player etc. you could go on and burn it onto a disc ("Burn Image" in Studio's exporter))

Regards,
    Richard

•  01-25-2023, 12:52 826596 in reply to 826587

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your reply.

I am going for ‘Best Quality’ as the video is HD and of wild life.

I will check tomorrow if single layer will accommodate the film. I use a separate PC for editing and I have just shut it down.

I did try to create a disc image and the same error occurred.

This is becoming a little frustrating. I raised a ticket about this on the 8th Jan, so far nothing.

Stephen

•  01-25-2023, 14:08 826599 in reply to 826596

GRF:
    I am going for ‘Best Quality’ as the video is HD and of wild life.

What camera recorded the original footage? If it was a consumer AVCHD camcorder, chances are that is used a fairly modest video bit rate of around 17Mbit/sec - so a "best quality" Blu-ray export (40Mbit/sec) won't improve it (the very fine detail has already been thrown away by the camera).

A quick and fairly easy test to see if going for "fit to disc" (which restricts the maximum video bit rate to around 24Mbit/sec) is likely to give acceptable picture quality:

1. Mark in/out points using the calipers (or I and O keys) around a small passage of video in your project that has a lot of movement and/or fine detail that you need to be able to see
    2. Export it as an MP4 file (Studio's export format H.264/AVC), using the stock "HD 1080p" preset (which if my memory is correct also uses a video bit rate of 24Mbit/sec)
    3. Play the exported file in a media player to determine whether there is any noticeable or unacceptable drop in picture quality when compared with the original

HTH
    Richard

•  01-25-2023, 15:19 826601 in reply to 826599

Thank you, Richard,

I’ll have a look into this tomorrow.

The camera is Nikon P1000.

Best regards,

Stephen

•  01-25-2023, 16:03 826602 in reply to 826601

FWIW I had a look in the P1000's reference manual; there's no mention of video bit rate for movies (the camera just offers the choice of the frame size and frame rate). The free MediaInfo application (use its "tree" or "text" view) would show all the detailed properties of the video file.

BTW my failure to export a Blu-ray disc image with working menus appears to be a PS26 issue here (installation?). If I open exactly the same small project in PS23 Ultimate and export as a Blu-ray disc image, the main and sub-menus work correctly. I've tried a library reset in PS26 (no change); I'll try an uninstall/registry clean/reinstall.

Regards,
    Richard

•  01-25-2023, 16:56 826604 in reply to 826602

AW: Re: Blu-ray Writing Error - internal error (0x94320003)

Hello,

today I created successfully a Blu-Ray Image and a DVD-Image with S26U. Movie 70 minutes long, One main-Menue and three Sub-Menues.
    Like in previous versions, I first rendered my movie to a MPEG2-File. Then I used this file to create a disc-project with only adding the menu.

•  01-25-2023, 17:20 826605 in reply to 826604

Re: AW: Re: Blu-ray Writing Error - internal error (0x94320003)

qek:
    today I created successfully a Blu-Ray Image and a DVD-Image with S26U

Have you tried playing the Blu-ray disc image - do the menus work?

•  01-26-2023, 6:51 826609 in reply to 826605

Hello,

I am currently working in PS25U, which has written to Blu-ray in the past without a problem.

I have tried to create a disc image with the same error occurring.

Best regards,

Stephen

•  01-26-2023, 12:00 826615 in reply to 826609

GRF:
    I am currently working in PS25U, which has written to Blu-ray in the past without a problem.

Apologies - I assumed you were using PS26... I've now tried with PS25 (simple project with main and sub menus, three linked chapters and one unlinked chapter; creation of the disc image was successful and the image was playable in VLC Player. My test project was HD 1920x1080/50i, with a single video clip about 2 minutes long, I used the Bluray export preset "fit to disc" disc size 25GB, and everything else at factory-defaults.

If changing the setting to "fit to disc" and the target as a 25GB (single layer) disc doesn't fix the issue - some more suggestions (in increasing order of "severity"):

• Try making a very simple project similar to mine; if that exports OK then maybe there's something strange about that particular project. You could try copying/pasting all of the timeline content into a new project and setting up the menus again
    • If that still fails, or if trying to export a very simple project also fails, try doing a library reset from Studio's control panel (resets control panel settings back to defaults, but doesn't lose any library content)
    • If that still fails, try the "drastic" reset of renaming the local\PinnacleStudio25 folder under the logged-in user's hidden AppData folder; when Studio is next launched it will build a new library database (by renaming rather than deleting the old folder you will have a backup of the old contents and settings). Only the stock content will appear in the library, but you will still be able to open the old project (and Studio will auto-add the assets to the library)
    • If that also fails, you can at least put the old library contents back again by deleting the newly-created folder and renaming the "backed up" oner back to its original name
    • And I suppose there's always the uninstall/reinstall route...

HTH
    Richard

•  01-26-2023, 12:30 826617 in reply to 826615

Thank you Richard.

I will tackle this task over the weekend, life has other plans for me tomorrow.

Best regards.

Stephen

•  2 hours, 37 minutes ago 826647 in reply to 826615

Thank you very much, Richard for your help regarding matter.

I followed your instructions in your first bullet point and made a short project with linked and unlinked chapters. On the first two attempts the process stopped as it had done in the past. But on the third time it exported successfully. The only change I made in the setting was to change from Auto Detect in the video to HD 1920x1080/50i as you stated.

I then set about creating an image of the project that was giving problems. Again I set HD 1920x1080/50i, also I set it to Blu-ray double layer disc This was successful.

I then moved on the trying to directly burning the project to a disc, this failed with the error message 0x94320003 as before.

Then I burnt the image I had created to a double layer Blu-ray disc. This worked successfully and play on my Blu-ray/DVD player.

In the past I have produced a Blu-ray double layer disc without any problem with the Pinnacle default setting, I am therefore baffled as to way it fail on this project.

Thank you again for you assistance with this problem.

Best regards,

Stephen

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy