Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

trial installation

Last post 08-12-2022, 15:59 by culpanr. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-11-2022, 18:09 823295

trial installation

Hi,

I am trying to install the trial on my Windows 10 machine but I get "We encountered a problem while installing Pinnacle Studio. Please restart and retry the install process." I have done that but the same requestor appears. Thanks for any assistance.

•  08-12-2022, 5:50 823311 in reply to 823295

Re: trial installation

Did you see (and dismiss) any error pop-up boxes during the course of the installation? An error might posibly occur that's actually harmless (for example trying to install the .NET Framework update when it's already present on your PC)

And did the installation otherwise appear to have completed (Studio's expected icons on the desktop/in the start menu)? If they are there, does Studio work if you try launchng it?

•  08-12-2022, 12:42 823323 in reply to 823311

Hi,

Thanks for your message. There weren't any pop-up requestors during installation other than it failed at the end. No icons for launching have appeared and 26 doesn't appear in add/remove programs. I tried the installation on an underpowered laptop and it loaded fine. 

•  08-12-2022, 15:59 823335 in reply to 823323

You might be able to determine what is going wrong on that Windows 10 machine by looking at the installation log files; if the trial's installer is similar to that of the full version it will save the log files in a place such as C:\ProgramData\Pinnacle Log Files\Studio 26\<dated folder>

You ought to have a file installer_log.txt + some .log files pertaining to each Studio component that was installed (or the installation was attempted but failed)

HTH
    Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy