Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Lime Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise

Last post 07-25-2022, 11:02 by Tony P. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-21-2022, 21:16 823015

Lime Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise

I'm downsizing, sorting through my tapes and DVDs, throwing out outdated media and copies of videos I've made for other people, and saving my own favorites as MP4s. I ran across this fun song my adult daughter performed at a church family talent night back in 2009. I cut this 2 1/2 minute song out of a 23-minute video, added lyrics and titles at beginning and end, and cut and pasted a bit of the music under the opening title.  I love the editing process!

Sadly, the technology of video-making has become too complicated for my aging brain. Many thanks to saby for helping me get this one imported for editing.  I appreciate his help through the years, along with Tony P. and I think Colour, and a few others now and then.  I could not have had this wonderfully satisfying hobby without your help.  Thank you - it's been a great ride!

•  07-22-2022, 2:17 823019 in reply to 823015

Re:Lime Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise

Jello Marshmallow + Pimento + Pineapple + Mayonnaise + Vanilla

Hummmm . I'm glad your daughter never invited me for a diner at her home !!!

•  07-22-2022, 6:07 823020 in reply to 823015

Re: Lime Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise

Thank you for your very kind words!

While yes, video editors have become more "complex", they still can be easy to use and edit with. It's like anything that we get that's new. I bought a DJI Ronin SC gimbal. I opened the box, looked at the pieces that would have to be put together, watched some tutorials on how to balance the camera and thought to myself, this wasn't a good idea. Too complex for me to be bothered with. But I spent the money. After a couple of hours of practicing setting it up, it was really pretty easy to use. Now, I can stabilize anything on it within the gimbal's weight limit.

The same with video editing. The biggest transition was from Studio 15 to Avid Studio, years ago. I'm not spring chicken, so video editing keeps the "grey matter" working, and I am still editing and shooting video.

It's therapy for me. 

•  07-22-2022, 17:42 823031 in reply to 823020

Tony, I had to look up "gimbal" to see what you ordered to help with video-making.  Something for you to have fun with!  Some other reasons for my moving away from video - Our granddaughters are too old now for making music videos, which I enjoyed the most.  I don't have an audience or anything I want to make videos of.  I used to see opportunities everywhere for making interesting videos. So I haven't made any for awhile, and have forgotten how to transfer from camcorder to computer, or had trouble last time I tried.  

And then there's the iPhone, which I have.  Our GriefShare program needed a short 1.5 min. interview to add onto a professional 2-minute video.  Someone showed me how to tape it with my iPhone on a tripod and input it to my computer for editing in PS.  That was pretty slick, and as always I enjoyed the editing part.

By the way, I don't think I taped the Lime Jello piece, which isn't the best job of videotaping.  I think my daughter sent us the tape, and I put it on DVD for us and for her.  With videomaking, I often think of the phrase "making a silk purse out of a sow's ear."  I like the challenge of taking whatever footage I have, and working with it to make it interesting and enjoyable, with good momentum - no dragging. 

So my new interest is making greeting cards, just for me to use, not to sell.  It has some of the same elements as video editing - combining color, fonts, design, detail work - without the technical challenges.

I forgot to mention towbar - he helped me a lot in past years, don't remember with what.  I started with Studio 8, and kept up with a lot of advances - some very good, and some too complex for my aptitudes. Thanks to all who have shared their experience and knowledge. Again, I could not have had so much satisfaction with this hobby without your help.  Yes, Tony, I agree that it's therapy!

•  07-25-2022, 11:02 823058 in reply to 823031

Margaret, there are some things I've always had in the back of my mind to purchase, but the cost outweighed the need. Things always go down in price, and when this one did, I bought the gimbal. Of course, it's a limited use item, but there are those times when I wished I had one. 

As for the Lime Jello video, a lot of people put too much emphasis on the quality of the video without having a compelling story to go with it. Yes, the video looks perfect, but it doesn't hold anyone's interest. There was a story with the Lime video.

Greeting cards can also be video. But I understand that there are times when our interests are in another direction. Video has been a part of my life for 32 years. It's in my blood. And I also meet "younger" people who have an interest in it too. It's an ageless occupation. 

Enjoy your greeting card making!  

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy