Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Effects on the clipboard, and 'pasting' them to selected clips.

Last post 01-24-2022, 2:22 by saby. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-14-2022, 14:36 819780

Effects on the clipboard, and 'pasting' them to selected clips.

Attachment: Mixdown4.png

From p83 of the manual. 

""Clips to which effects have been added have a magenta line along the upper edge. Rightclick on the clip, or right-click the line, to access the Effect context menu, which provides Cut all and Copy all commands for transferring or sharing a set of effects between clips. Select one or more target clips, then press Ctrl+V or click Paste on the timeline context menu.""

Now 'Ripple' was news to me, so I can understand where I am missing the obvious. AGAIN.  

So, I get all the way to the 'copy' of Pan and Zoom. (pic below)  I select copy. 

Then I select a couple target clips, and try Crtl+V.    Nothing.   Go to 'Edit>Paste' on the upper left of the page. Nogo.  Try right clicking on an empty part of the timeline to access the timeline context menu, has 'paste all' greyed out. 

Lil' Help please?  

•  01-14-2022, 15:43 819784 in reply to 819780

Re:Effects on the clipboard, and 'pasting' them to selected clips.

It's working on my computer.

Take a look at this video : https://youtu.be/9nbhaPbSMso

Is there something different that you're doing ?

BTW, Ctrl+V works too on my machine.

•  01-14-2022, 16:47 819803 in reply to 819784

Re: Re:Effects on the clipboard, and 'pasting' them to selected clips.

saby:

It's working on my computer.

Take a look at this video : https://youtu.be/9nbhaPbSMso

Is there something different that you're doing ?

BTW, Ctrl+V works too on my machine.

Well THAT was a short simple video. THANKS! 

I was doing a couple things differently, but not sure if they would affect the outcome.  

In the video, the user is selecting clips using a drawn outline, I was using "left click+ctrl"  to pick the ones I wanted, as they are not contiguous on the timeline. But the end result was highlighted clips. 

When I had the clips highlighted, I tried CRTL+V, no change. 

I did right click on the highlighted clips, but saw no selection that was paste related, either 'paste' or 'paste all'  but I do reserve the right to be wrong, and have missed it somehow. 

With the clips highlighted, I also tried the Edit>Paste to no avail. 

When I did click on the timeline to reveal the context menu, Paste All WAS the only selection, but greyed out. It did not function. 

Maybe I am doing something wrong putting it on the clipboard. I am open to having my ignorance corrected...again...   I am past the 'This software doesnt work' stage of reasoning, as it has seemed to be my 'misdeeds' that have caused the problems in the past so far. 

I am rendering a mixdown project right now,  but I will check ASAP after it is done to see if I somehow missed the 'Paste All'.   If that is the case, i will feel like a REAL idiot. Still wouldn't explain why CRTL+V didn't work. Will report back! 

THANKS AGAIN!! 

•  01-14-2022, 17:00 819805 in reply to 819803

Volkemon2:
    I was doing a couple things differently, but not sure if they would affect the outcome.  

In the video, the user is selecting clips using a drawn outline, I was using "left click+ctrl"  to pick the ones I wanted, as they are not contiguous on the timeline. But the end result was highlighted clips. 

When I had the clips highlighted, I tried CRTL+V, no change. 

The user, it's me. I made this video just to show you what was happening on my PC.

Lassoing the clips or selecting them with Ctrl+left click it's the same : it's working on my PC. Wether the clips are contiguous or not doesn't matter : it's working.

•  01-16-2022, 13:07 819873 in reply to 819805

Thank you for the efforts.  It is STILL not working here. If I select 'delete' instead of 'copy' from the context menu of 'pan and zoom' the effect is deleted. so i know the menu is working....it just isnt copying. 

I am SERIOUSLY starting to wonder if something on my computer is interfering with the program. Things are changing. 

The XAVCS  files exported from my first try worked. Now, the last two XAVCS exports I have tried, both come up as "File is in use, or codec not recognized by WMP.".   Same settings and everything as the first one...that worked and played fine on WMP. 

I am going to go about cleaning all data I want to save from this computer,  reset it, and re-install PS25.   will post results. 

Thanks again for all the assistance.  

•  01-21-2022, 20:55 820022 in reply to 819873

Well, STILL a no-go. 

I got a new 2tb SSD.  Cloned my existing 1tb onto it. 

Reset the OS to factory fresh. 

Fresh install of PS25.  NO other apps installed. 

Still will not do the copy/paste of effects from the clipboard.  Using context menus or CRTL+V.  

*******************************************************************************************************************

This file might be at fault, I am going to try this project without it and see what happens.  Grasping at straws now. 

There was an instance where I had 'ripple transition' not work either....turned out there was a 1 second segment I missed, and it was included in the group I was trying to ripple. Being too short, it 'disallowed' the group request. Hope that made sense.... Maybe there is something in the following file that is doing something similar here.  

MediaInfo follows. It was too large for a screenshot on this laptop. 

General

Complete name                            : D:\NYE 2021\Widgeon 1\Layer1set1 30P.mp4

Format                                   : MPEG-4

Format profile                           : Base Media / Version 2

Codec ID                                 : mp42 (mp42/isom)

File size                                : 12.8 GiB

Duration                                 : 1 h 32 min

Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable

Overall bit rate                         : 19.9 Mb/s

Encoded date                             : UTC 2022-01-13 16:55:53

Tagged date                              : UTC 2022-01-13 16:55:53

Video

ID                                       : 1

Format                                   : MPEG-4 Visual

Format profile                           : Advanced Simple@L5

Format settings, BVOP                    : No

Format settings, QPel                    : No

Format settings, GMC                     : No warppoints

Format settings, Matrix                  : Default (H.263)

Codec ID                                 : mp4v-20

Bit rate mode                            : Variable

Bit rate                                 : 19.8 Mb/s

Nominal bit rate                         : 6 896 kb/s

Maximum bit rate                         : 24.1 Mb/s

Width                                    : 1 920 pixels

Height                                   : 1 080 pixels

Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9

Frame rate mode                          : Constant

Frame rate                               : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS

Color space                              : YUV

Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0

Bit depth                                : 8 bits

Scan type                                : Progressive

Compression mode                         : Lossy

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.318

Stream size                              : 12.7 GiB (99%)

Language                                 : English

Audio

ID                                       : 2

Format                                   : AAC LC

Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity

Codec ID                                 : mp4a-40-2

Bit rate mode                            : Variable

Bit rate                                 : 113 kb/s

Channel(s)                               : 2 channels

Channel layout                           : L R

Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz

Frame rate                               : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)

Compression mode                         : Lossy

Stream size                              : 73.7 MiB (1%)

Other #1

ID                                       : 3

Type                                     : Object description

Format                                   : System Core

Codec ID                                 : mp4s-02

Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte

Source stream size                       : 18.0 Bytes

Other #2

ID                                       : 4

Type                                     : Scene description

Format                                   : System Core

Codec ID                                 : mp4s-02

Stream size                              : 0.00 Byte

Source stream size                       : 16.0 Bytes

•  01-22-2022, 11:53 820026 in reply to 820022

New day, new clips. Made another MCE project, imported back into editor. 

Going into sub-editor,  no more 'green preview' frames on any clips. This was an indicator of a problem with the file described in last post. 

Put pan/zoom onto one clip, attempt to copy/paste on others.... no go. Same results. This feature is not working, and this could not be a newer, cleaner install of PS25. ANY suggestions on where to look? 

MAYBE there is a workaround...  

In the pan/zoom editor menu window, it starts with 'edit mode' - I am choosing static in this case. 

Next down is 'preset'. Initially highlighting a clip, it changes to custom, regardless if there are effects on the clip. Selections are default (return to zero), static small zoon and static big zoom.

In the 'Pan and Zoom source window', I use the 'white rectangle' to adjust the zoom, and frame rotation as desired. 

HOW can I save these current settings as a preset, so that I may use that preset on other clips? I dont see the 'Edit Preset' or 'Save Preset' button(s) as described in the manual for other features. 

"  Presets are available in most cases, or you can customize the settings by clicking the Edit Preset button . You can then click the Save Preset button to save your custom settings as a new preset. " (P232) 

As the presets given are rather worthless. Even if I could edit them to my needs, using the same names, would be a benefit.

I am estimating ~200 clips in a current 96 minute project. 5 different sources.  One source always needs the same pan/zoom/rotate. There are around 40**  instances of this same source, and  the way it is working I am having to address EVERY SINGLE ONE separately.  This is one band, one set. I have set two waiting. The 6 more bands from the same weekend. This workflow slowdown is KILLING me. My wife has had the patience of a saint. 

Either being able to use the copy/paste feature or edit a setting. Either would be preferable. 

Thanks for the help.  

** EDIT - took half an hour to do this one source, and there were 42 clips used from it. Not a bad guess earlier!  Static zoom, no rotate.  

•  01-22-2022, 15:23 820032 in reply to 820026

Volkemon2:

HOW can I save these current settings as a preset, so that I may use that preset on other clips? I dont see the 'Edit Preset' or 'Save Preset' button(s) as described in the manual for other features. 

"  Presets are available in most cases, or you can customize the settings by clicking the Edit Preset button . You can then click the Save Preset button to save your custom settings as a new preset. " (P232) 

Unlike with FX, there is no way to save a preset in P&Z.

I still have no clue why copy/paste doesn't work on your system. A workaround : create a nested project with all the clips you want to apply the same P&Z, and apply this P&Z to the nested project.

•  01-23-2022, 17:49 820058 in reply to 820032

Not sure if that would be feasible, as I have to keep the clips all sync'ed  to the project audio. Good thought however! 
     For times that I need all the same correction on a camera angle, I am using the workaround of putting that one camera angle on the timeline, adjust P&Z, then export.  Re-import the 'corrected' camera footage and use instead of original. 

But often I need different P&Z on the same camera. IE: my 'stage left' cam had the drummer and guitarist in it. Sometimes I want it showing both, sometimes just the guitarist centered in frame. 

Is it possible to get tech support that would include 'remote log on' to diagnose the problem?  I was 'blaming' other programs being installed with creating problems. But *nothing* but Win 10 and PS25 on this computer now, so not a lot left to 'blame' for problems. Both fresh installs.  I really want it to work. 

•  01-24-2022, 2:22 820060 in reply to 820058

Volkemon2:

Is it possible to get tech support that would include 'remote log on' to diagnose the problem? 

1st step : open a Corel's support ticket and submit your issue

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy