Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio 12 on New PC - Fonts Too Small

Last post 01-14-2022, 18:10 by steveromo. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-30-2021, 13:35 819470

Studio 12 on New PC - Fonts Too Small

So My family got me a new laptop for Christmas! A Lenovo Yoga 14" with Windows 11. I was able to successfully install Studio 12.1 onto it thru a flash drive and was able to enter most of my Activation Keys (Dream Glow and MP3 say "Incorrect" for some reason?) But, while it works fine, it doesn't look right. The work areas are laid out correctly but all the text and icons are tiny  leaving lots of empty grey areas and making it difficult to read. I can find no settings to fix this. If I increase the computer's display scale (currently 150%) the desktop and other programs get bigger but it has NO effect on Studio. On Studio's properties / compatibility tabs, I can set it open up at 640 x 480 but that is WAY too big! Is there a setting in-between? Any ideas? (Ironically I had posted a few months back while trying to install on another old Lenovo with the same screen size and that looked fine!) Thanks in advance for any help!
  •  12-30-2021, 18:16 819472 in reply to 819470

Re: Studio 12 on New PC - Fonts Too Small

Does it run Wordperfect? How about Wordstar? :-)

•  01-01-2022, 14:03 819483 in reply to 819472

I don't use either of those but I successfully installed and run Microsoft Word 2007, as well as a a 2000 version of Photoshop! I tried checking every combination of the Properties / Compatibility settings but nothing I do changes the look. It DOES work but is very difficult to see any text it's so small! Thanks for reply!
  •  01-02-2022, 5:44 819494 in reply to 819483

AW: Re: Studio 12 on New PC - Fonts Too Small

Hi Steve,

please remark, that Studio12 was designed at the year 2008 , it is 14 years ago !
    You cannot expect a program like this to still work without problems after 14 years under new operating systems.

Your problem with activationkeys results at the fact, that the former company "pinnacle " dont exists today,
    so the links for activation does not work.

Switch to a actual version of studio, but please remember that relearning will be necessary

Regards, Helmut42

•  01-02-2022, 17:27 819506 in reply to 819470

I am using Windows 10 on an uncompatible desktop and I just tested Pinnacle Studio 12 on it and it works great for me. I don't have any problems with the fonts at all. Try clicking on the PS12 icon and select "troubleshoot compatibility" and select Windows XP and try again. As for your activation keys you need to send a PM to any moderator on this site and send them your registered email and PS12 passport number so he/she can send you a new set of keys.
  •  01-03-2022, 0:15 819512 in reply to 819506

It works - and looks - just fine on my Windows 10 computers. But I just got a new Windows 11 and on that one it works BUT the look is messed up - the work areas and viewer are fine but the text and icons are VERY small and difficult to see / read. I can live with it but would like to fix it if possible. I tried the compatibility settings with all the available options (Windows 95 - Windows 8) and I tried the Override DPI to System also but no luck. I tried every combination of compatibility settings and restarted each time but no success. I just feel that if it works OK I should be able to fix the look. Thanks for your help!
  •  01-03-2022, 7:04 819514 in reply to 819512

Might be an update to your Laptop graphics card or a missing update. What graphics card does it has.

UPDATE: Correction, I am using Windows 11 on an unsupportive Desktop and don't have any issues with PS12. 

•  01-03-2022, 15:53 819526 in reply to 819514

Thanks for checking back. Graphics is Intel Iris Xe. Processor is Intel 11th Generation Core i5 Evo Platform. The model is Lenovo Yoga 7i. Wondering if you could check the Compatibility settings on your version to see if that's where my problem lies. Thanks for replying!! 
  •  01-04-2022, 11:56 819530 in reply to 819526

steveromo:
    Thanks for checking back. Graphics is Intel Iris Xe. Processor is Intel 11th Generation Core i5 Evo Platform. The model is Lenovo Yoga 7i. Wondering if you could check the Compatibility settings on your version to see if that's where my problem lies. Thanks for replying!! 

Try downloading and installing the Intel updates to see if any updates may be missing: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Since Windows 11 is just new I am not quite sure if there may be any updates yet available for Windows 11 drivers. 

•  01-04-2022, 20:46 819535 in reply to 819530

Thanks. So on the Intel site they offered an update & install of DCH Drivers. I installed them & restarted, but still no changes. Like you said, maybe what I am looking for just isn't yet available. Any idea what the update I am looking for might be named? Also, any way you can look over the Properties / Compatibility settings on the Windows 11 PC you successfully ran Studio 12 on? Some research I did indicated those settings will fix programs that appear too small, but  every combo I tried failed. Thanks again for offering your assistance!
  •  01-05-2022, 10:08 819545 in reply to 819535

The only thing I did was that I had PS12 on Windows 10 and then just upgraded my computer to Windows 11 over Windows 10.

Did you install all Microsoft updates including the optional updates if any. 

•  01-10-2022, 20:52 819673 in reply to 819545

Thanks for following up. I checked and I am fully up to date with Windows and Lenovo but the issue remains. I wonder if I should reinstall Studio but I would like to make sure I am doing it correctly first. I copied files from a disc that I labelled "Use to reinstall Studio." onto a flash drive, clicked on the WELCOME icon, and entered my passport number. I had to then enter all my activation keys to get up and running. Is there a better way to install on a PC thru a flash drive? Should I use the original software disc or copy directly from the old laptop's Program Files folder? BTW, can you check on the properties / compatibility tab to verify what (if any) version of Windows and High DPI settings are checked on your Windows 11 version of Studio 12? A Google search indicated this is where I need to make changes to fix the problem. Thanks for keeping with me on this - I know you experts can help me find the answer!

•  01-14-2022, 18:10 819809 in reply to 819673

So I gave up trying to adjust Studio so I will just have to change my PC's display settings every time I want to use Studio. If I set the resolution to 1368 x 768 and scale to 100% Studio looks like it did on my other PC's AND my desktop and other programs look OK (not great but OK!) It's a workaround but I'm still hopeful to find a way to have Studio display properly without having to adjust the PC's settings. Still wondering why the recommended fix (DPI Settings in the Properties tab) have no effect. Thanks for the replies!
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy