Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Upgrade from PS24U to PS25U - General Installation Questions

Last post 11-18-2021, 14:20 by saby. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-18-2021, 8:37 818429

Upgrade from PS24U to PS25U - General Installation Questions

Hi all,

I'm planning to upgrade from PS24 Ultimate to PS25 Ultimate. Prior doing it, I have some questions:

1. Parallel installation of both versions

When I'm going to install PS25,

a) is PS24 automatically uninstalled?
    b) or will PS25 be installed in parallel to PS24, and if yes
    b1) will PS25 take over all settings including library content from the PS24?
    b2) can I then use both versions on my choice?

2. Would it be wise to uninstall PS24 first before installing the PS25 upgrade?

In this case, will the settings of PS24 still remain on disk and being taken over by the PS25 installation routine?

3. I already searched unsuccessfully for the PS25 user manual (PDF) in advance to purchase/download the upgrade. Does someone know whether this is available for download?

Many thanks,
    - OldHans

•  11-18-2021, 10:54 818433 in reply to 818429

Re:Upgrade from PS24U to PS25U - General Installation Questions

Hello.

1a : no

1b : installed in parallel

1b1 : not all settings, but library content yes 

1b2 : yes

2 : no + PS25 install won t have any impact on PS24

3 : I ll send you a download link ASAP 

•  11-18-2021, 12:41 818444 in reply to 818433

Re:Upgrade from PS24U to PS25U - General Installation Questions

Here is PS25 user manual : https://help.pinnaclesys.com/pinnacle/v25/en/official-help/index.html
  •  11-18-2021, 13:23 818449 in reply to 818433

Re: Re:Upgrade from PS24U to PS25U - General Installation Questions

Bonsoir saby,

many thanks for your answers and the download link!

The following information taken from the user guide might be interesting for others:

"Upgrade Installation

If a qualifying previous version of the software is currently installed on the computer, the Installation Manager will automatically recognize its presence and permit the upgrade."

Salue,
    - OldHans

PS:
    c'était il y a très longtemps, je me souviens toujours avec plaisir de mes séjours dans le sud de la France

•  11-18-2021, 13:39 818450 in reply to 818449

OldHans:

many thanks for your answers and the download link!

The following information taken from the user guide might be interesting for others:

"Upgrade Installation

If a qualifying previous version of the software is currently installed on the computer, the Installation Manager will automatically recognize its presence and permit the upgrade."

In fact, an upgrade version is a full version that you pay cheaper to grant your fidelity to the Pinnacle brand.

OldHans:

PS:
    c'était il y a très longtemps, je me souviens toujours avec plaisir de mes séjours dans le sud de la France

Gut erledigt ! Du hast in perfektem Französisch geschrieben !

(I had to use Google translate Embarrassed )

Where have you been in Southern part of France ? I'm living between St Tropez and Cannes.

•  11-18-2021, 14:16 818453 in reply to 818450

mon français est très modeste, j'ai dû m'aider de DEEPL Tongue Tied

Between St. Tropez and Cannes? I remember Fréjus at least from the name...

I guess it was in 1963 when my parents did camping with us kids somewhere at the medeteranian coast, I still remember the beautifull cathedral at Marseille.

In the late 70's and early 80's I made camping by my self several times, where I visited St. Tropez, La Grand Motte, Montpellier and a couple of small villages on the way down to Perpingan as well as Clermont Ferrand.

Because I always had old cars, I did a lot of repairs during the trips, and learned the one and other repair shop.

In the 90's I spend a few days in Paris visiting several historical places, including one evening in the Lido Varieté (was interesting to see a show at least once), while in apx. 2005 I ferried a Cessna from North Germany to Cannes, then spending a day in Nice.

However, I keep the life style in the off-tourist locations very positiv in my mind  Smile

•  11-18-2021, 14:20 818454 in reply to 818453

OldHans:

Between St. Tropez and Cannes? I remember Fréjus at least from the name...

Bingo ! I'm 5 kms from Fréjus.    Big Smile

OldHans:

while in apx. 2005 I ferried a Cessna from North Germany to Cannes, then spending a day in Nice.

I was born in Nice.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy