Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

PS25U Time Freeze Issues

Last post 10-21-2021, 11:07 by slexpress. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-14-2021, 13:11 817516

PS25U Time Freeze Issues

I used Time Freeze on a mp4 video with a title above the frozen section and there were some popping sounds added to the audio. The sounds seem random but are there before and after the time freeze. If I delete the time freeze the popping sounds disappear. Also, I have multiple time freezes in the video and I cannot find a way to delete a single time freeze. If I use the time freeze delete function it deletes all the time freezes in the video. Does anyone have a suggestion for these issues? Thanks.
  •  10-14-2021, 16:17 817519 in reply to 817516

Re: PS25U Time Freeze Issues

Reminds me how when you added a title a few versions back, that is what happens.

Maybe take a Snapshot with the camera on the timeline toolbar and stretch it out as long as you want. 

What version of PS25 are you using? Version number in ?>About 

•  10-14-2021, 16:54 817520 in reply to 817519

Good memory. I did bring up a time freeze issue a few versions ago, which was different and seems to be fixed. Previously there was a loud reverberating sound during the frozen period. This is different in that there are intermittent popping sounds that are quick pops not necessarily during the frozen period.

I did revert back to the old method of taking a snapshot and creating a freeze section manually to get the project completed. However, assuming my system is working properly, there is an issue with the time freeze function which was suppose to give an easier way to accomplish the task.

I am using the current version of PS25, Version 25.0.1.211. It is in the last line of my signature.

Thanks for responding.

•  10-15-2021, 12:11 817529 in reply to 817520

Oh, "blind" me! 

I agree, you should not have to "work around" a feature to get the results you are looking for. 

If you tried it on the sample movie, The Sky Is The Limit (?>load sample movie), does it also to it? 

•  10-15-2021, 12:27 817530 in reply to 817529

Yes I tried it in The Sky is the Limit before posting and the issue was there also. 

•  10-15-2021, 12:36 817531 in reply to 817530

Thanks.... this has become above my "pay grade".....

SABY??? 

•  10-15-2021, 13:11 817539 in reply to 817531

Yes ???? Who's calling me ?    Big Smile

Let me finish to count all the Euros I earn here thanks to my pay grade and I'll try to help Walt out.

•  10-15-2021, 13:12 817540 in reply to 817539

Counting from 0 to 0 was very fast, I'm ready.

Walt,

I can't reproduce your issue with my PS25.

Would you create a small project based on the The sky is the limit.mpg file which shows the audio bug and share with us the project file ?

•  10-15-2021, 13:44 817542 in reply to 817540

Wow! You earn that much?? I am amazed! Wink
  •  10-15-2021, 14:30 817544 in reply to 817530

AW: Re: PS25U Time Freeze Issues

I tested with PS25.0.1.211
    - source TSITL sample movie - last clip and mp4 test clip
    - export H264 and H265
    in all cases there are no popping sound. during the time freeze the is silence. See attached Audacity view. Tested playing from timeline, playing the export movie.
    It would be good to get more information about clip and export format and time freeze length.
  •  10-15-2021, 17:00 817547 in reply to 817540

saby:

Counting from 0 to 0 was very fast, I'm ready.

Walt,

I can't reproduce your issue with my PS25.

Would you create a small project based on the The sky is the limit.mpg file which shows the audio bug and share with us the project file ?

Popping on The Sky is The Limit video it is intermittent for me. I only have to play through the first time freeze, not the whole 22 seconds. Sometimes there is no popping when I play it and sometimes there is popping 2-3 times in a row when I play it. A couple of times I had to play it 5-6 times before there was any popping sounds.

•  10-15-2021, 17:07 817548 in reply to 817547

If you export it, do you get the pops?

Andy 

•  10-15-2021, 17:07 817549 in reply to 817544

Re: AW: Re: PS25U Time Freeze Issues

hojac:
    I tested with PS25.0.1.211
    - source TSITL sample movie - last clip and mp4 test clip
    - export H264 and H265
    in all cases there are no popping sound. during the time freeze the is silence. See attached Audacity view. Tested playing from timeline, playing the export movie.
    It would be good to get more information about clip and export format and time freeze length.

MediaInfo on the clip is attached. The time freezes are for 5 seconds with titles above the frozen section.

•  10-15-2021, 17:13 817551 in reply to 817548

plattyaj:

If you export it, do you get the pops?

Andy 

Yes I get the pops when exported.

•  10-15-2021, 18:25 817555 in reply to 817549

AW: Re: AW: Re: PS25U Time Freeze Issues

Attachment: Audio pop.JPG

Could you please do the following:

- go into the edit tab of PS25

- set the timeline scale to 1 second, that you can see the position of a single frame 

- please check if the border between the video clip (blue) and the time freeze (red) is identical with the border of the frame (red vertical lines) 

- if not, than I can reproduce the pop

- my recomendation is to shorten the video, that the borders are at the full frame position.

•  10-17-2021, 19:10 817608 in reply to 817555

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PS25U Time Freeze Issues

Attachment: Timeline.jpg
    hojac:
    Could you please do the following:

- go into the edit tab of PS25

- set the timeline scale to 1 second, that you can see the position of a single frame 

- please check if the border between the video clip (blue) and the time freeze (red) is identical with the border of the frame (red vertical lines) 

- if not, than I can reproduce the pop

- my recomendation is to shorten the video, that the borders are at the full frame position.

Not 100% sure what you you are asking but I attached a photo of my timeline showing the last frame before the time freeze (blue) and the first frame of the time freeze (red). Looks normal to me. The actual picture is different in the first frame of the time freeze than the last frame before the time freeze. However, the picture in the last frame of the time freeze is the same as the first picture when the video continues. I would have expected the the picture to advance by one frame when it started up again.

•  10-18-2021, 15:05 817625 in reply to 817608

AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PS25U Time Freeze Issues

Hi, your screenshot looks ok.

That what I found during my tests:

- in case the source video frame rate is different from the export frame rate (or the timeline frame rate), than it is possible, the last source frame does not complete fill the last export frame.

- here I got a pop (a short annoying noise)

In your screenshot it looks not in that way. Is your export frame rate set to the same value than the timeline frame rate? Are the pops visible in the Audacity sound wave view? Are the pops exaxt at the position between the video frames and the time freeze frames?

•  10-18-2021, 15:38 817626 in reply to 817625

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PS25U Time Freeze Issues

My timeline frame rate (29.97fps) is the same as my export frame rate. The pops are not visible in my sound wave. The pops happen in different places or sometimes not at all.Using The Sky is The Limit project i attached in a previous post, I just played it 5 times. First time I got a pop right at the beginning and a louder pop right at the start of the first time freeze. The next 2 times I played it I got no pops. The fourth Time I got a pop at the beginning and the fifth time I played it I got a pop at the beginning and one after the second time freeze.
  •  10-18-2021, 18:12 817629 in reply to 817626

That screenshot doesn't show the timeline zoomed in enough to see frame boundaries. These pops could be caused by the audio cut not lining up exactly with the video cut - by less than a frame. To see the frames, you need to zoom in enough to see both the solid and dotted red line.
  •  10-18-2021, 18:36 817630 in reply to 817629

Attachment: Timeline2.jpg

jjn:
    That screenshot doesn't show the timeline zoomed in enough to see frame boundaries. These pops could be caused by the audio cut not lining up exactly with the video cut - by less than a frame. To see the frames, you need to zoom in enough to see both the solid and dotted red line.

If you are talking to me here is another shot. Hopefully, this helps.Thanks, Jeff.

•  10-19-2021, 3:58 817635 in reply to 817630

slexpress:

If you are talking to me here is another shot. Hopefully, this helps.Thanks, Jeff.

Yes, sorry, I was :-)

That's fine then, and the alignment is not cause of the pops. The whole "Time remapping" feature hasn't historically worked well with audio, so I guess this is another anomoly?

•  10-19-2021, 4:10 817637 in reply to 817635

jjn:

is another anomoly?

A double one.   Big Smile

•  10-19-2021, 8:49 817652 in reply to 817637

AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: PS25U Time Freeze Issues

Another possibility I have observed: in case I have changed something on the timeline, pinnacle needs some time to recreate the internal render files, depending on the size of the clips on the timeline. Before the rendering is finished, there are sometimes pops that disappear again and are not included in the export.
  •  10-19-2021, 11:32 817659 in reply to 817635

jjn:

..........is another anomoly?

Another anomaly (aka anomoly, a double one Cool) is I mentioned in my original post that if you use the time freeze delete option it doesn't just delete the time freeze you have your pointer on, it deletes all time freezes on a continuous clip. So, I tried splitting the clip to see if I could then delete individual time freezes and reduce the popping. When I tried that I got some strange behavior (an anomaly). Using The Sky is The Limit project I attached in an earlier post, go to the second time freeze and move the play head left 2 seconds. Before you split the clip, notice the picture in the frame you are on. Then split the clip. The time freeze moves to the play head and it is now 2 seconds long, not 5 seconds. Notice the picture in the new time freeze. It is not the picture that was there before you split the clip. The picture is from 5 seconds and 1 frame before the original time freeze. Undo that and try splitting the clip 3 seconds before the original time freeze. You get the same result except the new time freeze duration is 3 seconds rather than 2 seconds. To get a normal split of the clip the play head has to be moved 5 seconds plus one frame to the left of the original time freeze. If you change both time freezes to 3 seconds you will get the same result trying to split the clip before the second time freeze except the picture in the moved time freeze will be 3 seconds plus one frame from the original time freeze and you have to move the play head 3 seconds plus one frame before the original time freeze to get a normal split..

•  10-20-2021, 17:15 817714 in reply to 817659

Hi.

My one cent.

Time freezing and popping sounds has been part of my life also in earlier versions of PS.

When you time freeze a videoclip you freeze both the video and the audio channel.

My way of getting rid of the popping sound is to detach the audio track and delete it and only freeze the video track, even if your clip does not contain any audio.

A freezed  audio track contains ghost sounds.

// 

Page 1 of 2 (26 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy