Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

PS25 Renders Some Clips But Not all from Same source

Last post 09-23-2021, 13:11 by kiteflyer. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-21-2021, 20:28 817092

PS25 Renders Some Clips But Not all from Same source

Now that I have my Timeline Preview working, I am trying to make a highlight film for my daughters soccer team. I can take one of my rendered games and pull 5 clips from it. When I preview it in timeline it works fine. When I export it, 1 or 2 of the clips exports with a Gray/Brown circle pic and the other clips from the same source export fine.

It almost seems like it is more related to the timeline than the clip itself. I have tried to copy paste the clips into a new movie and export them from there. One time clip 4 doesn't export and then the next export it is clip 2 or something that doesn't export. The fact it is coming from the same source is driving me nuts. Any help is appreciated. 

•  09-22-2021, 5:22 817096 in reply to 817092

Re: PS25 Renders Some Clips But Not all from Same source

What is the source of these clips? What created them? If they are from the same source, download MEDIAINFO. It's free. Install and run it, then drag a clip to the window, View>Text and copy/paste in your reply.

•  09-22-2021, 5:30 817097 in reply to 817092

Some questions to ask yourself + suggestions

What format are the source clips (does MediaInfo ("tree" or "text" view) show anything unusual about them?

What "export and preview" settings are you using? In particular, what preview quality are you using, and are you using background rendering for preview (optimization threshold > 0)? With previous Studio versions, if preview was set to "Best quality", the preview render files were created at the same frame size as the timeline setting, and Studio would use them during the export instead of re-rendering effects etc. again during the export. But weird things could occasionally happen at the "joins" between parts of the video where preview render files existed and parts where they did not.

Suggestions: If you are using preview quality = "Best quality", try changing it to "Balanced", deleting the render files and try the export again (so you can eliminate any weirdness in the render files). You could also try setting the optimization threshold to zero so that Studio does not create any background preview render files in the first place.

What export setttngs are you using? If exporting to a format such as MP4 using the H.264 or H.265 codec (where hardware acceleration in the GPU is used) - there might be a graphic driver issue...

Is the Nvidia graphic driver up to date (while checking, see if MSI have released an updated driver for the laptop's Intel graphics)?
    Try setting Studio's hardware acceleration to "None" so that the hardware acceleration features of the GPU aren't used - and try the export again (yes, it will be a fair bit slower - but might eliminate thise grey cicrular arrows)
    Try re-enabling the Intel graphics, launch Studio and set itsd hardware acceleration to "Intel" and try the export again. (Yes, you'll get the preview issue back - but if the export is reliable with no grey circular arrows, that would suggest an Nvidia driver issue...

HTH
    Richard

•  09-22-2021, 10:55 817105 in reply to 817097

All great suggestions, but I want to provide more info. I feel like this might have something to do with it. I had imported 12 videos via link that are all around 5gb each. Even after moving the clips around, etc. I kept noticing it was doing to the gray circle about the same time on the timeline. First one is 37seconds in no matter what clip is there. Well i have tried it with a single game and get the same results when using multiple small clips from the same source. If I use a 10min clip from the same source it works perfectly. 

Source of the videos are from my Mavic Pro. MP4 that has been edited to MP4 with the H.264 codec, etc.  

All drivers for both Intel, NVIDIA, and MSI are up to date from the last round of issues.  

I will play with the settings you mentioned for sure to get a good balance.  

I updated the Intel with the intel driver app and now  I have both cards going at the same time and the timeline preview works. 

It is crazy how it hits on 30seconds regardless of the clip. then it is random on when it hits the gray/brown screen again.  

•  09-23-2021, 6:21 817115 in reply to 817105

Have you turned off the iGPU and only use the Nvidia?
  •  09-23-2021, 11:13 817125 in reply to 817115

Yes I have. That was the only way I could see the timeline preview at one point. I have tried multiple source clips and if it is not one continuous clip past 37s it goes gray randomly. PS25 is buggy
  •  09-23-2021, 11:52 817126 in reply to 817125

Buggy? Every piece of software I have is buggy. I edit a lot of 4K 10bit 422 24P from Panasonic cameras with no issues with the video.

If you can upload a raw piece of the footage that will "trip" the issue, that would be nice. That way it can be tested on another computer (all AMD) and see if the issue persists.

If it does, usually the moderators here escalate the problem. 

•  09-23-2021, 13:11 817129 in reply to 817126

Tony P:

Buggy? Every piece of software I have is buggy. I edit a lot of 4K 10bit 422 24P from Panasonic cameras with no issues with the video.

If you can upload a raw piece of the footage that will "trip" the issue, that would be nice. That way it can be tested on another computer (all AMD) and see if the issue persists.

If it does, usually the moderators here escalate the problem. 

Yeah I'll take a look as well if you like to upload a sample clip

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy