Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Change the Color of an Overlay in PS 24

Last post 05-06-2021, 15:18 by saby. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-05-2021, 10:20 814259

Change the Color of an Overlay in PS 24

I am running PS 24 Ultimate and tried to change the color of an overlay within the Title Editor. I've tried several Overlays couldn't change the color of the main object. I was in Title Editor and added an Asset from Library. When Editing the Object 'Face' I selected Face Color, selected a Color and hit Apply. Nothing changed. I tried all of the Fill Spread options and no change. When I tired to change the color of the Object's Edge and Shadow options, those colors changed as expected within the Title Editor. So did I miss something when trying to change the Color within Face or is there a bug in PS 24?

If I try to change the color of the Overlay when it is on the Timeline, I am able to alter the main color but the I don't have the motion capabilities to match the title's motion. 

Any solution? If this is a bug in PS 24 do you report it or do I submit a ticket?

Thanks.

Gayle 

•  05-05-2021, 10:33 814260 in reply to 814259

Re:Change the Color of an Overlay in PS 24

subject moved from French forum
  •  05-05-2021, 14:59 814272 in reply to 814259

Re: Change the Color of an Overlay in PS 24

Can you provide a screen shot of how it looks in the title editor?

Here's HOW to add a screen shot to your post.

•  05-05-2021, 16:40 814275 in reply to 814259

Gayle:
    I am running PS 24 Ultimate and tried to change the color of an overlay within the Title Editor. I've tried several Overlays couldn't change the color of the main object. I was in Title Editor and added an Asset from Library. When Editing the Object 'Face' I selected Face Color, selected a Color and hit Apply. Nothing changed. I tried all of the Fill Spread options and no change. When I tired to change the color of the Object's Edge and Shadow options, those colors changed as expected within the Title Editor. So did I miss something when trying to change the Color within Face or is there a bug in PS 24?

When you add an asset in the Title Editor, what you create is actually a (rectangle) Shape Layer whose "Face" is an Image Texture, filled by whatever is in the the asset (photo, overlay, etc.) that you chose.

The colour controls only work when the Text or Shape Layer is created with the face set as "Fill Color" - and do not operate on an image texture (the colour follows what is in the graphic file) and cannot be adjusted within the Titler - that is normal behaviour. The fact that Edge and Shadow can be altered is because they wrre created having the setting as "Fill Color".

Note that Studio 24 does have a bug, in that once you change an object from "Fill Color" to "Image Texture" you cannot change it back again (changing the setting has no effect); it is necessary to delete and re-create the object.

As a workaround, locate the asset you are using and make a copy (here, the overlays are by default in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Pinnacle\Content\Buttons as many are shared with legacy disc menus). Then edit the copy in an image editor; change the colour, save the modified image, import it into Studio and use it in your title.

HTH
    Richard

•  05-05-2021, 17:42 814283 in reply to 814272

Here is what the Title Editor Looks like. HTH Richard has provided a work around but it would be nice to have it work in the Title Editorl
  •  05-05-2021, 17:55 814285 in reply to 814275

Richard,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, the overlay comes in with Image Texture selected so it sounds like nothing can be done. Is this something that can be corrected by Corel? Do they ever correct this kind of bug or does it happen in the next release:

I do appreciate the work around you suggested. It is a bit of a pain to have to do that with each overlay I might want to use but at least now I have options.  I assume Paint 3D will allow me to make color changes.

I have attached screen captures of the problem.  Do you report the bug to Corel or should I open a ticket or do they already have it on their list to fix?

Thanks again for your assistance. 

Gayle 

•  05-05-2021, 18:04 814286 in reply to 814275

Richard,

Thanks for your quick reply. The Overlay does come in with the Face 'Image Texture' Selected so it sounds like Corel would have to set it up as 'Fill Color' to allow me what I want to do. Appreciate the work-around you suggested. Looks like Paint 3D will allow me to make those changes. 

I've attached a copy of Title screen shots I took for another moderator. Is this a problem Corel  is aware of? Do you report it or should I open a Ticket?

Thanks agin.

Gayle 

•  05-06-2021, 13:56 814321 in reply to 814286

IMO the inability to change the colour of an image texture is not a bug; it it because you are trying to use the titler in a way that the designer did not consider (so the design didn't include such a feature.

But IMO it's worth posting as a feature request (as an idea, it might be practicable to add some sort of "hue" or "tint" control to the titler to change the colour of all non-transparent parts of an object's image texture)

Regards,
    Richard
  •  05-06-2021, 14:59 814322 in reply to 814321

It is confusing because it looks like you can do it by the options that are presented to you in the Title Edit function. Not everyone wants a Pink arrow in their project so having the ability to change it is important (to some of us, at least). How do you post or write up a suggestion for enhancement to the program? I would be glad to submit the request, if only I knew how!!!

Thanks,

Gayle 

•  05-06-2021, 15:18 814323 in reply to 814322

Feel free to create a thread here : http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/277/ShowForum.aspx
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy