Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Video Editing Hardware

Last post 05-03-2021, 15:44 by culpanr. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-02-2021, 23:35 814172

Video Editing Hardware

Just curious if anyone has gotten any video editing hardware to work with Pinnacle Studio?  Something like the Blackmagic Design Speed Editor or the TourBox NEO...
  •  05-03-2021, 10:53 814189 in reply to 814172

Re: Video Editing Hardware

BMD Speed Editor will only work with Resolve Studio, and nothing else. BMD says it themselves and I confirm that since I have Resolve Studio with the Speed Editor (which loads with their Control surfaces IIRC), and it really only works with their Cut page.

As with most that have been editing for a long time, we have more than one editor our computers. Speed Editor doesn't work with any on my computer. 

•  05-03-2021, 15:44 814206 in reply to 814189

Re: Video Editing Hardware

I've tried using a Contour ShuttleXpress controller here, but its usefulness was thwarted by the IMO buggy way that Studio (22.3 onwards?) handles the J-K-L keys for transport control (under some conditions needing a single press, and in others a double press - but not too quick)!

• The ShuttleXpress is unusable (the jog wheel works OK with Studio, but the ring gives very unpredictable results). Also the five function buttons are quite limited in what you can program (so only usable for fairly simple tasks like jump to previous/next edit.
    • The ShuttlePro V2 (with the capability of programming quite complex keystroke macros) looks in theory to be usable (the macros can be used to get around Studio's quirks with the J, K and L keys). But not tried one...

Regards,
    Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy