Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Pinnacle 24 ultimate....

Last post 03-17-2021, 15:10 by OldRock. 20 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2021, 11:37 812189

Pinnacle 24 ultimate....

Ny patch 24.1.0
  •  03-04-2021, 12:49 812192 in reply to 812189

Re: Pinnacle 24 ultimate....

Yes
  •  03-04-2021, 15:46 812204 in reply to 812189

I'm not sure what "Ny" means.  I see that there's an update release ready to install.  Has anyone tried it yet?  Does anyone know what it covers?  I can't find any reference to it on the support pages.  

Thanks. 

•  03-04-2021, 15:58 812206 in reply to 812204

A public list of bug fixes should be released very soon.

A lot of corrections to masks, titler, color grading and Dazzle capture.

•  03-04-2021, 16:13 812207 in reply to 812189

I just installed it, took minutes for it to load, but now it is running.  I just started with this one last month so I don't know if I'll notice anything.  I figured someone may see the same where it takes a while to load.  
  •  03-05-2021, 11:21 812237 in reply to 812204

Dök upp till mej igår. Tror att det är den första patchen i Pinnacle 24 Ultimate.
  •  03-05-2021, 11:28 812238 in reply to 812237

hgo:
    Dök upp till mej igår. Tror att det är den första patchen i Pinnacle 24 Ultimate.
    Yes I got my update yesterday. As said earlier in this thread, there appears to be no information on the Pinnacle Systems support pages about what it contains, but if we are to get a list soon that would be helpful.
  •  03-05-2021, 11:44 812239 in reply to 812238

Bug fix list not conclusive but includes:

Exporting 250 clips freezes export process
    Different behavior from same UI, in Mask, Split Screen / Titler, and Library
    Time Freeze applied to trimmed clip is corrupted when project is saved
    Multi-Channel support, as PCM
    Zoom the keyframe scaling to frame level, paste a keyframe, scaling reverts to full-view
    Overlay photos, apply PiP-Scale, may not see underlying track - Intermittent
    Audio waveform is flat near end of clip
    Misleading keyframing command
    No audio in imported 32-bit wav file
    Color palette, Info window opens on wrong monitor
    File->Open doesn't remember last used location
    Request:  Cleanup tool for PS24
    Mask:  default highlighted tool
    Title:  Order button tooltip update
    Subtler green color needed for colored tab
    Clip Corrections - save as shortcut - lost in new corrections
    Mask:  doesn't cover few pixels at bottom of screen
    Color Grading:  click Spacebar, opens dual mode
    Export:  When switch from preset to custom, resolution should match timeline setting
    Add "Discard" button beside Mask, Invert-Done buttons
    Mask:  Erase, undo, erase again remembers last action and adds to it
    Mask:  multiple undo may cause crash; mask is shorter than clip beneath
    Effect applied to a clip and switched off, will switch on again when clip is moved
    Mask:  frame is not exactly match between the preview and export
    Titler:  should be able to click on a ghost keyframe, and playhead should go there
    Titler:  Pivot point should stay connected to center of object
    PS24 should pickup NewBlue if present with PS23
    Effect editor:  Can't change border color
    Time Remapping keyframe button is greyed out, if using the Timeline scrubber
    Corrections:  Revert to Original - doesn't stick, must repeat every clip open
    Title:  box is out of place, in preview
    Keyframe:  inconsistency in visible indication of selected state
    Cut clip, keyframes duplicated
    Some shortcuts don't work if timeline is undocked.
    Title:  period, comma, and forward slash don't work when typing in preview
    Title:  Create rolling text with Legacy Motion, adjust font, a title from previous project is shown in preview
    Title: click on offscreen rolling text, preview does not switch to show cursor position, until click Legacy
    PS will always open MCC Lite, if it is present
    Title:  Show/Hide in Legacy layers
    Drag assets from the library to other application cause crash
    Mask:  motion tracking tools are missing from Rectangle-Circle, above preview
    FR localization, title text face
    StopMotion captures low resolution (640x360) frames.
    Titler: text field and preview window not synced, when using context menu Paste
    PS crash when nested project, switch to Editor->Audio
    XDCAM 4:2:2 file has CG preview problem
    Time to remove ReadMe from PS installer.
    Add 3D Pivot point "track layer" changes from Title, to other areas in PS
    Title saved from PS23 with hidden layer, can't be unhidden in PS24
    Color Grading:  preview is sideways, with specific project
    Requested:  easy rotate from Source Corrections
    Rotate - Custom goes to legacy corrections, displaying an Avid reference
    Requested:  Add "Create New Title" button, beneath Save and Load options, in Title editor
    Importing TIF file fails to import correctly.
    Multishape Crop does not work correctly (background always black)
    Mask:  cursor artifact after end of text
    Missing media dialog is partially translated
    Swivel, Tilt, Rotation value fields behave inconsistent with other Properties parameters
    Stub's default active button should be Next
    Files with .tiff won't import, but .tif is okay
    Dazzle:  audio buzz and pop during preview
    Dazzle E60A device is named as Roxio, in PS import tab
    In PS24.0.2, Dazzle device is not shown in capture.
    Second source correction shortcut icon, does not have settings icon on library thumbnail
    Performance loss in Color Grading vs PS23
    Color Grading:  in PS 24.1, CG on photos, the CG preview will be blank
    Title:  Pivot "Track Layer" button should be called "Follow Layer"
    Launch of 24.1 may crash to desktop, subsequent launch attempt is ok
    Tooltip for layers area:  "Drag layers to reorder"
    Binarization, to be "Threshold" instead
    Needlessly prompted to save changes, when no correction has been made
    Dazzle:  on AMD PC, preview refreshes (driver reload) frequently
    Second saved correction shortcut collides with another clip / thumbnail
    Dazzle:  PAL auto-detect fails, reported by Beta tester
    Dazzle:  Audio level drops when capture starts
    Dazzle:  audio clicks at start of each captured file.
    MCC Lite crashes at launch
    Source Corrections:  Color Grading settings remain displayed, after switching to audio
    Rotate in Source Corrections is lost when editor is reopened

•  03-05-2021, 13:11 812240 in reply to 812239

Wow! I would be seriously impressed if they fix all of these!

I can't spot the Menu problem with alpha titles of varying lengths, whereby the player you play the BDs on requires you use what seem to be random sequences of left and right arrows in addition to down arrow to select a chapter.  Sorry if it is already there, but if not perhaps it could be added to your list in the event that it doesn't get fixed in the new edition.  When I next have some time, I will check this out in the new update. 

•  03-05-2021, 13:14 812241 in reply to 812240

Gerry,

Based on the continuous decrease of physical disks exports (DVD and Blu-rays) by Studio's customers, do not expect Corel to fix a lot of issues concerning authoring and burning.

•  03-05-2021, 14:03 812242 in reply to 812240

gedall40:

I can't spot the Menu problem with alpha titles of varying lengths, whereby the player you play the BDs on requires you use what seem to be random sequences of left and right arrows in addition to down arrow to select a chapter.  Sorry if it is already there, but if not perhaps it could be added to your list in the event that it doesn't get fixed in the new edition.  When I next have some time, I will check this out in the new update. 

Yes, they fixed all those issues. Some minor, some, not so minor. As for disc medium, I can understand your desire to use them. Especially since it's a part of the software, it should work. 

But I personally have burned a disc in years. I have a bluray burner for 9 years, and have blank blurays, but have never burned one. 

•  03-05-2021, 19:20 812247 in reply to 812242

Tony P:
    gedall40:

Yes, they fixed all those issues. Some minor, some, not so minor. As for disc medium, I can understand your desire to use them. Especially since it's a part of the software, it should work. 

But I personally have burned a disc in years. I have a bluray burner for 9 years, and have blank blurays, but have never burned one. 

That's ridiculous. I made many DVDs for family in the past and recently blu ray discs with full menus for family weddings that I filmed.  Is that really how Corel/Pinnacle feels about disc authoring? 

•  03-06-2021, 2:39 812252 in reply to 812247

It's not ridiculous. It's where the market is going. Less and less people are exporting physical disks. I may add that less and less people even have hardware to read them.

With a limited development budget, where should Corel put it efforts ?

•  03-06-2021, 5:54 812260 in reply to 812247

No one is denying that people still burn and use physical media. It's just less and less. How many new computers (desktop or laptop) come with a DVD player/burner? Not many at all. Why? Demand is not there. If you build your own computers like I do, how many cases come with the 5.25" drive bay available? Almost none. Why? Demand. Everyone streams videos.

As I wrote, I personally haven't burned a DVD in years. Never a bluray although I've had that capability for almost a decade now. Why? Demand. For personal use, a thumb drive for transporting videos. Much easier to carry and larger storage capacity. Don't get me wrong, I watch movies with bluray and still buy them. But for personal editing, what "I" do, DVD's are not necessary.

DVD's are going the way of CD's for music and VHS tapes. 

•  03-06-2021, 12:57 812274 in reply to 812260

Interesting discussion!  I guess it is because of my age (81 in 2 months time) but I cannot seriously find many things that I want to watch using streaming.  So when I see and record something on Freeview, my instinct is to make a disc of it.  Traditionally this was DVD but since HD arrived and blanks came down in price I tend to use Blu-ray discs.  You could ask me "why don't you just archive the programme from your Humax onto a hard drive?"  Well the fact is I used to do this, but then you get all the adverts if it is from a commercial channel and I really like to edit them out, which is where PS editing comes in.  Also, I had on two occasions a glitch which caused the Humax to totally erase my archive hard drive and I lost everything that I was saving.  It was shown to be not the drive which is still working today, so I no longer trust the Humax for archives.  Now you would say that discs don't last forever but being realistic, if they last for 10 years that may be long enough for me!

So what do I record?  Looking through my library of programmes, I find a lot of classical music concerts (mostly Promenade Concerts), some science programmes, and some ballet or opera.  I may be wrong, but I would be surprised if the streaming services offered many of these.  I also used to like watching the series which made Bruce Willis a star - Moonlighting.  Many years ago, the complete series was repeated on a new Freeview channel called ABC (no longer there) and I recorded every episode onto S-VHS.  Last year I decided to transfer all of the 66 episodes to disc and chose SD on Blu-ray because I found by experimentation that I could get six 45 minute episodes (with all the adverts taken out using PS15) without any additional degradation in quality.  Pity that the software fix for Dazzle has only appeared this year as the update to Windows 10 failure caused me to have to buy another device for the capture.  So now I have 11 Blu-ray discs all in boxes with suitable artwork ready for watching.  In case you are wondering why I did not just buy the set of DVDs, the answer is that they are not available to buy, other than some second hands sets that are for ridiculous money!

I also provide discs for my family when I record them on a Sony HD camera and so far they have not said they would prefer just files! But I kind of agree that disc technology may be on the way out - but who knows?  Look what has happened with vinyl discs.  I may not be able to make them, but I still have a record player in good working order!

•  03-06-2021, 13:29 812275 in reply to 812274

It's the generation or two ago that came up with computers and cellphones that are not a part of my generation (baby boomer) where we didn't have anything but ourselves and imagination. But I found electronics and computer technology something I gravitated to. Today's youth have no idea of landline acoustic phones, or being charged for any long distance calls. They all required operators. Now, everything is streaming. Music, video, and movies. No need for physical media. And if you wanted it, hard drives are cheap enough to store room fulls of DVD's.

But it also depends where you live in the world. Here in Poland, DVD's are still a part of life, but the current gen of teens are streamers that use Netflix, etc.

As for vinyl, I remember paying $2 for albums. Moving from NY to Poland, I had to downsize a lot, so had to get rid of my album collection and my beloved VPI turntable. Now, everything is digital downloads.

•  03-06-2021, 15:59 812286 in reply to 812247

That's an impressive changelog...Thanks, Corel!! 

jcgnmm:

That's ridiculous. I made many DVDs for family in the past and recently blu ray discs with full menus for family weddings that I filmed.  Is that really how Corel/Pinnacle feels about disc authoring? 

I both agree and disagree :)

I agree that if a feature is present,  it should be supported.

However - and I realize I am but one anecdote - I removed my DVD player / burner from my desktop PC a number of years ago, and I don't miss it.  None of my laptops have one, with the exception being a loaner / houseguest laptop and a garage laptop - neither are daily drivers.  Less system resources, faster boot up time, etc.  The more you can free your system of resources, the better off you'll be.  I picked up a $25 external burner and almost never use it except to read / rip something.

To share media, I've been using YouTube.  I just can't think of a better or faster way to share media.  I can't scratch YouTube before giving it to someone, or worry about how to transport it/exposing it to sunlight, and they can't lose it after I give it to them.  They can't spill Coke on YouTube and destroy their only copy.  I don't have to burn multiple copies of YouTube and hope the disc works in everyone's player, and I don't have to by a case of YouTube every 3 months. 

•  03-07-2021, 15:36 812329 in reply to 812286

Late 90s I recall talking to a worker at Blockbuster asking when DVDs will be rented.  I was told that wasn't going to happen.  Obvious that wasn't the case and so went that place. 

I agree things are going to streaming which I do on my home NAS, works great.  

It had been a while since I filmed for family, I was asked to film two weddings, and I figured bluray discs would be nice.  After working through the what seems to be typical PS hiccups they turned out nice.

I have yet to have a need for it with this version. It seems unfortunate that the latest is advertised with the ability for disc authoring yet it's not fully functional.   
  •  03-12-2021, 12:49 812558 in reply to 812242

Tony P:

Bug fix list not conclusive but includes:

Exporting  ...

Yes, that is an impressive list of fixes, but I'm afraid I haven't found any relief from the numerous crashes and defective title functionality that have plagued me in the prior version. Here are a few problems that I've run into with just a few hours use in the new release:

- Making a simple change to a title, such as moving it slightly, causes the preview screen to black out.  No way to see if it's now in the right place.  I wait for 5 minutes or so to see if it will come back and eventually give up, save the movie, shut down and restart Studio 24.  Now I can see it in the preview screen, at least until I make another change.  

- I edit the text in one layer of a title, then select another layer but it still shows only the first layer in the text edit box. I can sometimes get it to move to the other layer by saving the title.

-  After a number of title edits the program randomly shuts down without warning.  I'm thankful for the crash restart feature that generally saves everything, but I wish it didn't crash so frequently!

- One title layer has key framing to display it and then fade it out. Somehow it ended up with an additional key-frame entry far beyond the range of the title (e.g. the title ran from 0 to 12 seconds, and the key frame entry was at around 18 seconds).  No way to see that while editing, and I only discovered it after a 2+ hour rendering when, the title layer started to reappear after it was supposed to be gone.

- Title fonts still won't render with sharp edges in HD 1080p.  They are sharp in UHD 4K.   I've been adding a sharpen camera edit to titles to get them to look almost acceptable, but it increases the rendering time 5- to 10-fold.  In testing this just now I discovered that if I first render in 4K and then re-render the 4K video in 1080p the titles remain sharp, and it appears to be faster to do that.  But it would be much better if I didn't have to render every video twice.

All of this was while working on a video that had been created in the prior Studio 24 version.  It’s a zoom-style song video with seven video streams in a split screen format, so I get that it’s pushing the performance limits.  I hope this list is of some use to the dev team.

•  03-12-2021, 14:58 812566 in reply to 812558

Yeah... the title editor needs some work. Desperately. The soft edge text is back in 1080. Easy to show and reproduce.

With text editor open and with text, change the timeline settings between 1080 and 4K and watch. Yeah... this has to be fixed.

Other issues abound with it. Text is an extremely important part of editing video.... and Pinnacle needs help.

•  03-17-2021, 15:10 812727 in reply to 812558

OldRock:

- One title layer has key framing to display it and then fade it out. Somehow it ended up with an additional key-frame entry far beyond the range of the title (e.g. the title ran from 0 to 12 seconds, and the key frame entry was at around 18 seconds).  No way to see that while editing, and I only discovered it after a 2+ hour rendering when, the title layer started to reappear after it was supposed to be gone.

Expanding on this issue, which is very easily reproduced:

1. Create a 25 second title with five layers, each with key frame settings, spread across the 25 seconds.

2. Save the title.

3. Go to a new track and load the saved title.  It loads as a title that is 3 minute 45 seconds long, instead of the 25 second length it was saved as.

4.  Adjust the length of title back to 25 seconds

5. Check the key frame settings.  Those that were near the end of the original saved title are now well beyond the length of the new title. 

Fortunately copying and pasting still works, but this makes saving titles practically useless.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy