Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Multicam losing video clips after render

Last post 02-24-2021, 18:06 by MarkD50. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-21-2021, 10:02 811949

Multicam losing video clips after render

I have a strange issue with Pinnacle 23 when using Multicam editing that I’ve been unable to fix, and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions please?

I import multiple video files from a live gig into Multicam, sync and edit them and the results play OK. When finished I exit to the normal timeline and allow extra time to allow the render indicator to change from brown to green before it disappears – all still fine, and everything still plays back correctly. The problem is that when I export and view the results, very often there are bits of footage completely missing which are replaced by a circular arrow icon. (The audio is continuous and unaffected)

It seems to suggest that Pinnacle is unable to locate the correct footage for that section, but this doesn’t make sense as other portions from the same original source file display correctly in the final render.

I have a fairly decent Win 10 PC with 32 gig of RAM and have tried trashing the preferences (to force a clean default restore) and changing source file locations, but unfortunately with no luck. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong and would be most grateful for any suggestions, please. Thank you!
  •  02-21-2021, 21:27 811970 in reply to 811949

Re: Multicam losing video clips after render

I don't have an answer for you but here are some things to consider. Its basically a process of elimination.

1. Are the errors random or do they always happen in the same place?
    2. If you cut the length of the video in half and then export do the errors occur?
    3. Reduce the number of tracks exported, do the errors occur?
    4. Export only the track that is giving you an issue, do the errors occur?
    5. Does changing the export file type make any difference?

•  02-24-2021, 14:42 812018 in reply to 811949

Re:Multicam losing video clips after render

MarkD50:
    The problem is that when I export and view the results, very often there are bits of footage completely missing which are replaced by a circular arrow icon.

This means that Studio exporter is not able to decode an image before it exports it.

•  02-24-2021, 18:06 812035 in reply to 811970

Re: Multicam losing video clips after render

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Thank you both for your answers – much appreciated!

Saby – can you please advise what I could try to do to fix this? The thing I find most confusing is that on a project using just two video files which both play perfectly in the multicam window, once exported there will be small gaps in both showing the circular arrow icon, even though 95% of it renders out perfectly.

I don’t understand why it likes parts of a file but not all of it.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy