Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Rippling transition with alignment set as start

Last post 02-15-2021, 13:40 by stevefromleeds. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-14-2021, 5:52 811820

Rippling transition with alignment set as start

Hi All

When using my camcorder I have a terrible habit (that I am trying to break) of taking my camera away from the shot very soon after pressing the stop recording button rather than waiting a few seconds before moving the camera away from the shot. This results in my clips always having the last few seconds of the clips showing me going from the subject to the floor. When editing I am trimming out these last few seconds which is no problem. 

However the issue I am having is that when I use my go to transition (cross dissolve) I can see the dropping down movement during the transition. I have found two solutions

1. Trim back deeper into the clip which I would prefer not to do

2. Edit the transition and set the alignment to start rather centre which seems to work well.

I have tried to ripple this start alignment transition to all the other clips in the movie but they just default to centre alignmment meaning my only solution is to edit each transition to adjust it to start alignment.

Is there a way to apply the start alignment to all transitions please?

Thanks

Steve 

•  02-14-2021, 6:57 811825 in reply to 811820

Re:Rippling transition with alignment set as start

What version of Studio are you using ?
  •  02-14-2021, 7:50 811828 in reply to 811825

Re: Re:Rippling transition with alignment set as start

Hi Saby

P23 Ultimate 

•  02-14-2021, 13:01 811838 in reply to 811828

You should try reverting to the legacy method of adding transions before Corel decided to "improve" them. In Control Panel Project Setting Transition Mode select Overlap Clips. If you work in Smart mode or Insert mode ir should stop happening.

•  02-15-2021, 13:40 811860 in reply to 811838

Thanks. I'll give that a go
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy