Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Import from VCR

Last post 11-23-2020, 13:26 by R_Vera. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-23-2020, 11:37 808064

Import from VCR

I will be building a new PC and am wondering if Pinnacle Studio 23/24 will work with the RCA->USB adapters I see on Amazon. If so, any recommendations? 

Currently the VCR is hooked up to a Sony Digital Camera and then from there 1394 (Firewire) connection to the PC which Studio handles just fine. New PC will not have FireWire and it is no longer supported by Windows. The Sony camera no longer can play tapes and its only purpose in life is as a pass thru to to FireWire port.

Thanks! 

•  11-23-2020, 11:48 808068 in reply to 808064

Re: Import from VCR

The only devices I would recommand are those from Dazzle that were or are still sold by Corel.
  •  11-23-2020, 12:48 808070 in reply to 808068

saby:
    The only devices I would recommand are those from Dazzle that were or are still sold by Corel.

FWIW the Dazzle device ("Dazzle DVD Recorder HD") is currently on offer in Corel/Pinnacle's "Black Friday" sale...

The Importer of Studio 23 and 24 will not show the option to capture from non-Pinnacle devices (works only with the Pinnacle devices - either Dazzle or Moviebox series). Third-party devices could be used - but you'd need to use whatever software came with the device to do the capture - you could then import the captured files into Studio and do the editing there. If you do deceide to go for a third-party USB capture device, it's worth doing some research first as there is an awful lot of poor-quality rubbish out there...!

Windows 10 does still work with Firewire-connected cameras, so if your new PC has room for a PCI or PCIe Firewire card, that option is still open to you. The issue you may experience is with drivers - particularly for Firewire cards that support the fasted (Firewire 800). But a generic driver that will work with most cards is still available.

Regards,
    Richard

•  11-23-2020, 13:26 808074 in reply to 808064

If you still have the old computer which still works and has firewire port, you can still use it to capture your videos on it.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy