Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Why can't I use Control/V to paste copied video effects?

Last post 10-17-2020, 3:36 by saby. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-16-2020, 11:41 806755

Why can't I use Control/V to paste copied video effects?

Hi All,

When I created a video effect and saved it as such, I'd normally just drag the effect onto one of many clips, then select 'Effect>Copy All' (like I do in my other versions), I then highlight the remaining 15 clips/scenes and use Ctrl/V to paste the effects into all the other clips.... nothing happens.  It doesn't paste the effects.  I found that after I dropped the effect onto the first clip, when I right click to select 'Effects - Copy All' I see another new option called 'Paste Attributes'... 'Paste All' is greyed out.  Is this the new normal for pasting copied effects into the remaining clips?  I tried going into the Keyboard settings in the Control Panel and assigning Ctrl/V to the feature but 'Paste Attributes' is NOT in the keyboard Shortcuts.  This really wouldn't be too big of a deal but I usually drop 6 minutes worth of scenes/clips onto the timeline at once.

One other note - when I drop 30 or so scenes onto the timeline they're already highlighted.  In my previous versions all I had to do was select (from the pop up menu when I right click) Out Transitions, Add/Replace By and then select the transition - nothing fancy, just Cross Fade but it ONLY adds the transition to the last scene.  I then have to right click again (all the scenes are still highlighted) and select Ripple Transition to get the same transition on all the scenes.  I know it's just an extra click but what the heck?  Change for the sake of change?  How does adding an extra step make it better?

•  10-16-2020, 11:43 806756 in reply to 806755

Re: Why can't I use Control/V to paste copied video effects?

In case anyone is wondering, when I create an effect it usually has two features... I apply the colour correction (to fix crappy indoor analogue video) but a lot of times the edges of the original video (usually VHS tapes) are ragged so I add some cropping to giver the video nice sharp edges.  So the effect really has TWO effects.
  •  10-16-2020, 12:01 806757 in reply to 806756

What version of Pinnacle?
  •  10-16-2020, 12:08 806758 in reply to 806757

24U is the version
  •  10-17-2020, 3:36 806767 in reply to 806758

My guess : after they have added the new feature PAste attributes, they simply forgot to create a keyboard shortcut for it.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy