Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

New blue effects don't install from PS24U DVD

Last post 2 hours, 31 minutes ago by fabro. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-15-2020, 7:22 806710

New blue effects don't install from PS24U DVD

Ok so i was looking for the colour replace effect that Paul Holtz talks about in one of his brilliant tutorials, and was doing it on the laptop & couldn't find any of new blue effects, so i went and checked on the desktop and they were present, so i thought I'd do a repair install on the laptop, still nothing, so i went digging further and discovered the reason they don't install from the DVD is because they aren't on there.

So i thought the only difference is the desktop has PS23U on it as well so they must have come over from there, so I checked the PS23U disk and found an installer for them there but it didn't seem to do anything, so I ended up copying the Newblue folder from C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 24\plugins\RTFXV2 on the desktop to the laptop and everything is now good

•  10-15-2020, 15:05 806731 in reply to 806710

Re:New blue effects don't install from PS24U DVD

NB FX are no longer part of PS24.

At the time of PS24 installation, if PS23 was present on the same PC, they should have been transported from PS23 to PS24.

•  10-15-2020, 16:41 806741 in reply to 806731

Re: Re:New blue effects don't install from PS24U DVD

saby:

NB FX are no longer part of PS24.

At the time of PS24 installation, if PS23 was present on the same PC, they should have been transported from PS23 to PS24.

Cheers for that Yann, the laptop hadn't had 23 installed on it whereas the desktop had, so how would you do a colour replace in 24 without NB FX?
  •  10-17-2020, 3:47 806768 in reply to 806741

The only "workaround" that comes to my mind is to use the new color replace function of masks. But you need to create a mask.
  •  10-17-2020, 5:32 806773 in reply to 806768

saby:
    The only "workaround" that comes to my mind is to use the new color replace function of masks. But you need to create a mask.

Yeah that would do it, create a mask using the magic wand & eye dropper, cheers Yann, maybe Paul should update the tutorial on Overlays and lower thirds

•  10-20-2020, 14:11 806887 in reply to 806773

Good morning all

I also have the 24 ultimate and the NB effects are there but with the watermark therefore unusable while everything works well with studio21 ...

There is a problem No?

If someone has an idea?

•  10-20-2020, 14:22 806889 in reply to 806887

Hi and welcome to this forum.

AFAIK, it only works if transported from PS23 into PS24.

Au fait, sais-tu qu'il y a un forum en français ici : http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/253/ShowForum.aspx ?

•  10-21-2020, 3:21 806894 in reply to 806889

AFAIK, it only works if transported from PS23 into PS24.

Yes, thank you Saby for the link "in french" Smile

Without the NewBlue effects, some that I bought in addition (!) Studio24 no interest, I was fooled ....

Oui, merci Saby pour le lien "en francais" Smile

Sans les effets NewBlue, certains que j'ai acheté en plus (!) studio24 aucun interêt, je me suis fais avoir .....

•  10-21-2020, 5:49 806896 in reply to 806894

As far as I am aware, NewBlue effects that were purchased as extras for a 64 bit version of Studio (18 onwards), and for which you have a personal licence key should be capable of working without watermarks in any installed 64 bit version of Studio. Also, quite a few of those effect poacks are still on sale and can be viewed in Studio 24's "Welcome" screen...

• You might need to reinstall te effects package (try running the installer that you downloaded when you purchased them) - have your licence key handy in case the installer asks you to re-register or re-activate the effects
    • If the installer does not recognise that Studio 24 is installed, you might need to download a new copy from NewBlue; all of the installers appear to be available from the customer support area on their website - there's a publicly-accessible page here - use the "consumer" download links on that page

HTH
    Richard

•  10-21-2020, 11:48 806899 in reply to 806894

fabro:

Without the NewBlue effects, some that I bought in addition (!) Studio24 no interest, I was fooled ....

For those that you purchased, read Richard's answer just above.

For those that were included in a previous version of Studio and not transported into PS24, Corel does not advertise them as being included into PS24 in the detailed description of their products in their website. So you can't blame them, IMO.

You could argue with me that they do not advertise that they are no longer included either, but tha's how marketing works.    Wink

•  10-21-2020, 16:54 806907 in reply to 806899

I bought several NBFX plugins including Colorfast. They are working just fine in PS24.
  •  10-22-2020, 12:31 806932 in reply to 806907

saby: "As far as I know, NewBlue effects purchased as add-ons for a 64-bit version of Studio (18+) and for which you have a personal license key should be able to work without watermark in any 64-bit version. bits. bits installed from Studio."

These are for the main NBFX effects those included in "studio 21 ultimate": Video Essentiels 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc. and in addition Motion Blends and Light Blends which were included in the promotional offer at the time of purchase. For "Video Essentials" the license key is undoubtedly included in the DVD of "studio21 Ultimate" and for Blends, with the validation key, despite numerous reinstallations with selection of studio21 + 24 the watermark remains on studio24.

What amazes me greatly is that it appears that the downloaded version of studio24 included these original effects. And that those who have chosen the DVD version are wronged because they do not have these particularly interesting effects (for me). But maybe this is false information?

saby: "You could argue with me that they also don't advertise that they are no longer included, but that's how marketing works."

When I ordered studio24, it was to have an even better product than studio21. I really didn't think I had a LITE version!

Thank you saby, Richard and Tony for your advice
    I'm going to take a look at NB WinkAngry

•  10-22-2020, 13:13 806934 in reply to 806932

fabro:

What amazes me greatly is that it appears that the downloaded version of studio24 included these original effects. And that those who have chosen the DVD version are wronged because they do not have these particularly interesting effects (for me). But maybe this is false information?

Yes, it is wrong.

fabro:
    When I ordered studio24, it was to have an even better product than studio21. I really didn't think I had a LITE version!

If you deliberately forget in your list : Masks, Color grading, LUTs, Brand new titler with higher capacities, New nested projects, New effects editor with enhance keyframing, Library backup & restore, New video formats, Batch export, 3-4 points editing, Video with alpha channel and tons of improvements and bugs fixing, then, yes, I agree with you, PS24 is a LITE version of PS21.

Big Smile 

•  10-22-2020, 15:16 806943 in reply to 806932

Attachment: PS24 FX2.jpg

fabro:

saby: "As far as I know, NewBlue effects purchased as add-ons for a 64-bit version of Studio (18+) and for which you have a personal license key should be able to work without watermark in any 64-bit version. bits. bits installed from Studio."

These are for the main NBFX effects those included in "studio 21 ultimate": Video Essentiels 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc. and in addition Motion Blends and Light Blends which were included in the promotional offer at the time of purchase. For "Video Essentials" the license key is undoubtedly included in the DVD of "studio21 Ultimate" and for Blends, with the validation key, despite numerous reinstallations with selection of studio21 + 24 the watermark remains on studio24.

saby: "You could argue with me that they also don't advertise that they are no longer included, but that's how marketing works."

Thank you saby, Richard and Tony for your advice
    I'm going to take a look at NB WinkAngry

No, the download version (which I have) does not include NBFX Essentials or the transitions. Look in the folder where you downloaded PS24, you won't find it. .  When installing, PS24 might have tried to migrate from PS21.

No, PS24 isn't a "lite" version if you compare what it can do to what PS21 can do as far as editing. Can you do color grading and correcting including LUT's? That's just for starters on the difference between them...

But, I do have a lot of plugins in PS24 including the NBFX transitions Light Blends and Motion Blends.

•  2 hours, 31 minutes ago 806968 in reply to 806943

Thank you all for your comments

@ Tony "But, I do have a lot of plugins in PS24 including the NBFX transitions Light Blends and Motion Blends."

Probably some plugins that you bought in addition?

I haven't really discovered the pluses of studio24 yet, having spent days trying to get the NBFX effects to work which can't! Corel made a note to this effect:

https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053276953-Pinnacle-Studio-24-NewBlue-FX-effects-support

Installing Pinnacle Studio 24 on a system where Pinnacle Studio 22 is already present, Pinnacle Studio 24 shows NewBlue FX effects with watermarks.

NewBlue FX effects are not bundled with Pinnacle Studio 24. Importing NewBlue FX effects from Pinnacle Studio 22 and earlier versions are not officially supported, and there might be watermarks on NewBlue FX effects.

NOTE: If user has Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate installed in the system then the Pinnacle Studio 24 installer will pick up NewBlue FX from there and display for use in Pinnacle Studio 24.

Really big disappointment for me ...

I am doomed to use both studio, 21 + 24 at the same time!

Corel has really not been sympathetic in this matter.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy