Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio 14 Photo slideshow question

Last post 09-16-2020, 5:39 by culpanr. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-15-2020, 2:34 805444

Studio 14 Photo slideshow question

Hi, I am using Studio 14 to put some photos into a short 10 clip with music overlay.

I have added the photos and transitions, a couple of songs underneath and now want to finalise and "make movie"

I have tried different settings for output and they are of a lesser quality than the original photos, quite blurry.

In the past I know that the quality isn't great in the preview window but it improves after rendering, this is not the case now.

What am I doing wrong?

What should my file output be to get the best quality.

•  09-15-2020, 4:28 805445 in reply to 805444

Re: Studio 14 Photo slideshow question

Carlos23:

Hi, I am using Studio 14 to put some photos into a short 10 clip with music overlay.

I have added the photos and transitions, a couple of songs underneath and now want to finalise and "make movie"

I have tried different settings for output and they are of a lesser quality than the original photos, quite blurry.

In the past I know that the quality isn't great in the preview window but it improves after rendering, this is not the case now.

What am I doing wrong?

What should my file output be to get the best quality.

It depends on the photos you are putting how were they scanned or taken (pixels). To make the final movie it can be either automatic or best quality (if video is under 1 hr long). 

•  09-15-2020, 6:20 805450 in reply to 805445

Thanks for replying R_Vera, this is my first time on the forum and appreciate the help.

The photos were taken on various digital cameras and uploaded to my computer then added into Studio 14.

The photos vary from 3- 5 Mb each and range from 1960 x 4032 pixels and 4032 x 3024 pixels.

They are quite crisp and clear when viewed individually but after rendering the come out blurred. 

Should I even be using Pinnacle for this, I usually use it to piece together clips.

I just wanted to create a slideshow of holiday photos with some music added.

Is there another program you could recommend if not Studio?

Thanks, 

•  09-15-2020, 8:49 805451 in reply to 805450

Are you trying to make an SD or HD video. The pictures seems like they are HD. Is there anyway you can just put one or two pictures in here to test it with PS15, since I don't have PS14 installed with this computer.

You can try PS23 free for 30 days to see if it may help you much better. The learning curve for this program is a lot different than PS14. 

https://www.pinnaclesys.com/en/free-trials/ 

•  09-15-2020, 8:54 805452 in reply to 805451

I'm trying to make HD or at least as good a quality output as possible.

I don't have the pictures on this PC either. 

•  09-15-2020, 10:25 805454 in reply to 805452

When you are making the disk did you changed the type to HD DVD and are you also using an HD DVD to burn your project.

You may also want to try to make it into a file to MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 to see what results you get. this is an optional choice for you to decide. 

•  09-15-2020, 18:47 805460 in reply to 805454

I haven't tried burning a disc at all, I am only trying to make a file to put onto a flash drive.

I have tried .avi  .wmv  .mpeg2  .mp4  .mp4HD720p  .mp4HD1080p  none of these give me a clear picture as a finished product.

I may try the free trial as you recommended or just give up and try a different program.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

•  09-16-2020, 5:39 805467 in reply to 805460

What are the settings of your Studio 14 project? (hover your mouse over the status line where your project name is shown - you should see a little pop-up hint showing the curent settings - see attached screen-grab)

If in Studio's project settings, it is set to automatically detect the format from the first clip added, adding a photo as the first clip may cause Studio to choose a low-resolution ("standard-definition") format such as "PAL Widescreen" or "NTSC Widescreen" (720x576 or 720x480); your nice high-resolution photos will be resampled down to that figure, even if you choose a higher setting such as HD 1920x1080 in "make movie".

If that is what has happened, choose "Setup" -> "Project Preferences" from the menu line, and at the bottom-left of the project preferences dialogue change the setting for "Project format" from its factory-default "set from first clip added to project" to "use this format for new projects", then choose the setting you want from the drop-down list (e.g. choose "HD 1920x1080/30p" (which would be a good setting for making a movie to watch on computers).

After saving the setting, you will need to start a new project (it's not possible to change the settings of an existing project - however if you have already done a lot of work on the slideshow you can copy all the clips from the existing project, start a new project and and paste the clips into it. When doing the copy/paste it's probably a good idea to have Studio in "timeline mode" so you can be certain that everything has been highlighted before copying.

HTH
    Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy