Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

PS24 Pushes Clips on Timeline to Right in Overwrite Mode

Last post 09-08-2020, 13:25 by acsscott. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-07-2020, 18:45 805008

PS24 Pushes Clips on Timeline to Right in Overwrite Mode

Overwrite and Insert mode not always working on PS24 Timeline.  This issue is left over from PS23.  It worked correctly in PS21, I never installed PS22, so I don't know if it broke in PS22 or PS23. 

Video:  http://www.acscontrol.com/ps/PS24PushesClipsToRightWhenInOverwriteMode.mp4
  •  09-08-2020, 2:46 805018 in reply to 805008

Re: PS24 Pushes Clips on Timeline to Right in Overwrite Mode

Interesting. I've just tried to reproduce that quickly using the sample footage and a new title and can't.

Could this be down to the type of clip or the state of the other tracks? Do you have a sample project that does this each time you could share?

•  09-08-2020, 12:16 805050 in reply to 805018

I can't figure out what puts it in this mode.  It is like the index pointer to the mode drop down box gets corrupted from when they added the two extra modes(3-4 Point & Replace) to the bottom.  When acting up and Overwrite is acting like Insert or Smart select, if you select smart Editing mode, it works like Overwrite mode. 

I'm doing something to get it out of sync, but I don't know what or when.  All of a sudden it does it and I've touched 40-50 clips, so I can't point to it.  I place all my clips on my project with Insert mode.  I then switch to overwrite mode when I'm adjusting, replacing, and editing clips.  To insert or replace a clip on the timeline with a longer clip, I Shift-Ctrl Click the clips to the right of where I want to make a change, move everything to the right, insert, replace, or make my changes to the hanging left-hand clip, then Shift-Ctrl everything to the right and pull it back with the  Magnetic Snapping on to prevent clip fragments.  Doing thi allows me to keep all tracks to the right of my edit in sync. 

It does this in PS23 & PS24.  It never did it before.  I purchased, but never installed PS22, so I can't tell you if it does it.  If I restart PS23 or PS24 it starts working properly again.

What version did they add  3-4 Point & Replace modes to the bottom of the drop down list?  That is when it started.

•  09-08-2020, 12:27 805055 in reply to 805050

Only the replace mode was added in 21 but I don't have 22 installed at the moment to see if it had 3/4 point mode - fairly sure it was added then though. Do you use the source arrow or the b shortcut key?
  •  09-08-2020, 12:32 805056 in reply to 805050

acsscott:

What version did they add  3-4 Point & Replace modes to the bottom of the drop down list?  That is when it started.

They added 3-4 points editing in PS22. But what you're talking about is the Replace editing mode. Not directly related to 3-4 editing mode.

•  09-08-2020, 13:25 805067 in reply to 805055

Source mode/arrow drop down.  I just looked up the keyboard short cuts so next time it happens I can try the keyboard to try and get it back to Overwrite.

I still think it's the index to the mode getting corrupted/reset to zero, making it default to index zero, the smart mode.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy