Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

More than four color correction 4K HEVC clips BG Rendering at one time hangs PS24U

Last post 08-14-2020, 23:18 by acsscott. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-14-2020, 12:36 802823

More than four color correction 4K HEVC clips BG Rendering at one time hangs PS24U

If you make color corrections to 4K HEVC clips, and make them fast enough to where there are more than four clips BG Rendering, PS24 hangs when you make another color correction.

When it first hangs, the CPU and GPU usage keeps going at a high level like it is still rendering but not updating the progress bar, then the CPU and GPU usage drops to nothing and PS24 is still hung.  If you click anywhere on PS24, you get the message box to wait or end the program now.

When you restart PS24, choose to continue editing last project, it starts BG rendering the clips to the right of the clip where it was BG rendering when it hung.  So, it must finish rendering the clip it was on when it hangs, that is why the CPU & GPU usage is high, but when it gets to the next clip to BG render while it is hung, it stops.

Current work around is to let color corrected 4K HEVC clips finish BG render before doing another(More than 3).  It seems to work fine if it is less than 4 color corrected BG rendering at the same time.

It may have nothing to do with 4k HEVC clips other than they take a long time for PS24 to BG Render, so you have more of a chance or more than four clips BG rendering at a time.  I can't verify this. 

•  08-14-2020, 22:59 802846 in reply to 802823

Re: More than four color correction 4K HEVC clips BG Rendering at one time hangs PS24U

Is this a specific problem to PS24 or can you replicate it in PS23? The reason for my question is to determine if this is a new problem, or an existing symptom.
  •  08-14-2020, 23:18 802847 in reply to 802846

Re: More than four color correction 4K HEVC clips BG Rendering at one time hangs PS24U

I would have to try that.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy