Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

exporting at same resolution

Last post 07-04-2020, 12:52 by jjn. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-04-2020, 10:01 801387

exporting at same resolution

Hi,

I've got a number of videos of different qualities and formats that I just need to increase the sound volume on.  Is there any way to export them with the same qualities with which they were first imported?

•  07-04-2020, 10:46 801388 in reply to 801387

Re: exporting at same resolution

When you start a new movie with them the timeline will be automatically set to their resolution and frame rate.

You can easily match the resoultion and frame rate by using the Same as Timeline checkbox in the Export.

If some of these old video are using old codecs, do you really want to use the same older, less efficient video codec? Studio can detect mpeg-2 SD and use that, but you will just end up with a larger file than you need.

It may be that you don't want to re-encode the video - Direct Stream copy - so that the video doesn't get any further degradation, but Studio can only do this with mp4.h,264 anyway.

•  07-04-2020, 11:20 801389 in reply to 801388

Hi, jjn.

I've got it set to Detect Format from First Clip but I can't see a Same as Timeline box when I Export. I'm using Studio 19 Ultimate.

•  07-04-2020, 11:30 801390 in reply to 801387

I think Handbrake has a batch mode.  Set your output settings to "Fixed" at the output resolution that you want, so they all come out the same.  Adjust the output quality settings until you get the quality and file size that you are happy with.  Save your profile.  Then use that profile in your batch conversion.
  •  07-04-2020, 12:22 801396 in reply to 801389

Thunderace7:

Hi, jjn.

I've got it set to Detect Format from First Clip but I can't see a Same as Timeline box when I Export. I'm using Studio 19 Ultimate.

Ah... I think that was introduced a little later. PS19 is getting on for 5 years old.
  •  07-04-2020, 12:32 801397 in reply to 801396

Oh dear, time for an upgrade, then.  I've never had much luck with upgrades. I started at PS7 a long time ago and upgraded as they came out.  Don't think I've had one that didn't have problems that weren't in the previous version.

I've seen Handbrake mentioned a lot in the forum but I don't know what it is. Is this also something that was introduced after PS19? 

•  07-04-2020, 12:52 801398 in reply to 801397

Handbrake is a free third party bit of software that can do file conversions for you. I don't know if you can easliy adjust the audio levels and preview them before export though.

It's not much effort to look at the project settings once you have started your movie and then look for a matching preset in the export tab if you want to avoid upgrading. There are a lot of features you are mising out on though.

Having said that, you might want to take a view on Pinnacle's release schedule. For the last three years they have brought out a new version in mid-August. There could well be a delay this year because of the virus, but it's worth bearing in mind.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy