Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Problems with titles

Last post 06-25-2020, 6:16 by saby. 16 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-06-2020, 10:46 797277

Problems with titles

Installed Studio23 on a brand new Windows 10 machine yesterday and spent a productive couple of hours building my first project

I started aand closed with 3D titles, liking the way I can change how the title looks over a clip timeline

Then suddenly, for no reason I can fathom, title editing stopped working.

When I double click on the 3D title, instead of getting the title editor where I can specify opacities during the clip duration, I get an "Open Viewer Failure" error message that says "Failure. Can not open the player, Reason received null ITitler" ☹️

And I cannot create any new titles. Clicking on Create 3D title does nothing, and clicking on regular title says “default titles not installed”

Corel support suggested uninstalling and reinstalling. Which I have done TWICE without success

I thought I’d try here for suggestions as well

Thanks

Phil G 

•  04-06-2020, 12:53 797285 in reply to 797277

Re: Problems with titles

Where you have the downloaded files to install, there is a folder named 64bit. Inside that folder should be Pinnacle3DTitleEditor. Open it and then run the Pinnacle_3D_Title_Editor.exe

Run it with "Modify" and see if that helps. 

•  04-06-2020, 13:41 797290 in reply to 797285

Hmm - as it happens there isn't

All I have in that folder is 7 subfolders:

BonusContent
    Drivers
    MultiCamCaptureLite
    Open Source
    PinnacleMyDVD
    Prerequisites
    StandardContent

Though you had me excited for a moment!

•  04-06-2020, 13:47 797292 in reply to 797290

Even the main subfolder, called Studio is missing !

Download once again the stub installer and run it to get a new download of the full installation package : http://www.pinnaclesys.com/en/products/studio/digital-download/

•  04-06-2020, 13:55 797294 in reply to 797292

Do I have to uninstall again?

I ran the stub installer from your link but it did not download anything new - i still have the same folders 

So I deleted all the downloaded install folders and ran the stub installer AGAIN. This time it is downloading stuff - let's see if the 3D editor shows up

I really can't believe this is so difficult :( 

•  04-06-2020, 14:04 797295 in reply to 797294

philguk:

Do I have to uninstall again?

I ran the stub installer from your link but it did not download anything new - i still have the same folders 

So I deleted all the downloaded install folders and ran the stub installer AGAIN. This time it is downloading stuff - let's see if the 3D editor shows up

I really can't believe this is so difficult :( 

Oh boy

THIS time i only got 5 subfolders

BonusContent
    Drivers
    MultiCamCaptureLite
    Open Source
    Prerequisites

I'm beginning to wish I'd saved my money :( 

•  04-06-2020, 16:23 797301 in reply to 797295

For a moment I thought I'd cracked it. Double-clicking on a 3D title did indeed bring up the title editor - whahayyy

BUT even when I close the editor, the main Studio program still has the "3D editor is running - close to return to edit" (or words to that effect) and I couldn't do anything within Studio

SO

Uninstalled (again) and now in the middle of reinstalling 

•  04-06-2020, 16:46 797302 in reply to 797301

It isn't difficult at all. I've never had a problem.

I suggest you download the files to a different location on another hard drive.

But before that, have you tried resetting the software?

In PS, Setup>Control Panel>Reset

•  04-06-2020, 17:04 797303 in reply to 797302

Success (of a kind) 

I can now create and edit 3D titles, and add them to my project

In the title editor, I can see my title overlaid on the clip I've attached  

BUT, when I close the 3D editor and go back to Studio, when I play, the window ONLY shows me the source clip - it doesn't have the title overlaid. This is probably lack of Studio knowledge on my part. What should I do to see the results of editing in that preview window?

Thanks 

•  04-07-2020, 11:32 797318 in reply to 797303

First, let us know how you can now get the 3D Title Editor to show up.

Next, take a screenshot and add it to your next post of your timeline including  the Timeline Preview Window. Here is HOW to add a screenshot to your post.

Are you looking at the Source tab or the Timeline tab? Is the playhead positioned at the middle of where the title is on the timeline?

•  04-07-2020, 14:41 797325 in reply to 797318

Attachment: Studio Clip0001.jpg

For point 1 - I wish I knew. As an IT person if there is one thing I hate more than problems that mysteriously appear, it's ones the disappear with no reason

I repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled, with/without anti-virus active and with more and more reboots in the process. Until it worked

And it is still working 

As for the preview. I'm pretty sure I am looking at the SOURCE tab - the TIMELINE tab is grey instead of orange. BUT now matter how hard(!) I click on the Timeline tab, I cannot make it active. Is there some other trick. See attached screenshot. Not sure what you mean about "playhead"

And I really appreciate the assistance. I used Studio years ago, but I am still a little rusty

•  04-07-2020, 14:45 797326 in reply to 797325

Update

While I was trying to get a decent screenshot, I noticed that I WAS on the TIMELINE tab (no idea how it became active) - but it still did not show my title. I clicked on SOURCE to get back to the source tab, now I can't activate the Timeline tab again :(

Pretty sure this is all user stupidity 

•  04-07-2020, 15:57 797330 in reply to 797326

From your screenshot, there is possibly a very simple reason why your title overlay isn't showing... it needs to be on a track above the video. This is the opposite of legacy Studio (15 and earlier); the tracks on the timeline do form a logical stack; content on higher tracks is overlaid on top of what is on lower tracks.

Don't know why you can't switch between source and timeline views; clicking on something in the Library window should select the "Source" view and clicking on a clip in the timeline, dragging the playhead etc. should se4lect the "Timeline" view even if the tabs above the preview monitor can't be clicked.

HTH
    Richard

•  04-07-2020, 16:16 797331 in reply to 797330

Aha!

Thank you SO much. I deleted the title and recreated it - and it worked. Now I realise it’s precisely because I didn’t appreciate the significance of the “stack”  :)

And thanks also for explaining how I accidentally found myself switching between Source and Timeline

Now I have everything I need to start some basic editing  

•  04-07-2020, 16:33 797332 in reply to 797331

Titles and anything "overlayed" on the video goes on the track(s) above the video.
  •  06-25-2020, 5:23 801154 in reply to 797277

Phil,

Having same problem, can no longer open Studio 23. have reinstalled multiple times no success. Anyone with any suggestions gratefully acccepted.

•  06-25-2020, 6:16 801155 in reply to 801154

Open a new thread please.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy