Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Transition by folding back a clip's left corner

Last post 06-18-2020, 12:18 by Grant Collins. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-18-2020, 1:46 800887

Transition by folding back a clip's left corner

Been using Studio 23 Plus only since early May. When I grab the upper left hand corner to add a dissolve, i.e. folding back the clip's left corner, the triangle appears with the arrow below it, but when I drag it down, it does not fold back. It creates a cross dissolve horizontally, not a fold back.

•  06-18-2020, 2:19 800891 in reply to 800887

Re: Transition by folding back a clip's left corner

Are you comparing this with what happened in version 21 or earlier? The method of creating transtions has changed significanly since then, but you can revert to the old method by using the Control Panel/Project settings options to change the Transitions Mode to Overlap Clips from Maintain Timeline sync.

•  06-18-2020, 4:40 800894 in reply to 800891

Thanks for your reply. No, I am not comparing to any earlier version. I purchased Studio 23 Plus last month and have been studying and learning from various sources Studio 23 Plus. Studio 23 I decided was the top of  the line, and that is what I want to learn and be very good at what I do. About 15 years ago, I purchased Studio Version 10 and became fairly good at using it. But I have forgotten so much, I am starting over learning from the very beginning. Can you please suggest a tutorial about transitions that teaches the newest and current methods?  Thanks again for your comments. 

•  06-18-2020, 5:05 800895 in reply to 800894

Grant Collins:

Thanks for your reply. No, I am not comparing to any earlier version. I purchased Studio 23 Plus last month and have been studying and learning from various sources Studio 23 Plus. Studio 23 I decided was the top of  the line, and that is what I want to learn and be very good at what I do. About 15 years ago, I purchased Studio Version 10 and became fairly good at using it. But I have forgotten so much, I am starting over learning from the very beginning. Can you please suggest a tutorial about transitions that teaches the newest and current methods?  Thanks again for your comments. 

Studio 23 Ultimate is the top of the line. but in terms of transitions it is the same as Plus.

Since PS15, the program has been completly re-written, so you will find many differences from version 10.

Do you still have your free access to Studio Backlot? That's a good place to start, and then you can decide if you want to subscribe. https://learn.corel.com/tutorials/pinnacle-how-to-use-transitions/

will give you the basics but doesn't explain the new Maintain Sync mode.

I can link you to a video about that if you want to take a more advanced look at the subject.

•  06-18-2020, 7:02 800898 in reply to 800895

I am using Studio Backlot and will also subscribe to the link you provided. 

Thank you. 

•  06-18-2020, 7:14 800903 in reply to 800898

Here is a LINK that will explain the differences between S15 and PS16. Yes, it is slightly out of date, but some of the basics are still the same.
  •  06-18-2020, 12:18 800911 in reply to 800903

Thanks for the link. 
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy