Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Using action camera (gopro) gps/telemetry information recorded

Last post 08-07-2020, 20:14 by Candive. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-11-2020, 9:32 800611

Using action camera (gopro) gps/telemetry information recorded

Hi,

Can Pinnacle add an add on package to be able to use the gps/telemetry data (recorded to gather with film) from the action camera to be used overlays in films. Gauges like speed, Altitude, track with or without map(google maps), preferable with pre created gauges dashware like options?

For me this would be great add on and safe me a lot of time.

adding the garmin information from ant+ devices could be a next step. 

Rgds,

•  06-11-2020, 10:11 800615 in reply to 800611

Re:Using action camera (gopro) gps/telemetry information recorded

Hi and welcome to this forum,

Are these datas standardized ? I mean, like EXIF for a still picture ?

Or is the format they use proprietary to their brand ?

•  06-11-2020, 12:16 800621 in reply to 800615

Betreft: Re:Using action camera (gopro) gps/telemetry information recorded

Hi, maybe not completly standard but  when I split the video from the GPS date you get it in gpx file or xls. I use for example goprotelemetryextractor.com

this gpx file is standerd and can be used in all programs. 

I believe huge benefit for Pinnacle users to add the overlay guages (like dashware) within pinnacle. will safe us users a lot of time and value add for pinnacle. 

•  06-11-2020, 12:18 800622 in reply to 800621

Re:Betreft: Re:Using action camera (gopro) gps/telemetry information recorded

Skullyman:

I believe huge benefit for Pinnacle users to add the overlay guages (like dashware) within pinnacle. will safe us users a lot of time and value add for pinnacle.

Given that it's the very first time that I read such request, I'm not sure the words "huge benefit for Pinnacle users" are really appropriate.   Wink

•  06-11-2020, 12:27 800623 in reply to 800622

Betreft: Re:Betreft: Re:Using action camera (gopro) gps/telemetry information recorded

haha nice.

If you google on this topic. you will find may people playing and finding workaround different steps via different programs to come to end result.

To this with an add on in pinnacle would be nice. and I would not mind to pay some money for this feature or overlay function.

As it looks many programs are stopping support on this overlays. this might be a gap in the market.

The way Pinnacle is setup up, it looks to be relative easy to start with this.

but ok it was just and idea as I already use pinnacle for video editing.

•  08-07-2020, 20:14 802395 in reply to 800623

Re: Betreft: Re:Betreft: Re:Using action camera (gopro) gps/telemetry information recorded

Skullyman,

I think this is the answer you were looking for.

http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/permalink/802237/802249/ShowThread.aspx#802249

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy