Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Time remainimng to Export/render

Last post 06-10-2020, 17:38 by cbtron. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-10-2020, 2:19 800531

Time remainimng to Export/render

It will be very helpful to have a count down of the time during Export so you an know how long it will take.
  •  06-10-2020, 2:29 800534 in reply to 800531

Re:Time remainimng to Export/render

Helpful, but very difficult, if not impossible, to estimate.

Let say that you have only one clip into the timeline and that you applied a color grading or a time remapping to the whole 2nd half of this clip. Color grading and time remapping are high time consumming operations. Studio would have to scan the whole timeline and detect before delivering its estimate that these effects are applied.
    Depending on the settings applied to these effects, the power required to render them is not the same.

In addition, to estimate the export time, Studio must know how fast is your PC to render the timeline in a specific format/codec/resolution. It depends on many external parameters : hardware setup,% of use of the CPU by other applications at the time of export ...

•  06-10-2020, 12:45 800569 in reply to 800534

Re: Re:Time remainimng to Export/render

The Timer on Vegas Movie Studio seems to work well. It seems dynamic and not exact. Looks like they are estimating based on the rate of change at current time and compare to how many more frames to go.
  •  06-10-2020, 13:21 800572 in reply to 800569

cbtron:
    It seems dynamic and not exact. Looks like they are estimating based on the rate of change at current time and compare to how many more frames to go.

If by "dynamic and not exact" you mean that it may suddenly increase or decrease, I don't see why there is a timer.

•  06-10-2020, 17:38 800588 in reply to 800572

The Export page already provides a countdown of the frames. If I took at snapshot at various points,  I could estimate completion time. So should not be difficult to program in software. The benefit of knowing what the current estimate is, outweighs the %variance in my view.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy