Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

PS23 is slow as hell

Last post 05-22-2020, 10:12 by Tony P. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-22-2020, 4:08 799787

PS23 is slow as hell

Hi,

I used to PSs for a long time. I bought the lastest version of it -the 23- and it is a SUPER SLOW. Unusable :(

I have 

- AMD Rysen 3700X

- Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD for files

I just loaded my last work, and trying to continue my video. 

CPU about 10% (PS is only 5% ), no HDD/SD load!

And I watch this screen ...... 1 DAY!!!
    https://snipboard.io/OHMn8F.jpg

What is this? I tried everything. Delete temporary files, reboot, delete old files ect...

I hope you have some idea or I lost my mind :)

•  05-22-2020, 4:35 799788 in reply to 799787

Re:PS23 is slow as hell

Hi and welcome to this forum.

What is your hardware acceleration set up in PS 23 ?

Obviously, it's background rendering on clips with Time Remapping that is so slow.

•  05-22-2020, 4:52 799790 in reply to 799788

Re: Re:PS23 is slow as hell

Hi,

My acceleration AMD as default, but I tried it on "none" too. I have reintalled the program already. Not helped.

I know the time remapping is slow, but it wasnt that slow  in PS22.

Otherwise get more power from CPU for that. Why my CPU usage only 5%? This is my problem. I bought a new computer for 2.000$ for making videos. :(

•  05-22-2020, 5:40 799792 in reply to 799790

Super slow in what way? I think my computer is a little powerful than yours, and I've been using Pinnacle from 2002, I think way before you.

S9-S15Ultimate, DV500Plus, Pinnacle Edition-Avid Liquid Pro, Avid Studio-PS23 Ultimate. And right now, with AMD graphics support, I export WAY faster than just using the CPU as I had before with my Ryzen 1700X 3  years ago, which ran a constant 3.85Ghz on all cores all the time and was water cooled. I would guess it's about as fast as your 3700X,  so I know when I say my current build is faster, I know what I am talking about. Yes, a lot of times during export, I'd see close to 100% CPU usage, but it still isn't as fast as what I have now because of the GPU. 

So, what are you basing your comments on? You say slower than previous Pinnacle, which did not support AMD graphics. Oh and you failed to mention WHICH graphics card you are using.

I have no idea of what your previous computer builds were (you failed to mention anything other than CPU and SSD), but in the past, I could get 100% usage of my Ryzen 1700X in exporting mp4 files.  Now, during export and timeline usage, CPU is down to about 10-20% depending on what is being done on the timeline. Some effects make use of the GPU, some leverage a little CPU and GPU. But either way, PS23 is faster than PS22 in both timeline editing and exporting. I've done the comparison and posted here in the User forum.

So, provide some real hard evidence where PS23 is that slow and we can go from there. Your perception and expectations do not fall in line together with my information.

Since you bought the computer to edit, how about getting back to editing. Or at least do some comparisons not just based on Time Remapping.

•  05-22-2020, 8:31 799798 in reply to 799792

Why?
  •  05-22-2020, 8:50 799799 in reply to 799798

Why not.

You are the one making accusations about the software being slow. 

So back it up with actual evidence and data that can be reproduced, to back up your claim.

You claim you have used PS for a long time, yet only 3 posts..... 

You give no references to verify if what you are saying is true. 

Sorry, the burden of proof is on you to provide evidence of your claim. 

Oh, and it's you who came for help.

•  05-22-2020, 9:54 799804 in reply to 799799

Yes, come for help.  

But you didnt want to help. Sorry to say that, but please, read your post once again. I red you another posts too. Let me give you a pro tip = much post <> help/experience

You know what? Hou have a super powerfull computer! You are better than anyone! Just live your life in this dream!

I dont need YOUR help, thanks.

•  05-22-2020, 10:03 799805 in reply to 799788

saby:

Hi and welcome to this forum.

What is your hardware acceleration set up in PS 23 ?

Obviously, it's background rendering on clips with Time Remapping that is so slow.

Hi Saby, 

https://snipboard.io/qS1loi.jpg 

This is a 2 min video with 3 short 5*speed video part.

This is the progress until myfirst post. I dont think this is normal. Something wrong, but I have no experience like this befor in PS. Reinstall, and reinstall again with full clean (delete old files).

CPU and GPU still in 3-5% load. My VGA is a AMD Vega64 Nitro+. I thinking about the VGA driver, but I have tha lastest one. 20.4.2

Maybe the MvMe2 SSD isnt good for this program? Is that possible? I have no more idea. :( 

•  05-22-2020, 10:12 799807 in reply to 799804

Komoróczy Ivan:

Yes, come for help.  

But you didnt want to help. Sorry to say that, but please, read your post once again. I red you another posts too. Let me give you a pro tip = much post <> help/experience

You know what? Hou have a super powerfull computer! You are better than anyone! Just live your life in this dream!

I dont need YOUR help, thanks.

Re-read the first sentence in my first reply. "Super slow in what way?". Then you proceed to tell us all how much you spent on your computer.

Then, you edit your second post to omit some settings you said you tried. 

Instead, you never gave any clear references. Then gave your "pedigree" on being a "long time user".

You did not provide what GPU you were using. Another question I asked. 

I gave my computer specs as a reference to compare against yours and my experience being a "long time user" and how I have compared export settings. It's a reality, not a dream.

I stand by what I wrote. Sorry if you got offended. 

I won't contribute in this thread any more, even though I might have a solution......

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy