Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Pinnacle Studio 22 Plus Fiasco

Last post 05-11-2020, 15:52 by saby. 27 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-10-2020, 14:50 799178

Pinnacle Studio 22 Plus Fiasco

Has anyone EVER been able to create a dvd movie in Pinnacle 22 Plus and been able to burn it to a dvd so that it is a finished movie that can be played in any DVD player. I have created several dvd movies in years past with earlierier versions of Pinnacle. You used to be able to burn a movie after you created your finished project. Apparently you cannot do that anymore with Pinnacle 22. My experience with Pinnacle tech support has been the most frustrating experience of my life. Apparently Pinnacle has outsourced it's customer support and tech support to India. I cannot get a response from these foreigners that makes any sense at all. You cannot talk to tech support because of Covid-19. That makes no sense as you are talking over the phone.

I have created the most fantastic project in Pinnacle and now can't get a straight answer of how to create a dvd movie that can be played in any dvd player. Is there anyone out that that can help me? 

•  05-10-2020, 15:04 799180 in reply to 799178

Re: Pinnacle Studio 22 Plus Fiasco

Answer to your question : yes, me like probably most users here.

You say nothing at all on your issue, except that you are not able to burn your project to a DVD. So, what's left to solve your problem is some guesses.

1st guess : you don't haver he Authoring tab, nor the Disk tab in Exporter. Have you enabled legacy authoring tool ?

As for support being offshore, it has been like that since ages.

•  05-10-2020, 15:21 799181 in reply to 799180

I do have the authoring tab and disc tab in export. I started this project as a movie and then realized I need to convert the project to a disc project. I have all photo slide show with menus and chapters that all work properly in the previewer. When I hit export and have the disc tab open, I click burn disc with the setting of format being dvd. What I get is a series of files that are not a movie that can be played in any dvd.

I hope this info gives you enough information to help me out. I nwill double check to make sure the legacy authoring tool is enabled.

Thank you for your response. 

•  05-10-2020, 15:23 799182 in reply to 799181

RAZ32:

When I hit export and have the disc tab open, I click burn disc with the setting of format being dvd. What I get is a series of files that are not a movie that can be played in any dvd.

Please elaborate. What are these files and where are they stored ?

•  05-10-2020, 16:12 799184 in reply to 799181

It's not clear what step is failing but this is what I just tried to make sure the basic steps worked; this is without Legacy Disk Editing:

From an existing movie (that just had a bunch of still photos and transitions), I used "Create Disk Project from Movie"

From the Export tab I used only defaults, which builds a project for My DVD, I clicked Start Export

After it has built the MyDVD project, the files it created were an mpg and an XML file. After a minute, MyDVD opened.

I didn't bother with chapters, and just hit the save button to save this to an ISO image.

After the ISO image was created I dragged it to the VLC media player and it played perfectly.

•  05-10-2020, 17:11 799190 in reply to 799182

Dear Moderator,

First let me just say that sincerely appreciate your willingness  to help.

My disc project is stored as an AXP file.

Now, the files that are created when I tried the burn disc option are in a folder named video_TS. That folder has a series of files that are VTS files and then I have 4 files that look like screen shots from my project called VTS_01_0VOB. They are sequential as 01, 02,03 and 04.. All of this is stored in the 

All of this data is stored iunder the Pinnacle/My Projects location. 

I hope this helps. 

•  05-10-2020, 18:01 799192 in reply to 799184

Ok, First let me say that I truly appreciate you're willingness to try to help me. You guys on this forum have given my more hope that a week's worth of dealing with Pinnacle support.

Now,I followed your directions and have created an mpg file. It just completed and now asks me if I want to open it, with 2 options. Do I try to open it or should I just close the box? Also, you mentioned that in about a minute MyDvd opened. Was that just automatically or did you have to click on something? 

Now that Pinnacle has exported my project as an mpg file, what do I do to burn it ti a dvd that can be played in any dvd player?

Thanks again for your help. 

•  05-10-2020, 18:13 799193 in reply to 799192

Oh, One last thing, what is at VLC media player?
  •  05-10-2020, 18:37 799194 in reply to 799193

Almost for sure I clicked open with MyDVD without thinking.

VLC is a few media player that can play almost everything, including DVD built as ISO files. You can also burn to a DVD disk from MyDVD. 

•  05-10-2020, 19:10 799195 in reply to 799194

My problem is I do not know how to get my mpg file into MyDvd? If I click on open existing project , My file does not appear, and if I click on start new project, I am lost. The documentation on these products leaves alot to be desired.
  •  05-11-2020, 1:23 799203 in reply to 799190

RAZ32:

Dear Moderator,

First let me just say that sincerely appreciate your willingness  to help.

My disc project is stored as an AXP file.

Now, the files that are created when I tried the burn disc option are in a folder named video_TS. That folder has a series of files that are VTS files and then I have 4 files that look like screen shots from my project called VTS_01_0VOB. They are sequential as 01, 02,03 and 04.. All of this is stored in the 

All of this data is stored iunder the Pinnacle/My Projects location. 

I hope this helps. 

It seems to be a perfectly valid DVD structure. The same structure that should be present in the physical DVD.

Now, in Studio Exporter, click the Burn image button. Locate and select the DVD folder and burn it.

•  05-11-2020, 1:33 799204 in reply to 799192

RAZ32:

Now,I followed your directions and have created an mpg file. It just completed and now asks me if I want to open it, with 2 options. Do I try to open it or should I just close the box? Also, you mentioned that in about a minute MyDvd opened. Was that just automatically or did you have to click on something? 

Now that Pinnacle has exported my project as an mpg file, what do I do to burn it ti a dvd that can be played in any dvd player?

To create a DVD with MyDVD :

Display MyDVD button and click it

•  05-11-2020, 1:35 799205 in reply to 799204

In the Export tab, select New MyDVD project and click Start Export :

•  05-11-2020, 1:36 799206 in reply to 799205

Studio will export a Mpeg2 file. When export is finished, MyDVD is automatically launched and the mpg2 file imported.

In MyDVD, create authoring and burn the disk :

•  05-11-2020, 1:39 799207 in reply to 799206

Do you remember what final button you clicked exactly to create the Video_ts folder ?
  •  05-11-2020, 12:15 799231 in reply to 799204

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for these directions.

However, You say " display MyDvd button"  I do not know where or how to display this button. I have my project open in the timeline, however I cannot for the life of me find a display MyDvd button? 

How do I find that button? 

•  05-11-2020, 12:21 799232 in reply to 799231

I think it's more than time that you take a look at the user manual, don't you think ?

I already showed how to export to MyDVD in this post : http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/permalink/799233/799204/ShowThread.aspx#799204

New screenshot :

•  05-11-2020, 12:21 799233 in reply to 799232

But before you give a try to myDVD, why don't you test burning the image like I suggested a few posts above ?
  •  05-11-2020, 13:34 799238 in reply to 799232

Mr Moderator,

Please don't make sarcastic comments as you did about reading the user manual. I have printed the complete user manual and have read it thoroughly more than 5 times. I have read the Burning a disc in MyDvd chapter several times trying what it said to do many times only to find out that what they say should be there is not. Frankly, the user manual leaves a lot to be desired in explaining the steps to accomplish what they say to do.

Now, You may be an expert in using Pinnacle and MyDvd, but I am not and need the steps to follow to achieve the desired result.

When I have my project opened in the timeline, and the Author Tab up top is highlighted, I do not have the Display MyDvd button. However, whn I ckick on the Edit Tab up top with my project open, the Display MyDvd button appears, however, my project in the timeline disappears and a version of the project appears of when I started the project as a movie, before I converted it to a Disc Project as directed to be able to add menus and chapters. And the Export to MyDvd button appears, however nothing happens when I click on it.

I have a question... would I be better off to trash what I have created and ultimately converted to a Disc Project and wipe the slate clean and start again as a Disc Project from the very beginning? I have all the layout of photos and music used written down. 

•  05-11-2020, 14:15 799247 in reply to 799238

As a long time ps user, I would turn on legacy authoring, create your project, and use export.
  •  05-11-2020, 14:23 799248 in reply to 799233

Mr. Moderator,

I felt compelled to send you this information about myself so that you have a better feeling for who is on the other side.

I worked in Hi Tech as a Sales Exec. for 35 years before Cancer threw me to the sidelines. I understand computers and application software better than most. I have been an experienced Pinnacle user as I was using it's predecessor before it came along. I have worked with numerous versions with the last being version 15. I have made numerous sports year end hi light videos of our Wrestling program that included video clips,photos and included music and menus and chapters . However, the last video I made in Pinnacle was probably 12 years ago with ver.15.  I have invested a lot of money in acquiring a new dedicated desktop only for Pinnacle projects. It has an i5 processor, 32gb of ram and a 2 Tb hard drive. I had very hi hopes of Pinnacle 22 Plus being able to produce superb new videos. Version 22 is light years different from ver. 15.  I have had a lenghy  and sometimes very frustrating experience trying to understand the ver 22 product before I started my project. I am trying to create a video for our wrestling coach for his retirement  and as a photographer have over 20 years of photos of our wrestling program. I and reviewed close to 100,000 photos to find 300 to used for my video. A daunting task. I have been working on this project since December of 2019, so you can understand my level of frustration to get to this point and get get slammed to the mat with absolutely less than zero help from Customer or Technical support. I thought I was home free after creating a wonderful project of photos representing the past 25 years with music and chapters and menus.

Please realize, you are my only hope right now figuring out how to complete this project. Version 15 was so easy to create a final project with rendering, writing to disc and finalizing the movie the movie.

Perhaps now you have a better understanding of my background and frustration level.  Please don't give up on me or thing the lesser of me for not understanding every instruction.

Thank you for reading all of this. 

•  05-11-2020, 14:42 799251 in reply to 799238

RAZ32:

Mr Moderator,

Please don't make sarcastic comments as you did about reading the user manual. I have printed the complete user manual and have read it thoroughly more than 5 times. I have read the Burning a disc in MyDvd chapter several times trying what it said to do many times only to find out that what they say should be there is not. Frankly, the user manual leaves a lot to be desired in explaining the steps to accomplish what they say to do.

Nothing sarcastic in my message. It would be sarcastic or patronizing if it was my sole answer. Instead of that I provided a screenshot of the button you must click and a full explanation about the relation between PS23 and MyDVD.

You read the user manual 5 times ? Let me quote page 241 : "To access export options for MyDVD projects, you must choose Export to MyDVD from the Edit tab timeline". Page 242 : "Click the Export to MyDVD button above the track headers.".

With these information and my screenshot, I guess it's easy to find the button.

A user manual is not there to teach how to do everything with the software, like the user manual of your car is not there to teach you how to drive. Corel is providing several tutorial here : https://learn.corel.com/video-tutorials/pinnacle-studio-tutorials/ and there : https://www.youtube.com/user/PinnacleStudioLife/videos
    Other website even offer complete paid learning.

RAZ32:

When I have my project opened in the timeline, and the Author Tab up top is highlighted, I do not have the Display MyDvd button. However, whn I ckick on the Edit Tab up top with my project open, the Display MyDvd button appears, however, my project in the timeline disappears and a version of the project appears of when I started the project as a movie, before I converted it to a Disc Project as directed to be able to add menus and chapters. And the Export to MyDvd button appears, however nothing happens when I click on it.

I have a question... would I be better off to trash what I have created and ultimately converted to a Disc Project and wipe the slate clean and start again as a Disc Project from the very beginning? I have all the layout of photos and music used written down. 

If you want to use the legacy authoring tool (disabled by default) , the authoring and burning process are achieved by Pinnacle Studio. If you don't want to use the legacy authoring tool, then MyDVD is the tool that you need. Create a movie in Edit tab, click the Export to MyDVD button, and make the authoring and burning process with MyDVD. A project in the legacy authoring tab can't be exported to MyDVD.

I'm not the one who suggested you to export using MyDVD. I'm the one who suggested you to burn the image that Studio has already created. Easy, fast and no need to redo the authoring.

•  05-11-2020, 14:49 799254 in reply to 799251

•  05-11-2020, 15:23 799257 in reply to 799251

Mr. Moderator,

Surely you can understand that the use of a keyboard is far less preferable to speaking to someone live. You never asked me if I read the doc, but assumed I hadn't by that comment. I took that as a personal jab. You can understand that. So much gets lost in the translation. I am not interested in getting into a pissing contest with you about comments. I agree a car's user manual doesn't teach you how to drive, It doesn't claim that, but the printed manual is explicit in showing how to check items and what the steps are.  let's not have that kind of communication here anymore ... please?  Water under the dam.

I am quite sure I clicked the Burn Disc button that first created the Video_ts file.

One last question, at the top of this response, you mentioned the relationship between PS23 and MyDvd.  I have version 22 Plus. Are your statements applicable to version 22 Plus or are there differences I'm not aware of in version 23? 

•  05-11-2020, 15:26 799259 in reply to 799257

RAZ32:

I am quite sure I clicked the Burn Disc button that first created the Video_ts file.

Please, read again this post : http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/permalink/799254/799203/ShowThread.aspx#799203 and try what I suggest.

RAZ32:

One last question, at the top of this response, you mentioned the relationship between PS23 and MyDvd.  I have version 22 Plus. Are your statements applicable to version 22 Plus or are there differences I'm not aware of in version 23? 

Everything that I wrote is applicable to PS22 Plus.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy