Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

New Installation of Studio 23, missing Transitions, and can't create titles

Last post 03-11-2020, 14:11 by jjn. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2020, 9:52 796115

New Installation of Studio 23, missing Transitions, and can't create titles

I have a new installation of Studio 23, but I am missing Transition like HFX Volume 2, and no titles, not even the default so I can't open the title screen at all.  It comes up with a message that the "default title wasn't found in the installed content."  I don't know yet what else may be missing.

I had to recently reinstall windows on this computer, and redo this computer as I ran into a problem with Studio opening 22, and the only thing left to do was to reformat, and reinstall windows..  Therefore, I didn't install any previous versions, just purchased the new Studio 23. I am thinking maybe I should install previous versions like 19, 22, and then reinstall 23.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thank You. 

•  03-07-2020, 12:19 796126 in reply to 796115

Re:New Installation of Studio 23, missing Transitions, and can't create titles

1st step : refresh the library

If it failed :

2nd step : reset the library

•  03-09-2020, 12:18 796172 in reply to 796126

Re: Re:New Installation of Studio 23, missing Transitions, and can't create titles

thank you so much for the quick response.  How do I refresh the Library.  If that doesn't work, how to reset the Library?
  •  03-09-2020, 13:06 796173 in reply to 796172

Re: Re:New Installation of Studio 23, missing Transitions, and can't create titles

Image where to Refresh Library.

Reset the software.... have PS open. Setup>Control Panel, and click on Reset.

•  03-09-2020, 16:46 796182 in reply to 796173

thanks again.  I tried neither one worked.

Perhaps I should uninstall and reinstall. Or maybe I should install an earlier version first?

•  03-09-2020, 18:26 796184 in reply to 796182

Installing an earlier version will not help.

Outside of doing a complete uninstall/reinstall, you can try one more thing. It might work.

Look to where you have the downloaded version of PS and open that folder. You will see a folder labeled  64bit>StandardContent. Open that folder and scroll down to StandardContent.msi. Double left click and see if it runs.

If it does, do not choose "Repair" but Modify. Let it run. Restart PS and wait to see if everything is populated. If not, one last thing before going the uninstall/reinstall route.

Go to this location on your C: driver... C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Pinnacle_Studio_23, and rename the folder  Studio to something like Studio_OLD.

Restart PS and let everything rebuild. It will be like a "day 1" install. IF that fails....time to uninstall/reinstall.

•  03-10-2020, 3:51 796187 in reply to 796182

Have your tried forcing a complete reset?

http://www.pinnaclestudio.info/page29.html

•  03-11-2020, 12:41 796259 in reply to 796184

Thanks again for your help!

I tried this . . . Look to where you have the downloaded version of PS and open that folder. You will see a folder labeled  64bit>StandardContent. Open that folder and scroll down to StandardContent.msi. Double left click and see if it runs.

If it does, do not choose "Repair" but Modify. Let it run. Restart PS and wait to see if everything is populated.  It still didn't find HFX Volume 2, and default titler wouldn't open,  But I did see titles in the library.

I tried the next step you suggested, , Go to this location on your C: driver... C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Pinnacle_Studio_23, and rename the folder  Studio to something like Studio_OLD.  But, I could not find the AppData folder at all under my username.  I am pretty sure I have seen it before.  Just isn't there.

Looks like I am close to unistall and reinstall unless you can suggest something else.  Not sure why I can't find the APPData folder so I did a search on google how to find it with %appdata%.  I was able to rename the folder, and reopened PS, but still no luck.  I'll go ahead and reinstall.

Thanks again!

Frank 

•  03-11-2020, 12:45 796260 in reply to 796259

fdefede:
    Not sure why I can't find the APPData folder?

Read this : https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/

•  03-11-2020, 13:59 796263 in reply to 796184

I reinstalled PS 23.  The transitions all seem to be there now, but when I click on the create title Icon, I get the same message of title wasn't found in the installed content.  Title Editor can't be opened.

The titles do show up in the title library. I can drag various titles down onto the timeline and open them.  So after I dragged a few on the timeline, I tried the Title Icon again, and this time it opened.I think I may be okay now!  I will try to work with the system and let you know, and mark this as solved once I'm sure.

Thanks for your help!

Frank 

•  03-11-2020, 14:11 796265 in reply to 796259

fdefede:

I tried the next step you suggested, , Go to this location on your C: driver... C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Pinnacle_Studio_23, and rename the folder  Studio to something like Studio_OLD.  But, I could not find the AppData folder at all under my username.  I am pretty sure I have seen it before.  Just isn't there

The page I linked you to has a paragraph - "Revealing Hidden files" - before the instructions you are following.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy