Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

MCE Smart Proxy Enhancement

Last post 02-13-2020, 11:09 by jjn. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-12-2020, 12:45 795075

MCE Smart Proxy Enhancement

Currently when you are working within MCE and you have Smart Proxy turned on, the Smart Proxy converts the files into lower res files only if you are in MCE.  Once you press OK, Smart Proxy stops converting the files.  This means if you're working within MCE, you have to put the files into the cameras, then wait until Smart Proxy is done. 

I would like to see Smart Proxy work outside of MCE.  This way we can create our MCE file with the different camera angles, then press OK and let Smart Proxy work on converting those files while I'm working on the next MCE file, and so forth.  One project may have up to 14 or more MCE files so having to bring up each MCE, wait for it to finish converting, then bring up the next MCE and wait for it to convert is very time consuming.

Also, move the MCE Smart Proxy Manager over to Studio's main screen so we can see all of the MCE Smart Proxy files that need to be converted all in one screen. 

•  02-13-2020, 11:09 795091 in reply to 795075

Re: MCE Smart Proxy Enhancement

The problem with implementing with your suggestion is that the MCE is virtually a standalone program to Pinnacle Studio. It was written using tech from Corel Video Studio and implements the proxy files using a totally different codec to the Playback optimisation files in Studio. That's why It works the way it does.

I'm sure that they could make the creation of the proxy files happen in the background of the MCE, but you would need a way to pause the file creation while working in the MCE or it would impact servely on playback performance.

Returning to Studio itself and allowing the MCE to contine proxy creation would be even more complex.

So while I'm not disagreeing with your request, I'm just pointing out that it would require a very large programming effort to implement it.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy