Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Dazzle DVD Recorder HD Not reconised in studio 22

Last post 02-17-2020, 6:10 by saby. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-31-2020, 7:23 794697

Dazzle DVD Recorder HD Not reconised in studio 22

Can anyone help here? I have a Dazzle DVD recorder HD usb capture device installed which was working fine but then the video has stopped working.

In device manager it now has  ! next to "Video capture usb video device" and is no longer an option in Studio 22.with the following message.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}
    %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

I have tried reinstalling both the device and drivers without success. I have tried the devise in another computer and it work fine.

Any Ideas Please

•  01-31-2020, 7:25 794698 in reply to 794697

Re:Dazzle DVD Recorder HD Not reconised in studio 22

Make sure to have the appropriate driver installed : http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/Hardware_Installer/readmeHW10.htm
  •  01-31-2020, 8:02 794699 in reply to 794698

Re: Re:Dazzle DVD Recorder HD Not reconised in studio 22

Thanks

Yes I have tried that before, but they seem old drivers the unit I have is only about 1 year old so not sure which is the correct driver really but have installed the  Dazzle* DVC100 (DVD Recorder) one.

But still no joy.

•  01-31-2020, 9:31 794701 in reply to 794699

These are the latest drivers available = the same delivered with your device.
  •  01-31-2020, 10:49 794706 in reply to 794701

Thanks Saby

In that case I have the most up to date drivers installed. I have also tried uninstalling them and the device the starting again but still get the same issue.

So iam now at a loss as to what the problem is, as I did have it working fine before,

BTW the audio side works fine.

•  01-31-2020, 11:11 794707 in reply to 794701

saby:
    These are the latest drivers available = the same delivered with your device.
    Going by digital signature time stamps, the driver set delivered with Studio 22 (in the 64bit\Drivers\x64 folder of the Studio installation media (disc or download) is much newer than the set referenced on that old Pinnacle hardware support page (August 2015 vs. August 2008)!

Windows could be "hanging on" to the newer (corrupt?) driver files (and not replacing them if you try to install the older driver using its EXE; one suggestion would be to use the Windows Device Manager to uninstall the Dazzle device (make sure to tick the box to remove the driver software as well), unplug the device then uninstall the driver from Windows Programs & Features. Reboot and try re-installing the driver from its setup.exe provided in the Studio 22 installation media.

HTH
    Richard

•  02-04-2020, 4:53 794820 in reply to 794707

Thanks for the info. Will give that a try if I can find the drivers in downloaded install files.

Although Iam using Studio 21 they should be the same?

•  02-04-2020, 6:44 794824 in reply to 794820

The drivers do not depend on the version of Studio used.
  •  02-04-2020, 7:05 794825 in reply to 794820

Winton:
    Thanks for the info. Will give that a try if I can find the drivers in downloaded install files.

Although I am using Studio 21 they should be the same?

From the sets of files I have archived here, Studio 21, 22 and 23 are all using the same set of driver files for Dazzle (and Moviebox) capture devices (from August 2015).

You should find the installer files in your Studio 21 disc or download in the folder <PinnacleStudio>\64bit\Drivers\x64 (where the placeholder <PinnacleStudio> is the top-level of a retail DVD or the folder such as one created on your desktop where you downloaded Studio. There should be three files in that folder - Data1.cab, Dazzle Video Capture DVC100 X64 Driver 1.08.msi and setup.exe

HTH
    Richard

•  02-04-2020, 10:14 794834 in reply to 794825

Hi Richard

Tried all that you suggested. The Audio is now recognized but not the video. still getting the "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

"{Bad Image}
    %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x"

Very strange it was working fine up until a couple of months ago, not install any new programs  so I can't see any conflict there. 

Duncan

•  02-04-2020, 10:54 794837 in reply to 794834

Sorry to hear it's still not working...

The issue still sounds like it might be due to Windows hanging on to a bad driver file - did you try uninstalling the device from the Windows device manager and choosing to delete the driver software too - and then uninstalling from "Programs and Features". If "yes" - you may need to hunt for stray files left behind after the uninstallation and manually remove them.

Regards,
    Richard

•  02-04-2020, 11:03 794838 in reply to 794837

Hi Richard

Yes I followed your instructions step by step. Any idea what files and were they may be located?

Duncan

•  02-04-2020, 12:41 794842 in reply to 794838

I did a quick search on my system (I have a Moviebox 700-USB, not a Dazzle) - some places I found Dazzle-related files. Heed the usual "health warning" before manually diving in and changing/removing stuff in the innards of Windows [;-)]:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Pinnacle\Driver\Video - several sub-folders of drivers, although I think those folders were put there by the installation of a legacy version of Studio, not a recent one (19 or later)

C:\Windows\System32\INF - there may be .INF or .PNF files starting with "oem" - you would need to look inside the .INF files with a text editor, if you find one related to the Dazzle, remove both it and any companion .PNF file sharing the same name

C:\Windows\System32\drivers - you may find left-over driver files in here (this is a list of possible files I found in the one of the driver INF files - I don't have any of these installed as I don't have a Dazzle device):
    emProp.ax
    emProp64.ax
    emVFW.dll
    emYUV.dll
    emUSD64.dll
    emScan64.sys
    emFilter64.sys
    emDevice64.sys
    emTwain.ds

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository - may contain folders with Windows' reference copies of installed Dazzle drivers - the folder names aren't nice but you may spot text such as "DVC100" in the names

There could be other stuff...

An alternative to manually removing stuff would be to use the Revo Uninstaller tool (the free version would likely be "powerful enough") - from inside Revo launch the Dazzle driver uninstaller and then let Revo scan for and identify what it thinks are stray files or settings left behind (you can then review them and choose whether to delete or keep)

HTH
    Richard

•  02-17-2020, 6:05 795232 in reply to 794842

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you, Have tried all your suggestions but nothing worked, even been onto Pinnacle support but without success.

So as a last resort I reset my computer back to factory settings which reinstalled windows and then had to reinstall all my programs which has now fixed the problem.

So it was a windows issue in the end I suspect something to do with update which didn't install correctly.

Anyway thanks for all your help.

Duncan

•  02-17-2020, 6:10 795233 in reply to 795232

Thanks for reporting back.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy