Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

adding audio & video to a powerpoint presentation

Last post 01-23-2020, 6:37 by Tony P. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-22-2020, 5:32 794250

adding audio & video to a powerpoint presentation

Hello,

I want to add audio and some short video clips to a PowerPoint presentation. I have consulted this tutorial: https://www.pinnaclesys.com/en/tips/slideshow/photo-slideshow/ and watched a Yotube clip suggested by Coral. The examples describe a single audio clip and photos.

I understand slides and photos go on one track and the audio on another. What I don’t understand is how I ensure each audio clip which could go for 5 minutes, is only played when a particular slide is viewed. There can be up to 40 slides. Can you advise of a resource where this is explained or provide advice?

Any advice is appreciated,

Bob 

•  01-22-2020, 6:05 794251 in reply to 794250

Re: adding audio & video to a powerpoint presentation

I think that you are referring to smartmovie. You need to first add the photos and then the audio. Once done you may need to adjust the timing of each photo which meets the length of your audio.
  •  01-22-2020, 6:09 794252 in reply to 794250

You can, as you have stated, add photos and images (not powerpoint slides) to the timeline. When a still image is added to the timeline, you can stretch it for 5 minutes. If the music is 5 minutes long (or longer) you can add that under the single image.to match it's length.

Which version of PS are you using? There are 3, HD, Plus and Ultimate.

•  01-22-2020, 6:10 794253 in reply to 794251

Thanks. Yes I thought I could use Smartmovie to do this. I was going to ask how I adjust the timing, but it seems I may need another plan ?

I'm using Studio 23. 

•  01-22-2020, 6:20 794255 in reply to 794253

In Smartmovie at the bottom, there are 3 buttons. Select Edit and it will place your movie on the timeline.

I am unclear on how long in time you want each image and what is your source for music.

•  01-22-2020, 6:48 794256 in reply to 794255

For the images. Once you set them up in Smartmovie in the order you want them to appear, click on the Edit tab.

You will see all your images on an A/V track in the exact order. I am assuming that you want each image to appear onscreen for 5 minutes in length. 40 images equal 200 minutes or about 3.5 hours, yes?

Make sure you are in Insert Edit mode (Ctrl + Shift + I). Click on the first image to highlight it. Next, Ctrl Shift+left mouse click to highlight all the images on the track. Once you do that, you can adjust the length of all the clips at once.

While the clips are highlighted, right mouse click on any clip. It will bring up a context menu where you would select Adjust Duration. In the Duration box, the time would look like 00.05.00.00 for each clip being shown for 5 minutes. After you type in the number, hit your Enter key, then OK.

All clips on the timeline will be 5 minutes in length.

As for music, I have no idea are you using single clips of music or the built in Scorefitter.

•  01-22-2020, 7:20 794260 in reply to 794256

Thanks again. Some context. I have 7 days of training which was recorded. The background slides aren't clearly readable. My plan was to strip the audio from the video and match the audio to to the respective powerpoint slides. There is no music.  I think the longest video section was 2 hours but this could be cut up into shorter presentations.

% minutes was just an estimate, to indicate that slides may be longer than just a few seconds as in a slideshow. 

•  01-22-2020, 7:21 794261 in reply to 794256

Thanks again. Some context. I have 7 days of training which was recorded. The background slides aren't clearly readable. My plan was to strip the audio from the video and match the audio to to the respective powerpoint slides. There is no music.  I think the longest video section was 2 hours but this could be cut up into shorter presentations.

5 minutes was just an estimate, to indicate that slides may be longer than just a few seconds as in a slideshow. 

•  01-22-2020, 7:31 794262 in reply to 794261

You can adjust on the timeline the length of each image to fit the audio that you have.

You don't have to "strip" the audio from the video if you have Pinnacle Studio Plus or Ultimate. All you would have to do is put that video on a track and  at the track header, click on the little "eye" to turn on or off video monitoring.

That way, if everything is one long video clip with audio, you don't have to do any editing to it.

Place it on A/V track, click on the "eye" to turn of showing video and add your images above it and adjust according to the length to match the audio. If you want to add better text, you can use the text editor in Pinnacle to add text as needed. If you want text to appear on top of an image, the text would have to go over the image in another track. You can add additional tracks by right mouse clicking on the track header and choosing to add a track above or below the selected track.

•  01-22-2020, 7:36 794263 in reply to 794256

Thanks again. Some context. I have 7 days of training video, in which the slides aren't always readable. After editing the videos and removing extraneous content or creating sub-topic videos, I intended to strip the audio from images and add the audio to the matching slide. 5 minutes was a rough estimate, intended to convey that the timing per slide was more than a few seconds, as is the case in a typical slideshow.  I believe the longest individual video is 2 hours. 

•  01-22-2020, 7:45 794264 in reply to 794263

Again, you don't have to 'strip' the audio from your edited video unless you are using the basic version of Pinnacle. If using Plus or Ultimate (you haven't said which version you have yet), life would be easier for you.

Again, just place the edited video on an A/V track and "mute" the video. You will have only audio playback. Place your images on the A/V track above and drag them to the length to match the audio, add a transition and life will be easier. Why make things more difficult than it has to be.

•  01-23-2020, 5:32 794330 in reply to 794264

Thanks again. I found it is possible to save powerpoint slides as a series of jpeg files, which can be imported into SmartMovie. I tried to edit the slides and audio, however, I received a message saying it couldn't be processed. There were 59 slides and about 90 minutes of audio. I left the exact message at work.
  •  01-23-2020, 6:37 794335 in reply to 794330

You can not edit the powerpoint slides in Pinnacle. It is an image not a powerpoint slide.

I've asked before and will ask again, which version of Pinnacle Studio are you using, and is it HD (basic), Plus or Ultimate.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy