Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Hopefully a couple of simple questions for a new user - serial number is wrong/can't update, trouble just getting started

Last post 01-14-2020, 16:34 by saby. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-30-2019, 17:59 793017

Hopefully a couple of simple questions for a new user - serial number is wrong/can't update, trouble just getting started

Hi.

Sorry if these are obvious issues that I should have figured out, but, ...I've done a bit of work and internet searching and am stumped. Thank you in advance on the following:

I started out a few years ago on the DVC100 1.1 (white) and recently bought the new Digital Video Capture USB v1.0 (black).  Are they the same?  I tried using the older white one recently and couldn't make the software talk to it -- online support said I needed to purchase the new one...

After installing software and starting to work with the new one, I realized it never asked me for the serial number.  When I go into my Help > Register, I see my contact info and a serial number already there, grayed out, and while similar, the last 10 digits are way off.  I can't edit this nor register.

When I start using Pinnacle Studio, and have my camcorder connected (all I want to do is download/digitize my tape-based movies and save em' on 6TB external HD) I start to 'Capture' the video and immediately get an error message saying, "Library - Could not import file.  Please check the event log in the control panel for details. (101)".  I can't find any "Event Log" or "Control Panel" in the Studio application.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you,

Jay 

•  01-01-2020, 15:07 793106 in reply to 793017

Re:Hopefully a couple of simple questions for a new user - serial number is wrong/can't update, trouble just getting started

Hi and welcome to this forum.

jpilk99:

After installing software

What software ? Pinnacle Studio ?

•  01-14-2020, 6:37 793858 in reply to 793106

Re: Re:Hopefully a couple of simple questions for a new user - serial number is wrong/can't update, trouble just getting started

saby:

Hi and welcome to this forum.

jpilk99:
    After installing software

What software ? Pinnacle Studio ?

I'm guessing, from the text of that Import error message - that it's "Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle"

A few ideas:

• Serial number - did you ever have Pinnacle Studio 16 on that PC? If so, is the serial number you are seeing the one from Studio 16? (From what I recall, Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle is a stripped-down version of Studio 16...
    • Capture failure - I assume that before trying to start the capture, when the tape is played the video and audio do appear properly in the preview in the Importer. Some ideas on things to check:
      • Make sure the capture isn't trying to go by default to a non-existent drive/folder
      • Try capturing to the internal hard drive instead of directly to an external USB hard drive (there can be conflicts between USB video capture devices and USB hard disks)
      • If you are using custom capture settings, check that you are not using MJPEG - choose DV or MPEG-2 as MJPEG capture is problematic under Windows 10

HTH
    Richard

•  01-14-2020, 16:34 793909 in reply to 793858

Re: Re:Hopefully a couple of simple questions for a new user - serial number is wrong/can't update, trouble just getting started

OP seems to be a "one shot" poster.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy