Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

No video only audio with studio player

Last post 01-24-2020, 12:17 by culpanr. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-21-2019, 14:51 792634

No video only audio with studio player

I have an 8 year old HP computer that was able to run Studio 20 ultimate quite nicely. My computer started to run less efficiently so I decided to do a full windows 7 reinstall. After the reinstall I got all the windows 7 updates and updated my 1GB DDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphic card drivers.I then installed Pinnacle studio from my purchased DVD and got all the Studio 20 ultimate updates.  In settings I picked what I always have used in the past-- Preview best quality main monitor, 1920x1080/60i, NTSC, Optimization to 100%, Render while play, Hardware Cuda accleration. I have tired one studio repair and one complete uninstall reinstall but that did not help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled my video drivers. 

I loaded the studio demo clip and also tried some of my own. These are the problems I am encountering. 

1.there is no rendering on the timeline

2.there is no video in the player just audio even though I have both video and audio selected for the player. 

thanks for your help. 

•  12-21-2019, 14:53 792635 in reply to 792634

Re:No video only audio with studio player

Install this version of DirectX : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
  •  12-21-2019, 15:45 792641 in reply to 792635

Re: Re:No video only audio with studio player

Thanks. That solved my issues. I assumed that when I got all the updates I would have the correct version of directx. But I didn't.

Heavytiger 

•  12-21-2019, 16:01 792642 in reply to 792641

Nothing to do with updates but a known issue with PS20 bad installation. This version of DirectX is necessary to PS20 to display video. If it is missing on your computer, it should be installed during installation of PS20. Sometimes it fails.
  •  01-23-2020, 15:27 794373 in reply to 792642

I downloaded the old version of direct x but it didn't fix my problem. Since my computer is new I called a free technical help line I have with my warranty and was told Microsoft Windows will automatically use the latest version of Direct x. I have version 12. The only way to get around this is within the software program. Is there a place within Pinnacle studio 20 where I can choose to use the older version of direct x? If I have an impossible situation I will upgrade to Studio 23 assuming that version is compatible with Direct x 12.

thanks, 

•  01-23-2020, 15:35 794375 in reply to 794373

The pb was fixed in December and now is no longer fixed ? I don't understand.
  •  01-24-2020, 10:53 794412 in reply to 794375

I am guessing that the OP has bought a new PC with Windows 10 to replace the old Windows 7 one...

Some comments that might help:

1. Windows 10 includes DirectX 12 "in the box" but does not include any older versions.
    2. Pinnacle Studio needs to use an older version of DirectX (10 or 11) to allow compatibility with older operating systems (7 / 8 / 8.1) as it's not possible to add DirectX 12 to those older operating systems. Pinnacle Studio's installation media (DVD disc or download) does include that "June 2010" copy of DirectX as a "prerequisite" and should automatically install it; however that process does sometimes misfire and the installation fails (or does not happen). The solution is to manually (re)run the installation; either from the copy in your Studio installation media "Prerequisites" folder or from the copy downloaded from Microsoft.
    3. Note that if you're using the .EXE downloaded from Microsoft (directx_Jun2010_redist.exe) the installation is a 2-step process:
      Running the EXE will unpack the files into a folder of your choice
      You then need to browse into that folder where the unpacked files are and lanuch the file DXSETUP.exe to perform the installation
      Reboot and you should be "good to go"

HTH
    Richard

•  01-24-2020, 11:32 794422 in reply to 794412

No Richard.

It's a duplicate. OP has posted the very same message in a new thread.

•  01-24-2020, 12:17 794432 in reply to 794422

saby:
    It's a duplicate.
    Not quite...

In the other thread here, the OP states that he has got a new computer (HP Omen gaming rig with W10 Pro). But it definitely looks like the DirectX installation misfired on the new computer too (ISTR quite a common issue with the older method of distribution of that DirectX package in a RAR archive).

Regards,
    Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy