Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Blu-Ray plug-in installed but still requires purchase

Last post 12-03-2019, 7:54 by culpanr. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-22-2019, 8:23 791283

Blu-Ray plug-in installed but still requires purchase

I upgraded to ver. 23 ultimate and received the blu-ray plug-in as part of that purchase. After a successful installation of the upgraded program, I installed the blu-ray plug-in. When attempting to author a blu-ray disc, I am faced with the the request to purchase the plug-in from the disc drop down menu. Please advise.
  •  11-22-2019, 19:52 791298 in reply to 791283

Re: Blu-Ray plug-in installed but still requires purchase

Papawupa - I emailed Corel customer service in October and received the response shown below. I had obtained the Blu-ray plug-in previously with an earlier version of Studio. Basically, you have to buy the Blu-ray plug-in again for PS 23. Corel isn’t interested in customer fairness in this regard. At least I still have PS 22 on my computer and can use it to burn Blu-ray when I need it. 

“I sincerely regret to Inform Blu-ray plugin is not transferable and is version specific.Kindly do purchase Blu-ray plugin for PS 23 to activate Blu-ray for PS 23.As support person,I could assist you with Information,but not transfer plugin, which is not possible by EULA(End User license Agreement).Hope you understand.” (From Corel customer service). 
  •  11-23-2019, 0:06 791300 in reply to 791298

stevered3:

Basically, you have to buy the Blu-ray plug-in again for PS 23.

Seems that it is what he did.

•  11-23-2019, 6:33 791313 in reply to 791300

I have the ver, 23 associated blu-ray plugin. I also have the ver,21 blu-ay plug-in. I used the ver. 23 plugin-after installing ver. 23.
  •  11-24-2019, 6:23 791354 in reply to 791313

I have tried to get in touch with technical support and have sent them my invoice as well as attaching screen captures showing the the requirement to purchase the already purchased and installed plug-in. I'm trying to be as clear as possible. Still waiting for an answer from them.
  •  11-30-2019, 7:49 791738 in reply to 791354

I have been trying to get Corel's technical support to address this issue for over a week. This is the only way I could resolve the issue'

"After repeatedly going back and forth regrading this issue I decided that I would again purchase the plug-in even though my original purchase was suppose to include a functional blu-ray plug-in. This is  my invoice receipt. "Paymentwall Receipt (Reference Number: -----------------)". I now have a working blu-ray plug-in. I believe Corel's promotional free blu-ray plug-in was somewhat disingenuous regarding the the fact that the only way to get it to work was to actually purchase the plug-in through the application. Please advise."

•  12-02-2019, 12:11 791820 in reply to 791738

Hi papawupa, 

I sent you a PM.  

•  12-03-2019, 6:36 791852 in reply to 791820

Glus,

I have not received a pm. It may have come into my junk folder. In any case, could please send me another note.

Thank-you,

John

•  12-03-2019, 7:54 791853 in reply to 791852

papawupa:
    ...I have not received a pm...
    Nick may have sent it using the private message feature of this forum - look for "Inbox" at the top right of the screen and see if there's a number in brackets beside it.

Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy