Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

How to fix floating panels in Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 23

Last post 11-07-2019, 13:07 by saby. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-06-2019, 19:18 790708

How to fix floating panels in Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 23

Several times I have accidentally hit the little icon in the top right side of a panel (if you hover over it, it says unlock). If you hit that icon accidentally or on purpose, the selected panel becomes unlocked from the main screen and becomes a floating panel that can be moved anywhere. When I have hit those accidentally, I get those floating panels. I do not see any way to re-lock or re-attach those panels. I have been unable to find out anything about this in any tutorial or manual anywhere on line. The only way I have found to fix the problem is to delete the following directory and restart the program. The directory to delete is c:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Pinnacle_Studio_23\Studio\23.0  This works after restarting, but all my setups in the setup control panel have to be reset.  Is there some easy way to click on something to get those unlocked panels to re-lock?
  •  11-07-2019, 0:05 790709 in reply to 790708

Re: How to fix floating panels in Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 23

If I undock a panel I just press the same button on the floating window which now says 'dock', it then goes back to its original location.

Not sure why yours isn't doing this. 

•  11-07-2019, 3:46 790711 in reply to 790709

Attachment: Dock.jpg
    Alanw:

If I undock a panel I just press the same button on the floating window which now says 'dock', it then goes back to its original location.

Not sure why yours isn't doing this. 

Yep, that works. The tool icon actually looks a little different to the Undock one and as you say the tooltip says "Dock".

•  11-07-2019, 6:19 790718 in reply to 790711

Thanks, I will try this again and see if it works. If it doesn't work, I will try a clean install and see if it works then. I do know that if I get more than about 5 windows unlocked, Pinnacle just gives up and quits, and if I try to restart it, it will open with all the detached windows showing for a few seconds, then shut down again. I appreciate your help. I just wish Pinnacle would have documented this feature SOMEWHERE.
  •  11-07-2019, 13:07 790726 in reply to 790718

WilliamDeanDavis:
    I just wish Pinnacle would have documented this feature SOMEWHERE.

It is actually documented in the online user manual : http://help.pinnaclesys.com/pinnacle/v23/en/help/index.html#page/connect%2Fsplash.html

Enter Dock in the search field. 2 search results are proposed. Click the 1st one and you're in the "Preview edits in the player" section. Words containing Dock are highlighted in yellow :

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy