Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

WW2 Life Story Excerpt

Last post 10-12-2019, 7:40 by PuterMan. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-10-2019, 17:15 789500

WW2 Life Story Excerpt

I have filmed well over 200 Life Stories for people, but this time I did something a little different. A daughter wanted to interview her father about his service in the US Army during World War Two. It was an interview that served two purposes: (1) gives us a glimpse of what this soldier experienced during that war (there are not many of them left), and (2) it helped deepen her relationship with her father. What I did differently than usual is in addition to the two cameras I usually use, I used my phone as a camera on the interviewer. I also wanted to know what the phone's audio quality would be like without using an external mic for it. It actually turned out pretty well even though there was an echo in the room. My thought is that anyone can use a phone camera to do some quick filming without additional cost, and the additional cost of a lavalier mic for the phone (not much) would make it even nicer. Anyway, Studio 23 came through with a nice editing process and everyone is happy.

HERE is the interview excerpt.

Thanks for watching!

Larry

•  10-11-2019, 1:58 789504 in reply to 789500

Re:WW2 Life Story Excerpt

I can't believe he is 96 !!!

1st question about France => Eiffel tower. A very classic topic in discussions about France !   Big Smile

•  10-11-2019, 3:09 789509 in reply to 789504

Re: Re:WW2 Life Story Excerpt

saby:

I can't believe he is 96 !!!

1st question about France => Eiffel tower. A very classic topic in discussions about France !   Big Smile

I agree... he certainly does not look (or act) his age. He was an eye doctor in our town and believes that he and his German assistant, Ernie, may have been the first in America to produce bifocal contact lenses for patients.

Also, his daughter (doing the interview) has lived in the east of France for nearly 40 years now. 

•  10-12-2019, 7:12 789560 in reply to 789509

Just watched it! I too can't believe his age! Wow!

"do you want a glass of water?", dad, "I got to do the other thing, get rid of water!".

•  10-12-2019, 7:40 789561 in reply to 789560

Tony P:

Just watched it! I too can't believe his age! Wow!

"do you want a glass of water?", dad, "I got to do the other thing, get rid of water!".

Thanks, Tony! You and Yann will be his friends... I will pass the comments from both of you to him. He likes to hear what people have been saying, even on Facebook.

Larry 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy