Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

create a new movie with track order reversed?

Last post 09-27-2019, 10:10 by Tony P. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-25-2019, 22:51 788853

create a new movie with track order reversed?

If there's a way to start a new movie/project and have the tracks already numbered upward instead of the default I would love to know how to do this.

Coming from other editors I prefer my stack numbering to go up rather than down, I know I can add tracks above and below when in a project but it would be faster if I could start with 1 or 2 in the fashion I want.

Cheers

•  09-25-2019, 23:51 788854 in reply to 788853

Re: create a new movie with track order reversed?

You could try:

1. Create one or more new projects with the Track Format you prefer (rename and/or renumber the tracks to suit) and save them as say 'Default Project 1' etc.  Open the appropriate 'Default' project each time you start a new project and save it as the Project's new name.  Add the source content and edit as normal.

2. Use Project Template if your version of Studio supports it.  This gives more control over content as well as the Track Format.  See Page 148 of the Studio 23 manual. 

Hope this helps  

•  09-26-2019, 1:19 788855 in reply to 788853

Re:create a new movie with track order reversed?

Alanw:

If there's a way to start a new movie/project and have the tracks already numbered upward instead of the default I would love to know how to do this.

Coming from other editors I prefer my stack numbering to go up rather than down, I know I can add tracks above and below when in a project but it would be faster if I could start with 1 or 2 in the fashion I want.

Cheers

You understand that even if you have them numbered upward, it won't change the fact that top tracks are displayed 1st ? I mean the stack of layers will always be displayed fromthe top while rendering.

•  09-26-2019, 3:21 788860 in reply to 788853

Alanw:

Some other editors edit "upside down". An overlay track (notice the word "over") is under the main track. Almost all pro editors (except possibly Magix Pro X) edit with the overlay tracks placed on the tracks above, or over the main video. Premiere, Resolve, Vegas, FCP, Media Composer, etc... edit this way. PS was designed to replace Avid Liquid, a pro editor way back in the day, so edited similarly to it instead of legacy Studio where the main video track was the top track.

As posted above, reversing the order is not possible in PS.

•  09-27-2019, 4:39 788910 in reply to 788855

Re: Re:create a new movie with track order reversed?

Yes but that's fine as the top tracks covering others is how I learned in PPro and other programs, plus having track 2 on top of track 1 makes more sense if it has priority to me.

•  09-27-2019, 4:41 788911 in reply to 788860

Shame because another editor has just added reversible track order as one of their features. Maybe next year!
  •  09-27-2019, 4:44 788912 in reply to 788854

Thanks, I guess this will do for the time being. Cheers

(in relation to saving as a default file) forgot to quote sorry.

•  09-27-2019, 6:11 788916 in reply to 788910

Re: Re:create a new movie with track order reversed?

Alanw:

Yes but that's fine as the top tracks covering others is how I learned in PPro and other programs, plus having track 2 on top of track 1 makes more sense if it has priority to me.

You can decide to place track 2 on top of track 1, but any asset placed on track 2 will then hide what is below it.

To change track order, drag'n'drop the tracks header.

•  09-27-2019, 10:10 788922 in reply to 788911

It if truly reverses track order, then any overlays would be lost, text would not show, etc...

You can drag a track on top or under another as you decide. 

If it's a numbering scheme that you are interested in, you can rename tracks as you want.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy