Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Convert mp4 to disc image

Last post 09-15-2019, 5:05 by Davem. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-14-2019, 0:00 788367

Convert mp4 to disc image

Hi All, I have been saving my last couple of videos as mp4 for export to a flash drive which seems to work well but now I want to burn one of those to a blu-Ray disc and I can’t seem to export that within Studio 21 Ultimate. It looks like I may have to convert the file using third party software then re-import into Studio. I’ve tried 'save as' in Studio in another format but that doesn’t work either, probably should have saved the projects as .avi? In the past I have just created disc images. Hope I’m not missing the obvious, any suggestions gratefully received I’m just going round in circles at present.

Thanks, Dave 

•  09-14-2019, 0:47 788368 in reply to 788367

Re: Convert mp4 to disc image

Have you tried exporting the files as .MTS files and then using them to create the Blu-ray disc?
  •  09-14-2019, 4:38 788375 in reply to 788368

Re: Convert mp4 to disc image

Thanks, I’ll try that and let you know.
  •  09-14-2019, 4:52 788378 in reply to 788367

Re:Convert mp4 to disc image

Hi,

Davem:

Hi All, I have been saving my last couple of videos as mp4 for export to a flash drive which seems to work well but now I want to burn one of those to a blu-Ray disc and I can’t seem to export that within Studio 21 Ultimate.

What is your detailed workflow for that ?

What is getting wrong ?

•  09-15-2019, 5:05 788412 in reply to 788378

Re: Re:Convert mp4 to disc image

Thank you for your replies, I should have said that when I try and EXPORT the movie (mp4) it just hangs, the hourglass just stays in the middle of the screen. Or, if I try and burn a disc from EDIT, File/ Burn Disc Image, it hangs again on'Preparing write'. I can only try and export as .mp4 as that is the only file I have, see below.

So, originally I exported my movie as mp4, the settings under 'export' being H.264/AVC and HD 1080p (use this preset to create high definition videos for playback on your computer or an HDTV). It is exported to my folder 'flash drive images' then from there I literally drag and drop the file to a flash drive, works perfectly.

In my notes there should be a saved file under my 'disk images' folder, the name of my movie is there but no contents so I have probably deleted something recently that I shouldn’t have while trying to export my .mp4 movie, I’ve scanned my drives and there are no other files with my movie name.

The short answer is to SAVE the movie first as a disc image then do what I like with it afterwards, I have been working with Pinnacle since Studio 9 so I thought I might have learned something by now, in those days flash drives weren’t around or too expensive.

Thanks again, Dave 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy