Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Pinnacle Studio 18: Red Giant motion graphics toolkit: Reflect, Particular, Mojo, Cosmo add-ons do not work in this newer version.

Last post 08-28-2019, 23:46 by iraisok. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-10-2015, 20:05 674990

Pinnacle Studio 18: Red Giant motion graphics toolkit: Reflect, Particular, Mojo, Cosmo add-ons do not work in this newer version.

My Pinnacle Studio version 18 shows the Red Giant Motion Graphics Toolkit available from the FX drop down menu and when i open it all the same selections are there that are contained in version 17.
    In my Studio 18 the "reflect" add-on in Red Giant motion graphics toolkit does not work. I have selected other add-ons to test, such as Shine or Light Factory and they work.  However, nothing happens when i select "Reflect."
    In Pinnacle Studio 17 the "reflect" feature works.

I followed a youtube tutorial on the topic of Transferring Red Giant Toonit and 3D Stroke from older version to newer versions. 
    Therefore i moved the “TC3DStrokeSE” & “RGToonItSE” to the “RTFx” from my previous version of 14 to 17 & 18.   
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJXxe8bsFeQ) 

Neither Toonit and 3D Stroke show up in an “extra” Red Giant from the drop down menu.  As a matter of fact, neither version 17 or 18 showed a new folder under Add-on effects like the one that appeared in the tutorial.   

I deleted the contents of the Studio folder under the app data folder and then re-launched Pinnacle Studio.  Still, neither Toonit or 3D Stroke show up in an “extra” Red Giant from the drop down menu. I still have the Red Giant Motion Graphics Toolkit & Red Giant Filmmaker Toolkit.  None of the features work except for Knoll Light Kit and Shine.  No Reflect or Particular, or Mojo or Cosmo.  

Incidentally, if it makes a difference, my Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 18 is installed in the regular “Program Files” folder on my C drive –when previous versions  installed they went into my “Program Files (x86)”. 
    My computer uses Windows 7 Home edition.  

•  05-10-2015, 20:14 674991 in reply to 674990

Re:Pinnacle Studio 18: Red Giant motion graphics toolkit: Reflect, Particular, Mojo, Cosmo add-ons do not work in this newer version.

Genuinearticle:

My Pinnacle Studio version 18 shows the Red Giant Motion Graphics Toolkit available from the FX drop down menu and when i open it all the same selections are there that are contained in version 17. In my Studio 18 the "reflect" add-on in Red Giant motion graphics toolkit does not work. I have selected other add-ons to test, such as Shine or Light Factory and they work. However, nothing happens when i select "Reflect." In Pinnacle Studio 17 the "reflect" feature works.

Did you try to apply Reflect to a title ?

Genuinearticle:

Neither Toonit and 3D Stroke show up in an “extra” Red Giant from the drop down menu.

Forget it. You can't have them working in PS18. The tutorial is for PS16 and 17, not 18.

Genuinearticle:

Incidentally, if it makes a difference, my Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 18 is installed in the regular “Program Files” folder on my C drive –when previous versions installed they went into my “Program Files (x86)”.

Program Files is for 64 bits softwares,  Program Files (x86) is for 32 bits software. Your PS18 is 64 bits.

•  05-10-2015, 21:32 674998 in reply to 674991

Re: Re:Pinnacle Studio 18: Red Giant motion graphics toolkit: Reflect, Particular, Mojo, Cosmo add-ons do not work in this newer version.

Yes, i tried to apply Reflect to a title.  It did nothing in PS18.  I had to use my older version PS17 to make it work.  
    Was this statement "You can have them working in PS18."   ??  How can i have them working in PS18?   
    It is weird because a few do work and the ones i list, (Reflect, Particular, Mojo, Cosmo) from Red Giant don't work.  I click on them and nothing changes to the title text.  
  •  05-10-2015, 21:39 674999 in reply to 674998

Re: Re:Pinnacle Studio 18: Red Giant motion graphics toolkit: Reflect, Particular, Mojo, Cosmo add-ons do not work in this newer version.

Genuinearticle:

Was this statement "You can have them working in PS18." ?? How can i have them working in PS18?

Sorry, it was a typo. I've edited my post : "you can't have them working in PS18".

BTW, Cosmo and Mojo are not for titles, but for faces and human skin footage.

•  05-30-2016, 4:46 713020 in reply to 674999

Do you know if a patch will be issued to fix reflections in PS 19? I have the same issue. The UI and "Warp" effect files are all present in PS 19, but reflections doesn't work.
  •  05-30-2016, 5:37 713021 in reply to 713020

I doubt it ever will.
  •  08-28-2019, 23:46 787738 in reply to 713021

Seems like the most appropriate thread to share my findings following extensive tests, in my Windows 10 Pro VMWare virtual module, in an attempt to have Red Giant work in PS 21.5U in Win 7, my native OS / primary operating environment.

It is important to note that prior to installing a new PS version, after taking an Acronis image of the boot partition incase I’m unhappy with PS “new and pretty,” I uninstall the prior version using Revouninstaller Pro and use another tool to ensure there are no registry keys associated with the old version.  Hey, that’s me.  Not saying you should do that.

Back to the installation in virgin Win 10 Pro VM:

1. Installed PS 17.6U followed by PS19.5U followed by PS21.5U.

Result - Red Giant Plug-ins were migrated from PS 17.6U (32 bit) to PS19.5U (64 bit)to PS21.5U (64 bit). Red Giant Plug-ins worked in all three PS versions.

2. I already knew that merely copying the plug-ins that were migrated to PS21.5U that work, would NOT work when copied into PS 21.5U in my Win 7 having nothing to do with Win 7 or Win 10.

3. For Red Giant plug-ins to work in PS21.5U, the following two files and ONLY these two files that are in PS19.5U must be present: ‘RCom32.dll’ and ‘RCom64.dll’.

These files are in C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 19\programs.

No other PS 19 (or PS 18 if it were used) files in the above folder nor any other PS 19 folders are required for Red Giant to work in PS 21.5U.

4. Back to Win 7 - When I created C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 19\programs and copied the two files into it, Red Giant plug-ins still did not work in PS 21.5U (in Win 7 (where NO PRIOR version remnants exists).

5. A search in the Win 10 Registry revealed what I suspected there – There were a slew of registry keys pointing to the C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 19\programs\ RCom32.dll and RCom64.dll.

I concluded the following:

A. I suspect that the reason you can delete the prior PS version after the Red Giant Plug-ins are migrated to the new version is because a simple uninstall using Add/Remove programs do not remove these registry keys, that I feel are required.

B. It was not worth the effort or risk to manually add a slew of registry keys.  Having Red Giant was not worth it.  It just would have been neat to have.

C. As mentioned at the outset, I am not one who likes to have older s/w version co-resident having nothing to do with available SSD free space.  It’s more to do with the size of the single Acronis images captured at max compression) and just how I like to operate.

I encourage anyone who takes exception to my finding, to please reply to exchange findings.  I can explain why I am confident about my findings.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy