Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Move Software to new PC

Last post 04-17-2020, 2:48 by saby. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-06-2019, 19:26 781241

Move Software to new PC

Hi Folks,

My wife has desided for the last several month, the only place she feels able to relax in the entire house, is sat infront of my PC that I edit my videos on. (She has developed a perculiar taste of constantly watching small whimpering animal having cysts removed on Youtube. Yes I wonder about her mental stability too!) Anyway I bought a new PC to do my backlog of editing on. How do I move the software to my new PC? I'm on Pinnacle Studio 21 Ultimate at the moment, but have been upgrading online since about version 15. I tried to install v21 download upgrade file tonight (I can got back to v17 if needed) using the serial number off my old PC, but it says it is in use.

What is the procedure for moving the licence from one PC to another. I've searched the forums and the faq but can't find the answer.

As a side note (but I'm guessing the answer is no) is it possible to keep the software on both PC's. My old PC is a proper setup in my den. The new PC, I'm sat on the floor infront of a TV in my dining room.

Thanks in advance

Sim

•  03-06-2019, 22:59 781242 in reply to 781241

Re: Move Software to new PC

Hello simliv

You can keep the software on both computers but it has to be registered with the same email address as the previous one. You cannot add another email account. I think you can have up to 3 computers with the same serial number.

•  03-07-2019, 1:08 781243 in reply to 781241

Re:Move Software to new PC

Hi and welcome to this forum.

simliv_:

My wife has desided for the last several month, the only place she feels able to relax in the entire house, is sat infront of my PC that I edit my videos on. (She has developed a perculiar taste of constantly watching small whimpering animal having cysts removed on Youtube. Yes I wonder about her mental stability too!)

Completely normal behavior, don't worry. My wife is doing the same but with magots removal in Africa.

simliv_:

I tried to install v21 download upgrade file tonight (I can got back to v17 if needed) using the serial number off my old PC, but it says it is in use.

This warning is normal. Keep going the install process, entering the same email address you used on your previous PC.

simliv_:

As a side note (but I'm guessing the answer is no) is it possible to keep the software on both PC's.

After installation is complete, delete PS 21 from the PC you left for your wife's new passion. The EULA clearly states that it's a one device licence. Can't be installed on more than one PC.

•  03-07-2019, 18:58 781350 in reply to 781243

Re: Re:Move Software to new PC

Thanks for the reply R_Vera and saby,

You were both right. Just ignore the warning and re-enter my email address again. All up and running now, so I can start to catch up with my videos now. The wife is currently watching youtube videos about the death of Princess Diana, which is another one of her favourite topics, even though she must have seen every video, tv program, documentary etc 50 times over.

Regards

Sim

•  08-07-2019, 2:01 786802 in reply to 781243

Agree with you.
  •  04-16-2020, 12:31 797659 in reply to 781243

I too have upgraded from an AMD Win 7 computer to an Intel i9-9900K based desktop computer running Windows 10 Pro and wish to move the PS22 Ult. installation to this computer.  Sent an email message to Corel but no response in 4 days. I would appreciate any input you can provide.

Al

Asus Prime Z390-A M/B

Intel i9-9900K Processor

24 Gb. DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

Asus GTX-1650-04G Graphics card

Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD ("C")

Seagate 3Gb HDD (Content storage)

Seagate 1Gb HDD (Content storage)

Hitachi 3Gb HDD  (Content storage)

•  04-16-2020, 12:36 797660 in reply to 781243

Re:Move Software to new PC

Everything I wrote is still valid :

saby:

simliv_:

I tried to install v21 download upgrade file tonight (I can got back to v17 if needed) using the serial number off my old PC, but it says it is in use.

This warning is normal. Keep going the install process, entering the same email address you used on your previous PC.

simliv_:

As a side note (but I'm guessing the answer is no) is it possible to keep the software on both PC's.

After installation is complete, delete PS 21 from the PC you left for your wife's new passion. The EULA clearly states that it's a one device licence. Can't be installed on more than one PC.

•  04-16-2020, 15:58 797669 in reply to 797660

Saby, again thanks for the help understanding the process. I had not tried to go beyond the License Key screen as I thought a new Key was required when changing systems.

Now it's all good!

Al 

•  04-17-2020, 2:48 797693 in reply to 797669

Thanks for reporting back.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy