Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Why can't I lock a track?

Last post 07-23-2019, 11:18 by saby. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-22-2019, 23:16 786511

Why can't I lock a track?

It's been a while since I used Studio...I think 14 was the last version I used, but I needed to knock out a couple of quick projects, so I upgraded to 22.  Very simple project here - a photo slideshow with background music. I dragged the music into an AV Track, and I dragged the photos into a different AV track.  I want to drag the photos into a different order, but when I do so, it throws gaps into my music track. Drawing on my knowledge from earlier versions, I want to lock the track with the music in it. The padlock is there, but it's faded and when I click it, nothing happens. Why not? This used to be so simple...why can't I lock the track so that the audio file won't be messed with?
  •  07-23-2019, 5:18 786515 in reply to 786511

Re: Why can't I lock a track?

First, what specific version of PS22 do you have? There are 3. If it's the basic version, it is severely crippled IMHO. Plus or Ultimate is what any who plans on editing should have.

Second, can you post a screenshot of your timeline? Here's [rul=http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/thread/326384.aspx]HOW[/url].

Also, what editing mode are you in? You should be in Overwrite. Nothing moves on any timeline. There is also a Replace mode.

Then there is SmartMovie. There you can move your images around with no problem and then move to the Edit timeline and add music, make corrections to the images, etc.

•  07-23-2019, 11:18 786530 in reply to 786515

Re: Why can't I lock a track?

Tony is right.

This feature is missing in Standard version of Studio.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy