Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Trouble editing with previous scenes bleeding/blinking into older scenes

Last post 07-01-2019, 15:53 by saby. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-29-2019, 14:27 786063

Trouble editing with previous scenes bleeding/blinking into older scenes

Hello Pinnacle Community,

I'm really hoping someone can help me with a new issue I'm having with my Pinnacle 20 software. Recently I'm having trouble when I editing videos to where some of the older scenes in the beginning of the video are bleeding or blinking into later scenes in the video. An example or excerpt of this issue I'm having can be found below.

https://youtu.be/46QWhYqc_vw 

Please help!

Matt 

•  06-29-2019, 17:49 786065 in reply to 786063

Re: Trouble editing with previous scenes bleeding/blinking into older scenes

Can you take a screenshot of that section of the video and post it here?

Here's how to add a screen shot to your post. Add Screenshot

Expand the timeline as much as you can add that point. 

•  06-29-2019, 21:40 786066 in reply to 786065

Attachment: screen shot.jpg

Hi Tony P...thanks for helping me with my problem. I should add one more clarifying point. I don't see this bleeding through/ blinking screens from earlier in the video issue until I export the video. Here is the screen shot.

Matt  

•  06-29-2019, 21:52 786067 in reply to 786066

Attachment: test2.wmv

Here is a very short clip from the same video showing the issue

•  06-30-2019, 4:32 786068 in reply to 786067

It smells a graphics card (driver ?) issue.
  •  06-30-2019, 13:38 786089 in reply to 786068

saby:

Thanks Saby...

I've edited  7 or 8 videos without having this problem. I'm a beginner with all this stuff. what do I need to know about graphic cards? Do they go out slowly?

The only difference from my previous videos is with the raw video source. All my older videos came from goprp footage. This newest video has some cell phone video and pics mixed in. Would that have anything to do with this problem?

•  06-30-2019, 13:45 786091 in reply to 786089

How is hardaware acceleration set in Control panel of Studio and what is the graphics card of your computer ?
  •  06-30-2019, 14:18 786093 in reply to 786089

madsteelhead:
    saby:

Thanks Saby...

I've edited  7 or 8 videos without having this problem. I'm a beginner with all this stuff. what do I need to know about graphic cards? Do they go out slowly?

The only difference from my previous videos is with the raw video source. All my older videos came from goprp footage. This newest video has some cell phone video and pics mixed in. Would that have anything to do with this problem?

The "flickering" of some previous frame in the exported video looks extremely like the symptoms of a known issue with Intel Quick Sync H.264 encoding (that I have reported) - affects all versions from 20 onwards.

The problem that I am aware of occurs under the following scenario:

• The PC uses an Intel "Core i" CPU with on-chip graphics supporting Quick Sync video hardware acceleration.
    • Studio's control panel ("Export and Preview" page) has the hardware acceleration set as "Intel" (or "Cuda" - even on PCs with only Intel graphics and no Nvidia card)!
    • The exported video is encoded using H.264 and has a frame size less than full-HD (1920x1080) - I find the problem particularly severe if trying to export at PAL standard-definition (720x576)

The workaround is to turn off Studio's use of the Intel hardware acceleration prior to exporting (set hardware acceleration to "None"). Studio then uses a software encoder that seems slow and reliable.

HTH
    Richard

•  07-01-2019, 13:46 786120 in reply to 786093

Hello Pinnacle Studio Users,

My video issue has been solved. A big "thank you" to all forum users especially Saby, Tony P and Culpanr (Richard). The suggested fix by Saby and Culpanr fixed my problem with the video blinking in and out. People like you make the internet and forums like this great. Thanks so much!! I'm a computer novice and I was just able to comprehend the suggestions above. 

Just to finish out some last minute answer to hanging questions...I have an "Intel(R) HD Graphics 620" graphics card with a total available graphics memory of 4158 MB and Dedicated video memory of 128 MB. Is this card insufficient to properly run Pinnacle 20?

Thanks again everyone!

Matt 

•  07-01-2019, 15:53 786126 in reply to 786120

madsteelhead:

Just to finish out some last minute answer to hanging questions...I have an "Intel(R) HD Graphics 620" graphics card with a total available graphics memory of 4158 MB and Dedicated video memory of 128 MB. Is this card insufficient to properly run Pinnacle 20?

Might depend on the type of footage you are editing. What is the exact model of your CPU ?

Monterey ... A lot of good memories. I've been there in 1997. Very nice piece of Pacific coast ! And what about the golf...

Big Smile 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy