Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

How do I insert created text into my movie?

Last post 06-16-2019, 15:35 by Tony P. 19 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-16-2019, 5:47 785722

How do I insert created text into my movie?

Hi everyone. Just bought P22 and so far things are looking good. I got rid of my Roxio Creator NXT6 because it kept crashing. However, when I created a text for movie I could easily insert it over the movie by dragging it into the box. On this Pinnacle I have absolutely no idea what to do. I have my created tezt and I can drag the text down into the timeline but it's all over the place. If I drag it into the movie it will sit somewhere but be separate, I just want to place it in my movie so that the text can be seen over the movie if you get me. At the moment I am bewildered as to how this is done.
  •  06-16-2019, 6:13 785723 in reply to 785722

Re:How do I insert created text into my movie?

Hi and welcome to this forum.

The title must be placed on a track abnove the video.

•  06-16-2019, 6:21 785724 in reply to 785723

Re:How do I insert created text into my movie?

Look at this explanation : https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-image-combining.html

The same applies to videos. What is called layers in this tuto is called tracks in Studio.

•  06-16-2019, 6:37 785725 in reply to 785723

Re: Re:How do I insert created text into my movie?

Ah okay so a little like the music track. I struggled with that to begin with but above the timeline there is a box and I managed to get the music to work that way, I can also place the text above the timeline but I will try the link provided, thanks!
  •  06-16-2019, 6:39 785726 in reply to 785724

I'm sorry that is way too hard for me to understand.

Is there a way of telling me simply how to make the text appear in the movie? Thanks.

•  06-16-2019, 9:18 785730 in reply to 785726

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEv4MizjyRI

There you go. You could have just told me about that.

•  06-16-2019, 9:36 785731 in reply to 785726

Oliver Shergold:

Is there a way of telling me simply how to make the text appear in the movie? Thanks.

Oliver,

Thinking, you have text that might be in another file that you want to paste into your video and format it in there.

1. Select all text (highlight it all) from within the program (possibly MS Word or Notepad or wherever) then copy it to the Clipboard by pressing Ctrl-C or use it’s copy option. 

2. In Studio, in your video, select a track above the video track and at the general location on the timeline where you’d like your text to appear.

3. Click on the “T” icon on the toolbar (is above all tracks on left side).

4. Press Paste (Ctrl-V) your text in the box at top right.  It now can be formatted as you see in center of screen.  Then process ok or whatever the button to return to time line.

Disclaimer:  I composed this from memory not on my PC, without having PS opened in front of me.  I think this answers your question more directly that will allow you to go forward and build upon it.

Good Luck,

•  06-16-2019, 9:38 785732 in reply to 785730

You know, I've been using PS since version 10, and I had no idea what you were asking about.  Glad you were able to answer your own question.
  •  06-16-2019, 11:47 785733 in reply to 785731

iraisok:
    Oliver Shergold:

Oliver,

Thinking, you have text that might be in another file that you want to paste into your video and format it in there.

1. Select all text (highlight it all) from within the program (possibly MS Word or Notepad or wherever) then copy it to the Clipboard by pressing Ctrl-C or use it’s copy option. 

2. In Studio, in your video, select a track above the video track and at the general location on the timeline where you’d like your text to appear.

3. Click on the “T” icon on the toolbar (is above all tracks on left side).

4. Press Paste (Ctrl-V) your text in the box at top right.  It now can be formatted as you see in center of screen.  Then process ok or whatever the button to return to time line.

Disclaimer:  I composed this from memory not on my PC, without having PS opened in front of me.  I think this answers your question more directly that will allow you to go forward and build upon it.

Good Luck

No. It isn't that. I mean I go into TEXT and make a title, then I just want to drag it ono a desired part of the video, Hopefully later on that video will really help - it shows you exactly what to do,

•  06-16-2019, 12:58 785734 in reply to 785733

Ira's recipe is perfectly right.
  •  06-16-2019, 13:43 785738 in reply to 785733

That video has not really helped. It showed how to drag the text box above Track 2 and Track 3 but how do I position it within the video clip so that my text shows in the video?
  •  06-16-2019, 13:45 785739 in reply to 785734

saby:

It isn't what I am trying to say. Please read my last post!

•  06-16-2019, 13:49 785740 in reply to 785739

So this is where I'm at. That's my movie. There's my text box above next to the audio. I want to know how to make my text appear over the movie in the timeline. I really don't know how else to explain it any simpler.

[click to view image]

•  06-16-2019, 13:54 785742 in reply to 785740

The area where is shown the 3D text thumbnail in your screenshot is not a track but the Storyboard view.

Here is what it should look like :

•  06-16-2019, 13:55 785743 in reply to 785739

Oliver Shergold:

saby:

You'd better read our posts ...

•  06-16-2019, 14:05 785744 in reply to 785743

saby:
    Oliver Shergold:

saby:

You'd better read our posts ...

Is that a threat? I did read it but it wasn't what I was asking. As I explained. Several times.

•  06-16-2019, 14:18 785745 in reply to 785744

Anyway I finally managed to get the text to stay in the box, The audio remained. But now all my clips disappeared. Never seen anything so cack-handed. This makes Roxio Creator look good! Anyway thanks for all your help but I;m off somewhere else, hopefully  I will find someone who understands what it is I am asking.
  •  06-16-2019, 14:25 785746 in reply to 785744

Oliver Shergold:

Is that a threat?

Simply an advice.

•  06-16-2019, 15:10 785748 in reply to 785746

All I can say is "wow".....
  •  06-16-2019, 15:35 785750 in reply to 785745

Oliver Shergold:
    Anyway I finally managed to get the text to stay in the box, The audio remained. But now all my clips disappeared. Never seen anything so cack-handed. This makes Roxio Creator look good! Anyway thanks for all your help but I;m off somewhere else, hopefully  I will find someone who understands what it is I am asking.

I am a native English speaker. Been speaking, reading and writing English for 60 years. Also, in communication 101, it is up to the speaker to explain to the listener what they are trying to communicate. If the listener doesn't understand properly, the speaker has to find a better/different way to help the listener to understand. 

I am not quite sure I fully understand what you are asking, but I I gather it has something to do with putting titles in your video. 

Here is a video TUTORIAL on how to add titles to you videos. Even though it's for earlier versions, it works the same on PS22.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy