Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Upgrade Question (from 21 to 22 Ultimate)

Last post 3 hours, 51 minutes ago by thirly. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-09-2019, 18:40 785600

Upgrade Question (from 21 to 22 Ultimate)

Hello all. I have a rather quick question.

I currently have Pinnacle Studio 21 Ultimate (21.5 to be precise), and I am wanting to upgrade to Pinnacle Studio 22.

Of course, I want to save money... so I am going to choose the UPGRADE option (which is currently $50 off for us Canadians).

However... when I am choosing this option, will I get the FULL VERSION of 22..?? What I mean is... does the upgrade "leech" code off of my already installed version 21?

This is important to me, because down the road (around September or so), I will be buying a new laptop, and I will NOT be installing version 21.

Will my newly acquired UPGRADE of 22 work on a system that DOES NOT HAVE 21 installed, or does it always need version 21 to run?

Thanks in advance to any replies,

Dan M. 

•  06-09-2019, 20:10 785601 in reply to 785600

Re: Upgrade Question (from 21 to 22 Ultimate)

nintendan:

Hello all. I have a rather quick question.

I currently have Pinnacle Studio 21 Ultimate (21.5 to be precise), and I am wanting to upgrade to Pinnacle Studio 22.

Of course, I want to save money... so I am going to choose the UPGRADE option (which is currently $50 off for us Canadians).

However... when I am choosing this option, will I get the FULL VERSION of 22..?? What I mean is... does the upgrade "leech" code off of my already installed version 21?

This is important to me, because down the road (around September or so), I will be buying a new laptop, and I will NOT be installing version 21.

Will my newly acquired UPGRADE of 22 work on a system that DOES NOT HAVE 21 installed, or does it always need version 21 to run?

Thanks in advance to any replies,

Dan M. 

Upgrade Version means you need the previous version installed to be able to install the newer version of PS (or the activation key).

Full Version you don't need the previous versions installed. 

•  06-09-2019, 21:48 785602 in reply to 785601

.  .   .   but you will be able to install S22 on your new computer without first installing S21. 
  •  06-09-2019, 23:21 785603 in reply to 785602

I believe that all you need is the registered serial number from the previous version.

Of course you can install the new version on a separate computer. As posted above, you do not need the previous version installed on that computer. When you download PS22, you get the full version.

•  3 hours, 51 minutes ago 785937 in reply to 785603

The whole S22 "upgrade" thing is a puzzle to me. I previously used Studio 12 Ultimate UPGRADE which was purchased in 2008/9. It needed my Studio 11 Ultimate FULL disc to be inserted during installation. Years earlier I bought Studio 9 UPGRADE which needed my serial key from S7 FULL.

When I bought Studio 22 Ultimate I clicked the offer to "upgrade from a previous version", I selected "Studio 15 or earlier" and was then able to purchase Studio 22 Ultimate at a much reduced price without giving any proof that I had previously owned any Pinnacle or Corel product!

I assumed that during installation of S22 I would be asked for a previous serial key or prompted to insert a disc. I was never asked for either of these.

Studio 12 has been on my current Win10 installation but has long since been uninstalled. Maybe its info is lurking in the registry? Likewise, Studio 16 Full was on my current system very briefly a few years ago. (At that time the OS was Win7 - it's now the free Win10 "in place" upgrade).

The "about" window in S22 says nothing about an upgrade, just "Studio 22 Ultimate". I have never been asked for proof of a previous version.

Does this mean my S22 "upgrade" can be installed on any computer without me needing to have S12 UPGRADE installed and/or S11 FULL disc inserted?

If the answer to the above is "yes", then why would anybody pay full price for the full (non-upgrade) version? 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy