Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Where are the rendered and project files in S22 stored and when/how do they get removed?

Last post 06-04-2019, 9:35 by thirly. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-04-2019, 6:47 785395

Where are the rendered and project files in S22 stored and when/how do they get removed?

In Studio 15 (and earlier) there was an option to remove rendered files. You could remove all rendered files or just the files associated with non-open projects or just the files in the currently open project. The latter was often vital to force a fure-render of clips in the timeline.

Does S22 have a similar option?

Even with this fubction, in S15 many project files were often left littered around the PC system. One paricular folder on my system, at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Studio xx\Data\Media was never deleted automatically. The first time I found

it (about 4 years after installing S12) I found 7 gigs of data left in there. 

So, are all rendered files and other assiciated project files (apart from your actual source media) removed from your system when a project is deleted? If not, are there any folders like the one mentioned above that need to be manually cleared?

I have set the actual Render folder to my V:\ partition (V=Video) so I can get to it easily but I see it has many files in it with dates that are associated to projects that I have deleted from S22.

•  06-04-2019, 8:17 785397 in reply to 785395

Re: Where are the rendered and project files in S22 stored and when/how do they get removed?

The Control Panel/Storage locations has a Delete render files option. The issues with other scratch files isn't the same as in classic studio, but deleting a project does not delete render files or anything else. The storage settings should help you manage your hard disc usage.

The only large files that may be an issue are DVD or Blu-ray images. As you specify where you put these, they should be easy the find and delete.

The NG project files are much smaller than the classic project files, BTW.

•  06-04-2019, 9:35 785400 in reply to 785397

Re: Where are the rendered and project files in S22 stored and when/how do they get removed?

jjn:

The Control Panel/Storage locations has a Delete render files option.

Ah! That's where it is. Thank you for that and the other info regarding scratch files.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy