Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Force a re-link of single clip on timeline

Last post 05-22-2019, 9:56 by iraisok. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-22-2019, 1:48 785132

Force a re-link of single clip on timeline

Is there a way to force a re-link of a single clip on the timeline?  I had to close and reopen PS for it to prompt for re-link when I intentionally moved location of a file.

•  05-22-2019, 3:44 785134 in reply to 785132

Re: Force a re-link of single clip on timeline

Once the clip is showing up in the Library as missing - with the red exclamation mark - you can just right click on the library clip and select "relink media".

However, how you force it to show up a clip as missing in the library depends on how you are using the library and if you know which clip it is. Easiest way if you are using project bins and don't have Library Media showing in the Library tree (pinnacle's default) seems to be to open the project bin and select all the clips (ctrl-A) and then the warning will appear on the missing clip.

•  05-22-2019, 9:56 785138 in reply to 785134

Re: Force a re-link of single clip on timeline

I
    jjn:

Once the clip is showing up in the Library as missing - with the red exclamation mark - you can just right click on the library clip and select "relink media".

However, how you force it to show up a clip as missing in the library depends on how you are using the library and if you know which clip it is. Easiest way if you are using project bins and don't have Library Media showing in the Library tree (pinnacle's default) seems to be to open the project bin and select all the clips (ctrl-A) and then the warning will appear on the missing clip.

Forgot your name?

I knew the clip I had deleted/moved/renamed.  I use Project Bins and this one was opened.  In the future I’ll use ctrl-A.  What I was doing (first time ever) had the desire to move, what was the only snapshot used in the project, into the main folder and rename it.  

Thanks, 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy