Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Pan & Zoom - rendering and dragging start and end

Last post 05-15-2019, 16:54 by iraisok. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-13-2019, 9:42 784800

Pan & Zoom - rendering and dragging start and end

Using final 21.5U:

With all I have created with 21.5, I hadn’t used its Pan & Zoom until yesterday.  Took awhile to get what I wanted.  Here are my findings.  If what I state is normal, so be it.  If you can correct me, all the better.

1. I set background rendering for when not editing (may not be use the correct term).  No matter, rendering would not begin until I left Pan & Zoom.  So I would click Properties, for example, and then the green render bar quickly traveled to right to completion.

2. I was key framing in Pan & Zoom.  I could not manually set start and end positions (view each colored anchor) put the red end anchor in the foreground as I used to with older versions of PS.  Not explaining this well but control was tied to the Pan and Zoom key frame setting.  So I admit to not reading the manual, but can you tell me, in a few steps, how you set start and stop blocks when key framing Pan & Zoom.  I know where on time line I want the Pan and Zoom view to start and to stop but was difficult to get the Pan and Zoom blocks set.  Yes, I succeeded but “it was a bear,” if you understand that term.

BTW: If either of my findings are connected with a known deficiency of PS21.5, no problem.  I realize PS 21is going to be patched.  If it was a known issue, was Pan & Zoom improved in PS 22.#?

Tnx, 

•  05-13-2019, 13:21 784814 in reply to 784800

Re: Pan & Zoom - rendering and dragging start and end

iraisok:

1. I set background rendering for when not editing (may not be use the correct term).  No matter, rendering would not begin until I left Pan & Zoom.  So I would click Properties, for example, and then the green render bar quickly traveled to right to completion.

Pan and Zoom is like PiP - while you are "inside" the Editor Preview render is suspended regardless of the control panel settings. This is to stop the constant stopping and restarting of PR while you make small changes. You can scrub through to see the current state of your edit. So, I'd say that was "by design".

I'm afraid I'm not sure I understand your second issue. The green and red keyframe markers can't be moved relative to the timeline of that clip, if that's what you are asking.

•  05-13-2019, 19:51 784837 in reply to 784814

jjn:
    iraisok:

Pan and Zoom is like PiP - while you are "inside" the Editor Preview render is suspended regardless of the control panel settings. This is to stop the constant stopping and restarting of PR while you make small changes. You can scrub through to see the current state of your edit. So, I'd say that was "by design".

I'm afraid I'm not sure I understand your second issue. The green and red keyframe markers can't be moved relative to the timeline of that clip, if that's what you are asking.

Thanks much for clarifying my observation regarding when rendering occurs.  As for my second question.  I probably need to revisit P&Z now that the production is done .. can mess around calmly, if you know what I mean.  For now, to elaborate just a bit more.  Recall in the "olden days." with like PS19U or PS17U (I think), while P&Z was archaic compared to PS21U, the actions I to were to position the Green Start block/screen and the Red End zoomed screen.  I was in full control.  Maybe I did that yesterday with PS21U but I bumbled through it.  Somehow, my need for and involvement of key frames caused my conflict, I am not very well describing.  If any of this made sense, I look forward to your reply, if not await when I revisit and play with it awhile and hey, I might even read the manual.

Tnx,

•  05-14-2019, 17:30 784884 in reply to 784837

Wowie!  Your information and yes, reading the P&Z chapter did the trick.  Works great!  Thank you. 

Got one [more] question and this applies to key framing in general.  Would be great if you could copy ALL keyframes you placed at one point to be able to paste them ALL at another location.  I've always had to copy one at time.  Leaves room for positional error.  As for with P& Z, too bad it is not offered on the  P&Z View where you can move the set of key frames from one location to another simply by dragging the marker BUT, not able to duplicate them at an other location as would be needed to maintain your P&Z view for awhile before proceeding to some other view on same clip. 

I hope you prove me WRONG and instruct on how to accomplish copying/pasting a set of keyframes in a keystroke or two to do that quickly and accurately.

Tnx,

•  05-15-2019, 14:39 784926 in reply to 784884

Did you know that you can right click on a timeline photo and open the legacy Pan and Zoom?

I think there are a number of inconsistencies in the way that keyframe can be controlled in the "new" effects editor. In effects you can multi-select keyframes and drag them as a group. That doesn't currently work for the "new" pan and zoom. In the "old" pan and zoom, all the keyframes at the same frame are treated as on for copy and paste, but if you try to drag it the program behaves oddly (it didn't in earlier versions). The programmers really need to revisit the code here.

•  05-15-2019, 16:54 784934 in reply to 784926

jjn:

Did you know that you can right click on a timeline photo and open the legacy Pan and Zoom?

I think there are a number of inconsistencies in the way that keyframe can be controlled in the "new" effects editor. In effects you can multi-select keyframes and drag them as a group. That doesn't currently work for the "new" pan and zoom. In the "old" pan and zoom, all the keyframes at the same frame are treated as on for copy and paste, but if you try to drag it the program behaves oddly (it didn't in earlier versions). The programmers really need to revisit the code here.

As mentioned in my earlier reply, in new P&Z, I am able to drag all key frames at one position to another by dragging the single marker on the P&Z Source screen timeline.  My wish is to be able "copy" all at one spot then paste them to another.  I do find that possible.  And yes, I tried legacy P&Z but I don't even know how to key frame P&Z from it?  Ok, about "new P&Z behaves oddly."  Glad it's not me all the time.   At least I can use new P&Z and will not avoid it in the future.  We know multiple way to accomplish actions that P&Z offer.

Tnx,

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy