Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Some new suggestions

Last post 05-04-2019, 21:39 by victorvideomaker. 17 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-22-2019, 5:38 780486

Some new suggestions

Hey Guys,

I’m really liking studio 22 and finally some more pro features for sure, so well done!

i have a few little suggestions for future features

- a key board short cut to fully turn Off/On rendering 

- a key board short cut for a quick cross desolve on timeline

- a key board short cut for playback quality (the 3 switchable options that are in the control panel) one keyboard short cut to switch through all 3

- easy ease in and out for everything that uses key frames and or more curve options also (on all effects) 

- make track height on timeline even smaller than the smallest current setting 

thanks guys 

•  04-22-2019, 7:07 784066 in reply to 780486

Re: Some new suggestions

Bump 

- also while using 2d and 3d editors, being able to move object vertically and horizontally in the timeline playback window by simply dragging the object where ever you want within the source window for better precision of movement, rather than using the sliders in 2d and 3d editors only, using the sliders only is very hard and not accurate.

- also while using time warp/speed editor being able to zoom in you can not zoom in currently, and have better more accurate key framing controls in time warp/speed editor 

thanks 

•  04-22-2019, 14:56 784082 in reply to 784066

drawn01:

- also while using 2d and 3d editors, being able to move object vertically and horizontally in the timeline playback window by simply dragging the object where ever you want within the source window for better precision of movement, rather than using the sliders in 2d and 3d editors only, using the sliders only is very hard and not accurate.

For 2D, it's already possible thanks to the PIP shortcut here :

•  04-23-2019, 3:59 784089 in reply to 784082

Thank you for the reply - I have used that function before but there is no key frames options if you want movement, correct?
  •  04-23-2019, 4:24 784090 in reply to 784089

Not correct.

Open Editor, Properties. Any resize, positionning and cropping you make in the preview window with your mouse implies that the corresponding sliders move accordingly and vice versa. Everything is keyframable.

•  04-23-2019, 4:53 784091 in reply to 784090

NNo you don’t understand what I’m talking about, the pip function is not key framable, The sliders is what I was referring to in the first post in 2d and 3d editor, I want to have the same SLIDERS control but in the timeline window (to be able to adjust the actual object with the mouse in the window) sliders is quite hard to position precisely, I could do this in pinnacle/avid liquid, but can not in this program,  I’ve noticed pinnacle studio is very similar to Liquid which is awesome! I loved using liquid, the 2d and 3d editor is almost precisely the same as liquids 2d and 3d editor except minus the function I’m talking about.

•  04-23-2019, 5:16 784092 in reply to 784091

drawn01:

NNo you don’t understand what I’m talking about, the pip function is not key framable,

Neither do you.   Big Smile

The PIP function in the preview window is keyframable.

Watch this : https://youtu.be/X5H3MlysW6o

•  04-23-2019, 6:34 784097 in reply to 784091

Also, the sliders in NG Studio editors are controlable with keyboard shortcuts. Once highlighted the keyboard arrows allow single value increments, the Page up/down in larger increments. And the 2D Advanced editor is keyframable.
  •  04-23-2019, 7:59 784100 in reply to 784092

Brilliant! That’s what I’m After, thank you....wouldn’t it be nice if you could work in 3d space with in there (in x,y,z) that would be great, and yes I know 3d editor can do this but I still don’t really like the sliders.

also can I ask in ‘control panel’ in ‘export and preview’ in drop down box ‘show external preview’ can you plungin a another hdmi monitor to give you video fold back on external monitor, not desk top mirror but video output.

thanks again  

•  04-23-2019, 9:28 784101 in reply to 784100

The Show external preview is a hang over from the Movieboard/Moviebox/USB 700 I/O devices. they will only do SD. However, if you have two monitors attached to your computer you can show the show the preview full screen on the second monitor and have the first monitor display the editor.
  •  04-26-2019, 22:22 784259 in reply to 784101

It would suggest a button for rendering video effects, and a faster rendering engine as it already exists in other professional editors like adobe premiere.
  •  04-27-2019, 23:54 784271 in reply to 784259

I think the rendering speed is really good, depends on the system you have it on, and yes I think a one button on the timeline and one button key board short cut for render off/on would be great.

•  05-01-2019, 23:33 784408 in reply to 784271

Compared to other video editing programs the pinnacle rendering mechanism could be better or of the same level, already for smaller works and videos the pinnacle very good more long videos and with effects takes a lot of rendering, it would be great a button to render effects.
  •  05-02-2019, 1:02 784410 in reply to 784408

victorvideomaker:
    it would be great a button to render effects.

What would be the purpose of this button ?

•  05-02-2019, 5:07 784413 in reply to 784410

So you don’t have to go to the control panel and move that slider up or down every time you want to turn off or on the render, a one button off/on would be really handy especially if your running this software on a slower older machine where you can’t leave the rendering on all the time,

also the other poster victorvideomaker taking about the rendering being better....come to think of it yes it could be better, I’ve noticed when working on a complex project with lots of video tracks and effects, you’ll finish for the day and render everything on the timeline to then come back to it the next day and open it again and it will need to render some slices again, that’s precisely what Liquid used to do. I’ve noticed studio seems to be built on the same liquid engine which is a good thing I used Liquid professionally for 10 years, but please fix this rendering issue.

•  05-02-2019, 12:42 784428 in reply to 784413

The existing slider is not a binary button. It's not on or off, but a treshold setting.

It can't be replaced by a on/off button on timeline.

•  05-02-2019, 14:39 784432 in reply to 784428

I'm not sure I see the point of turning off rendering If you have Render while Play set to either Off or Automatic.
  •  05-04-2019, 21:39 784513 in reply to 784410

The adobe premiere has a preset to render the effects through a button and makes it much easier because not all the effects demand a rendering, I am a pinnacle user since avid liquid times then I migrated to 12 then 16,17,21 and now I'm 22 the redender in pinnacle 17 and 21 in my new machine flows much better than pinnacle 22 that in addition to slow the program hangs whenever it starts editing a project in 22 has to save not to lose everything during the editing, the mechanisms of rendering of other programs flow much better than the pinnacle by the feature so much that pinnacle has a more agile rendering and a program that would get close to the premiere very easy.

Ok saby !

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy