Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Pinnacle Studio Pro. (MAC)

Last post 04-25-2019, 6:00 by Tony P. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-24-2019, 19:15 784181

Pinnacle Studio Pro. (MAC)

PINNACLE STUDIO SHOULD DO A VERSION FOR MAC NAMED:     "PINNACLE STUDIO PRO (MAC)"

PINNACLE SHOULD COMPETE WITH FINAL CUT PRO AND PREMIERE.

THE USER INTERFACE THAT PINNACLE STUDIO 22 ULTIMATE HAVE IS SO GREAT!

BUT SOME SUGGESTED CHANGES SHOULD BE DONE IN ORDER TO PERFECT IT.

AS WE CAN SEE MAC COMPUTERS OFFERF BETTER RENDERING AND PERFORMANCE THAN PC. SO WHY COREL DOESN'T MAKE A PROFESSIONAL VERSION OF PINNACLE (OF COURSE, NOT CHANGING THE USER INTERFACE THAT PINNACLE 22 HAVE) IS VERY EASY TO USE. COREL JUST MADE CORELDRAW FOR MAC (FINALLY). WHY NOT PINNACLE STUDIO AS A PRO VERSION?   COREL IS WAISTING TIME. PINNACLE STUDIO IS A GREAT! VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE, IT'S JUST THAT THEY NEED TO GIVE IT MORE QUALITY AND RENDEWRING. THEY CAN MAKE IT BETTER.  AND IT'S SO EASY TO USE.

FINAL CUT IS A GREAT!!! VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE BUT IT'S NOT TO EASY TO WORK WITH.  PINNACLE HAVE THAT POTENTIAL TO COMPETE WITH FINAL CUT IF THEY WANT.

THE PEOPLE WILL APPRECIATE A SOFTWARE THAT IS NOT TOO CHEAP ON PRICE BUT IS EASY TO OPERATE AND HAVE EXCELLENT QUALITY, THAN A SOFTWARE THAT IS CHEAP BUT DOESN'T HAVE QUALITY AND CAUSE YOU TROUBLE ALL THE TIME. THINK ABOUT IT!

RENDERING SHOULD BE THE #1 THING THAT SHOULD BE FIXED WITH PINNACLE. IF YOU INPORT A VIDEO IN FINAL CUT YOU CAN SEE THAT IT DOESN'T REALLY THINK TO PLACE THE VIDEO IN THE TIMELINE, IF PINNACLE FIX THIS IT WILL BE 95% DONE. THE OTHER THING IS PLAYBACK AND EXPORTING QUALITY. THE REST IS AESTETHIC.

A GREAT THINK WILL BE INSTEAD OF MOVING THE PLAYHEAD WITH THE MOUSE WHEN CLICKING ON IT AND DRAGGING...      NO,  MAKE IT PREVIEW LIKE FINAL CUT AND OTHER VIDEO SOFTWARES LIKE DAVINCI RESOLVE, THAT YOU CAN PREVIEW THE VIDEO FILE AND THE CONTENT OF THE TIMELINE WHEN YOU HOVER OVER THE VIDEO.   LEAVE THE CUTTING WINDOW NEXT TO THE PREVIEW WINDOW BUT MAKE EVERY CONTENT PREVIEW WHILE YOU ARE POSITIONING OVER THE VIDEO. THAT WAY YOU HAVE MORE PRECISION TO CUT AND PLAY WITH YOUR VIDEOS AT THE TIME OF EDITING.

[click to view image] 

THE OTHER THING IS TO LEAVE THE LOOKING OF THE TRANSITION BORDER THAT THE OLDER PINNACLE STUDIOS HAD. IT'S NICER THAN THE ONE PINNACLE STUDIO 22 PUT (IT LOOKS SO FLAT :( ). THE OLDER ONE LOOKED LIKE A PEELING BORDER LIKE THE ONES YOU SEE IN THE PEELING TRANSITIONS. IT LOOKS NICER.

[click to view image] [click to view image]

Old Pinnacle Studio Transition-in (Border)                              New Pinnacle Studio 22 - Transition-in (Border) (Flat) :(

THAT'S FOR NOW WHAT I SEE, I MAY FORGET OTHER THINGS BUT SO FAR IS WHAT I SEE THAT COULD BE CHANGED IN PINNACLE.

HOPE COREL DO A PROFESSIONAL VERSION FOR MAC COMPUTERS.  (NOT LIKE THE SUCKED ONE THEY DID FOR THE TABLETS THAT DOESN'T WORK FOR NOTHING, IS USELESS)

PINNACLE STUDIO LIKE THE PC BUT A PROFESSIONAL VERSION FOR MAC (WITH BETTER QUALITY AND REAL FAST RENDERING)

THANK YOU!!! 

•  04-25-2019, 4:21 784189 in reply to 784181

Re: Pinnacle Studio Pro. (MAC)

Moved from the Italian forum to the Off Topic section in the English forum.
  •  04-25-2019, 5:22 784196 in reply to 784181

Re:Pinnacle Studio Pro. (MAC)

@ ypsoftnet

Using capitals in digital communications is commonly considered as shouting.

I totally disagree with you current opinion : iDevices version of Pinnacle Studio was a great tool and a awards winner.

As for why Corel doesn t go to MacBook market, I think they have good people in their marketing division and a better knowledge than you on the state of the market.

•  04-25-2019, 6:00 784198 in reply to 784181

Re: Pinnacle Studio Pro. (MAC)

Interesting post. Some I agree with, some I don't.

Pinnacle for the Mac. Others have said this in the past. I have no problem with that, but I am sure that a lot of major re-writing of the coding will be necessary, along with hiring those that can do it. Then there is how many will sell, can Corel recoup it's investment and make a profit not only immediately, but long term. I can't answer that.

Mac computers offer better performance and rendering. Sorry, wrong wrong wrong. PC hardware is superior and cheaper. Fact. That's why there are those that do "Hackintosch", PC hardware with Mac OS. Oh, Apple does that already. PC hardware in a Mac, but charge a wonderfully HIGHER price for the Apple logo, limited expandability, and an enclosure that looks a little different. 

FCP is good software. A lot of people are leaving it though because of the lack of support for "pro" features. Davinci, Media Compose, Premiere and even Lightworks offer compelling alternatives for the pro editors on a Mac causing many to go to the PC version because it's the same software and the hardware is cheaper. While Pinnacle might compete on a consumer level, on a pro level, FCP is way ahead. Look at the codecs just to start. 

Importing (I am guessing, dragging clips from folders) a video that goes directly to the timeline, yeah, I can go for that.

If you want to change the interface to look like FCP, why not use it. Same with Resolve or Vegas with previewing clips, hover mouse pointer over them to see what is happening. But moving a playhead is no real big deal.

As for the way transitions work and appear on the timeline. I too like the "old" way. It worked well for years. But, keeping the timeline in sync is what PS is trying to do.

The tablet version of PS received a lot of praise when it was released. I don't use it or follow it, so can not comment on it.

I would personally like a more "pro" version of Pinnacle, but it has a ways to go with the way it is right now. Get the "consumer" version right and then move more upscale. At least that's how I see it. 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy