Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

pinnacle studio 12.1 is a crashing bore!

Last post 04-25-2019, 9:03 by culpanr. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-05-2019, 13:51 782527

pinnacle studio 12.1 is a crashing bore!

If i reinstall it will i have to get the passport stuff again?

Also if i set the computer back to factory specs will i have to get the passport stuff again

it has been working fine on the same computer for about 6 years.

since i had to set the computer back to factory specs, pinny just wants to sulk!

i try to drag a little video onto the workplace and i either get the hourglass type thingy say it is thinking, or it ends up doing nothing!

the computer does not connect to the internet.

HELP!!

thanks all

200GB free on hard drive

•  04-05-2019, 14:50 782531 in reply to 782527

Re:pinnacle studio 12.1 is a crashing bore!

If your hardware configuration has not changed, the passport should be the same.
  •  04-05-2019, 16:13 782533 in reply to 782531

Re: Re:pinnacle studio 12.1 is a crashing bore!

thanks for your help
  •  04-05-2019, 16:17 782534 in reply to 782527

Re: pinnacle studio 12.1 is a crashing bore!

"If i set the computer back to factory specs will i have to get the passport stuff again".

If you have to reinstall PS12 again your passport number will change.

You will need to send a PM to a moderator with your registered email and passport number for new keys. 

•  04-05-2019, 16:48 782536 in reply to 782534

UHOH thanks
  •  04-25-2019, 4:45 784192 in reply to 782534

R_Vera:
    If you have to reinstall PS12 again your passport number will change.
    FWIW, that's not what I see here; I have upgraded OS and replaced computers several times and the two legacy versions of Studio (12 and 14) that I need to keep for specific tasks have never created a new passport number; I've always had exactly the same one - and just been able to re-insert all of my previously-obtained activation keys (after acquiring the keys for the first time I kept a record of them).

Because the passport didn't change for different OS/computers, I belioeve that it may be kept online (held alongside your registered name/email/country) or generated locally by the installer based on that information. So as long as you enter exactly the same registration information when Studio was last registered you ought to get the same passport number again (and be able to re-use previously-generated activation keys).

Regards,
    Richard

•  04-25-2019, 6:09 784200 in reply to 784192

I 've always thought that passport was hardware depending.
  •  04-25-2019, 7:15 784201 in reply to 784192

Everytime I re-installed my PS program, I got a different passport number unless I saved my pixie file and replace it with the newer pixie file made.
  •  04-25-2019, 7:56 784203 in reply to 784200

saby:
    If it is hardware deopendent, there must be some method such as checking registration details online to see if you're already a registered user (and thereby re-use the same number). Otherwise, I would have ended up with different passport numbers (and needed different sets of activation keys) on all three computers.

Here, at least, the one passport number I have seems to follow me as a registered user, regardless of which PC I'm needing to reinstall Studio on (even after clean reinstall of OS so no saved Pixie folder contents hinting at prior installations).

Maybe Ramon is reinstalling Studio on a PC having no Internet connection (so that registratrion check and re-using the same passport number if you're already registered cannot take place)?

Regards,
    Richard

•  04-25-2019, 8:25 784204 in reply to 784203

culpanr:

saby:
    If it is hardware deopendent, there must be some method such as checking registration details online to see if you're already a registered user (and thereby re-use the same number). Otherwise, I would have ended up with different passport numbers (and needed different sets of activation keys) on all three computers.

Here, at least, the one passport number I have seems to follow me as a registered user, regardless of which PC I'm needing to reinstall Studio on (even after clean reinstall of OS so no saved Pixie folder contents hinting at prior installations).

Maybe Ramon is reinstalling Studio on a PC having no Internet connection (so that registratrion check and re-using the same passport number if you're already registered cannot take place)?

Regards,
    Richard

Let me explain it a little bit much better:

If you are having HDD problems or computer problems and need to reinstall the whole OS including your programs then you sure will be getting a different passport number.

If you just uninstall and reinstall PS then you will be getting the same passport number unless you also delete manually everything for PS from your computer. 

•  04-25-2019, 9:03 784206 in reply to 784204

R_Vera:
    If you are having HDD problems or computer problems and need to reinstall the whole OS including your programs then you sure will be getting a different passport number.
    That is not what has happened here; I have consistently been given the same passport number every time I have reinstalled any legacy version of Studio (9 onwards), whether this has been on a computer where I upgraded or reinstalled the OS (clean install - not keeping any previous files or settings) or on a totally new computer.

However, I am almost 100% certain that on every occasion I installed Studio, at the point of entering the registration details and the program serial number, whatever computer I was installing Studio on would have had a working Internet connection. So there would always have been the opportunity for the registration tool to go online and discover that I was already registered and to re-use the passport number.

Regards,
    Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy