Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Creating good-looking titles?

Last post 02-05-2019, 10:24 by culpanr. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-04-2019, 13:15 779281

Creating good-looking titles?

Attachment: Capture.JPG

Hi all, I just wanted to see if things had changed in the title dept since a couple years ago.  I used the basic PS21 titler and it's still just pure garbage (pic below).  Is there anything else in this application for titles?  Happy to pay for a plugin.  For important videos I create a basic title in Photoshop and import it as a png or jpg. but this adds to my workflow.  Come on Corel.

What are you guys using?

•  02-04-2019, 13:19 779283 in reply to 779281

Re:Creating good-looking titles?

Except 3DTitler added in PS21, no improvement in classic titler so far.

Definitely a weakness in PS compared to its competitors.

•  02-04-2019, 15:41 779293 in reply to 779281

Re: Creating good-looking titles?

In my experience the classic titler seems particularly poor if working in standard definition (e.g. making a DVD image). A workflow that might improve things is to do the editing and addition of the titles with the timeline set to full HD (1920x1080); export an intermediate full-HD .MP4 (H.264) or .MPG (MPEG-2) file and use that as the source video for the disc project.

FWIW there are two third-party titlers that have plugins to work with Studio - Boris Graffiti and Prodad Heroglyph; both are available to download as trial-versions.

HTH
    Richard

•  02-05-2019, 2:25 779302 in reply to 779293

I would happily pay more money for a decent titler. Perhaps Corel should explore the market to see if this is widely supported.
  •  02-05-2019, 5:10 779314 in reply to 779302

When exporting in 4K, the titles look good. But we should not have to do that to get good looking titles.

We've needed a new title program (not 3D either) for a very long time.

•  02-05-2019, 6:27 779319 in reply to 779302

Bob keen:
    I would happily pay more money for a decent titler. Perhaps Corel should explore the market to see if this is widely supported.

They already provide better titlers with Corel Video Studio.

•  02-05-2019, 8:47 779332 in reply to 779293

I might also need to change my perception of this software.  Is this professional software?  Or is this for home use?  Am I using this product in a manner other then its intended functionality?

I've had Adobe creative suite sitting on my computer for years.  I just haven't had the time to learn it.  I don't do a lot of crazy things in PS, but the things I do use I feel like it would take months to learn in Premier.   I'll start a new thread for this.

•  02-05-2019, 9:44 779336 in reply to 779281

Studio is one of the video editing programs I use, but I do most of the titling for all of them in Photoshop (Elements-has all the features I need). Actually, you can drag and drop a PSD graphic file into Studio.  This is advantageous if you need to use the title graphics in a print.  Drop it in your invoice. If you burn a disk, it can be used making the label, cover of the case, any inserts you put in the case, put it on a coffee mug for the client...etc.  So, that part about adding to your work flow.  It depends upon what you're turning out.

Premiere isn't one of the video editors I've ever used.  While Studio doesn't have everything that the top-tier professional editing programs have, it holds it's own. I've had no more aggravations with Studio than with any other NLE I've ever used. 

•  02-05-2019, 10:24 779337 in reply to 779332

Eightysix86:
    ...Is this professional software?  Or is this for home use?  Am I using this product in a manner other then its intended functionality?
    I would describe it as being "Prosumer" - well suited to home users who want to do so much more than just "tarting up" bits of mobile phone footage to put on social media, and with enough to satisfy many professional users too (wedding and sports videographers, amateur film makers, etc.). So I doubt whether you're using it "outside its intended audience".

FWIW, I make a number of videos of roller skating competitions each year; Pinnacle Studio has always been able to cope with the editing with ease - IMO its only major "problem" for what I do is the classic titler (I use Prodad Heroglyph V4 for anything that I can't get the classic titler to do such as lengthy title rolls/crawls)

Regards,
    Richard
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy